Exploding Glock Humor

Yea yea… Glocks explode… I’ll save all you Glock haters the trouble and post these before you get a chance:

glocknade

howaglockworks

Glockmotivator

GlocksInUse

I have not had a Glock explode on me yet… and I’ve never seen it happen.  Every gun store on earth though has employees that have seen “LOTS” explode “with their own eyes” and they love telling you this every time you inquire about a Glock … riiiiiighhht *rolls eyes*

I still think that most of these problems could be attributed to the “unsupported” chamber on the Glock, and shooting hot reloads.

If you want to shoot hot reloads, and you have a Glock, it would likely be best to buy an aftermarket barrel like the one on the left.  Notice the amount of the body of the cartridge that is exposed on the Glock factory barrel (right).

SupportedVsUnsupportedGlockGlockClaymoreb52glockGlock-bullet-grenade

I’ll stick to my factory loaded ammunition and the factory barrels for now.

Steve December 8, 2009 at 07:42 pm

These are great.

Admin (Mike) December 8, 2009 at 08:14 pm

Thanks Steve, I have been collecting those pics for years!

Marsh December 11, 2009 at 06:17 am

Most likely a myth spread by diehard “Buy America!” types which is very common in the gun/knife community. I can understand that attitude when it comes to products made by fucked up leftist fascist countries like China but not our European allies.

Mike March 11, 2010 at 09:23 pm

Actually the Chinese made some of the absolute best AK’s and Makarovs ever brought into the US. It’s a shame we can’t import their weapons anymore.

John B. July 29, 2012 at 03:40 pm

Fascist =/= Leftist

Learn your political spectrum, Fascists are all the way to the right.

James July 6, 2014 at 09:08 am

Austrian Allie’s?? Never has been and never will be! Most Austrians think Americans are pure crap! Seems they were selling sniper rifles to the insurgency in Iraq while our toops were getting shot by them…So they sell Americans a pistol that explodes…..Bought to you by the same people that brung you Adolph Hitler :)

As far as made in America….You must not be old enough to remember cars made in the 70’s…like the 73 Pinto “FIREBOMB” Americans produce some pure crap too especially if its a bad design to start with.

Smith and Wesson stole Glocks design and improved it so it doesn’t blow up….LOL!

steveH December 11, 2009 at 02:48 pm

What with Glocks being made in Smyrna, Georgia, the “buy American” argument for avoiding Glock pistols sounds a bit limp.

Randal January 6, 2012 at 05:28 pm

You are correct sir. I would rather take a SLIM chance of “blowing up” than get mugged and murdered by the scum that runs this towns city streets. Went to the Glock Shop ( the size of a large closet then) many times in last 40 years or so. Long closed. Buy American meant something then.
Smyrna also had my buddy turning out ( ya gotta love ’em, Mac-10’s, at the time).Boy,I miss those days around here. Shoot first and don’t ask any questions. Lived in Kennesaw were it was the local law for head of household to possess a firearm. Town had a very LOW crime rate. LOL

LeeK March 16, 2012 at 05:01 pm

Smyrna is Glocks North American distribution center. The handguns are still made in Austria–at least all of the ones I’ve ever seen or owned. But I too agree that the “buy American” argument is a lot limp.

Jonathan June 22, 2015 at 03:49 pm

Some of the 17s and 19s are made in Georgia. It isn’t just distribution.

JJKavanaugh February 12, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Guys I was at the test when the Beretta slide passed the shooter’s ear and the front sight fell of the Smith & Wesson. Carried Model 15s for years then went to a Berretta 92 on duty. Own one of each and carry a Glock 22 or 23 off-duty with a Kel-Tech p40 as back up. Each one had it’s detractors and proponents… carry what you like or have to, but just learn to use what you carry.

Admin (Mike) February 13, 2010 at 02:04 pm

>> carry what you like or have to, but just learn to use what you carry.

I couldn’t agree more.

That must have been pretty crazy seeing the slide fly off the Beretta. I suppose if you put enough rounds through anything some weird stuff is more likely to happen.

Rusgunnut1 June 4, 2010 at 03:40 am

I’m a sig dude, but I have nothing against glocks. I think it’s the 1911 camp that causes the rumours. You can always snidely comment about how glocks have such a good mag capacity

HMPlatinum February 12, 2012 at 11:18 am

Hey! That’s not fair!

You can’t trace ANY of those rumors back to me…

I covered my tracks.

-Plat
Who owns no Glocks, but does have a few 1911s.

ANON June 6, 2010 at 05:47 am

Here is something to consider: the chamber is open more to ensure reliable feeding. I don’t think it would cause a gun to explode anymore than any other polymer pistol.

This rumor is probably from 1911 guys.

watchmaker June 15, 2010 at 12:17 pm

If you carry everyday the light weight is good [ scandium type guy] I have a 1911 an sig both so dont blame 1911 guys or haters of overseas weapons because glocks blow up.
and if you check they all blow up from time to time wheel guns too
its just the things so damn ugly

LeeK March 16, 2012 at 05:04 pm

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think that the Glock is pretty in it’s own way and I think that no one will argue that Rosie O”Donnell is in no way attractive (or possibly even female).

Bob Clevenger November 20, 2010 at 12:47 am

Well, the king of the unsupported chamber crowd is the 1911.
Make sure your ammo is correct for YOUR gun (and vece-versa).

Tony Cruz June 12, 2011 at 09:12 am

You all are so funny. Every glock I’ve seen has jammed, whether it was right out of the box or a gun someone has had for years, at one point or another they’ve all jammed. I have Rugers, Smith&Wesson, and Springfield Armory. Out of them all my best gun is the Ruger P345. It eats everything without a hiccup. I’ve even considered buying a glock until I researched the exploding glock so called rumor, it is no rumor, even Glock recognized the problem in earlier models. But Watchmaker says they all blow up at one point or another, I’ve never had a Ruger blow up, I’ve never read Ruger blowing up, and can’t find it on the internet. If you can find it please show me.

james March 11, 2015 at 10:36 am

True shit, I’ve had my ruger lc9 and p345 for years and never had any jams or any problems with any ammo, definitely the best guns I’ve bought so far

lol glocks September 19, 2011 at 01:02 am

Well Gaston Glock does chum around with ex-Nazis. That is reason enough for me to never buy one.

LeeK March 16, 2012 at 05:06 pm

Good. That leaves more for the rest of us. I’m sure Austria is just crawling with evil old Nazi’s.

jaso kellogg January 9, 2012 at 11:18 am

I bet ‘my’ glock 20 will hurt you before it hurts me.

Tony Cruz January 9, 2012 at 01:43 pm

@Jaso Kellogg, a comment like that on the internet proves to me that you are what I like to refer to as an internet tough guy. Your glock won’t hurt anyone, you know it and I know it, or else you wouldn’t make comments like that anywhere, especially on the internet where no one can see you, or reach out and touch you, LOL you internet tough guys kill me LOL, but not with a glock LOL.

Jonathan June 22, 2015 at 03:52 pm

You like to say LOL a lot.

Ryan February 7, 2012 at 03:16 am

This is hilarious. No one toots their own horn about how “my gun is the best” like Glock owners. “Glock is the only gun that never jams!” they claim, yet you can find dozens of Glock jams recorded on youtube. I would NOT say it’s a bad gun per se, as all guns potentially have their shortcomings, but it is definitely overhyped. Add to that it’s aesthetically unappealing, and I just plain dislike the ugly, boxy polymer guns.

It’s a no-brainer that plastic/polymer wears down over 10,000 to 15,000 rounds put through it quicker than a stainless steel or metal alloy gun regardless of the lauded resilience of Glocks.

DaveP. February 7, 2012 at 04:52 am

“It’s a no-brainer that plastic/polymer wears down over 10,000 to 15,000 rounds put through it …”

The Army reported unacceptabel wear, rendering the 1911 unsfe to fire… at less than 7000.

Thanks for posting a comment to a three year old post, though: us Glock owners occasionally need to be reminded how stupid some people are.

LeeK March 16, 2012 at 05:10 pm

I guess that would explain the range I go to getting an average of 100,000 shots out of their rentals Glocks before retiring them.

JB February 12, 2012 at 01:16 am

You know, I can honestly say, that no matter how many times I fire my Glock, it’s never jammed on me. However, I handed it to my buddy at the range and it jammed 4 times in one magazine. But it didn’t jam on me. Must be the way I handle it, I don’t know. Anyways, to the point. My Glock has never jammed on ‘me’ but almost every other handgun I have fired has. Excluding my Dad’s 1911. My buddy’s Ruger P95 jammed at least 4 times every magazine we fired. And my other buddy’s S&W XDM .45 jammed a few times. All in all, EVERY gun jams. It happens…

ArmSo February 13, 2014 at 07:22 pm

Glocks are notorious for jamming if you limp wrist them, which is why I call out every anti-glock video I see. 95% of the time you can tell the shooter doesn’t have a firm grip or proper shooting posture in the videos, leaving me to believe either most YouTube shooters actually suck and should spend more time on fundamentals before lecturing or informing people, or they’re doing it on purpose to make a point. The 9mms are especially bad, but the .40s will do it too. The way to spot someone limp wristing a glock is you’ll see the brass eject straight up about a foot and then fall to the right just a bit because the slide didn’t cycle all the way back. If you’re doing this while firing quickly, you will more than likely have a failure to eject or load. That’s how I catch my wife and little sister limp wristing them, and soon as they correct their grip there’s no issue.

Ceasar Luna July 24, 2016 at 01:05 pm

Perfect explanation. I was waiting for someone to say something about limp wrist.

Anon February 22, 2012 at 04:20 pm

I wasn’t aware firearms were able to produce a toast condiment.

Tony Cruz February 23, 2012 at 11:59 am

“You know, I can honestly say, that no matter how many times I fire my Glock, it’s never jammed on me.”

@JB It’s funny you say that. Everytime I go to Blue Ridge Arsenal shooting range someone has a glock that jams. It never fails. This could be due to the limp wrist syndrome or bad mags, there are a hundred different reasons a gun can jam. I can say this, if it’s a semi/full auto gun, it can jam, regardless of manufacturer. But to this date I’ve gotten at least a thousand rounds apiece for each of my HK45, FNP 45, FNS9, Ruger P345, Ruger P95, Springfield Armory Mil Spec, and Remington R1 1911 and has never jammed. Could be cuz my wrist ain’t limp LOL or could be I haven’t put enough volume through them. Glocks are fine, dummy proof, just not for me. I leave them for the dummies LOL.

BRUCE P. MARSTON February 18, 2013 at 11:52 am

GLOCKS ARE LIKE ASS-HOLES-EVERYONE HAS ONE!