Classy version of the sawed off shotgun

Most of the pictures I had seen of short barreled shotguns were your typical Mossberg 500 or Remington 870’s… seen one you’ve seen them all.

But then I came across this:

Franchi-Sawed-Off

It’s a sawed off Franchi – Renaissance Sporting 12 Gauge.  This bad boy sports dual 3″ chambers in an over-under configuration, top notch walnut furniture with well placed cut checkering, a gold-embellished trigger, and lots of engraved scroll work. MSRP – $2249

Here it is in its pure form:

Franchi-renaissance-sporting

Franchi-renaissance-sporting-topFranchi-renaissance-sporting-bottom

I would love to be able to afford $2249 on a Franchi Renaissance Sporting to do this.  The unfortunate reality is that short barreled shotguns lack utility in everything but personal protection and home defense.  Spending that much money, only to hack off 50% of the gun, is reserved for those with deep pockets and strong stomachs.

Franchi-Logo

Mikee December 15, 2009 at 08:23 am

Such disfiguring of a shotgun demands that a Remington Spartan be used.

Admin (Mike) December 15, 2009 at 11:40 am

Heheh yea that would look good too. Not quite as classy though.

Linoge December 15, 2009 at 07:48 pm

Good lord. That has to be one of the most gorgeous things a gunny could keep in his kitchen cabinets for easy access…

Admin (Mike) December 15, 2009 at 08:08 pm

I agree, or in a real good spot in a luxury sedan where the driver can grab it if needed!

azlibertarian December 15, 2009 at 08:49 pm

Funny you mention “kitchen cabinets”.

In a drawer in their kitchen, my grandfather kept a single-shot .410 shotgun on a pistol grip a bit smaller than the one pictured here. He called the thing “Little Brother”, and would tell my grandmother that “If some guy shows up at the back door, you just get ‘Little Brother’ out and let him have it”. Its now lost outside the family tree (and pisses me off because of that), but its a fun memory none-the-less.

Admin (Mike) December 15, 2009 at 10:00 pm

hehe “little brother”. I love clever gun nicknames. That’s too bad yours is not in the family still :(

Wes S. December 15, 2009 at 08:45 pm

Ugh. Actually that hackery makes me a little ill. Why do that to a $2,000+ Franchi instead of a $360 Stoeger Condor?

…And that looks quite a bit like a gun wielded by the villanous Henry Silva in the old Burt Reynolds movie “Sharkey’s Machine.”

Admin (Mike) December 15, 2009 at 10:04 pm

You’re right, the Stoeger Condor looks like it would make a nice Short Barrel Shotgun as well! That Franchi definitly has more shock value though because of the scroll work and gold accents.

I was not familiar with the movie Sharkey’s Machine, so I looked it up on youtube. I couldn’t find any pictures of the gun though.

GALIL May 1, 2011 at 07:23 am

I’ll not be tired of hunting weapons Dvlvl some pictures to send to me thanks

Keith June 9, 2011 at 03:24 pm

Just found your site and I was checking out old posts. This looks similar to the gun Chuck Norris was holding on the poster for “The Hitman”. Super badass awesome.

mason July 4, 2011 at 05:16 pm

i think it a great look for an over under shotgun it makes me want to buy it. plus it would be one hell of a boom stick

Mike January 12, 2014 at 01:40 pm

Wow, what a beaut! May not be the most practical defensive weapon, but certainly one of the most elegant. A gunsmith could probably make a good profit doing this to cheaper second hand stackbarrels, but they wouldn’t be as elegant at this Franchi!

C. J. Stelly December 15, 2014 at 09:36 am

i would like to become a dealer of yours. I have already sent you my FFL # and CLASS 3 #. 337 344 2003. I would also like to purchase a Franki O/U sawed off

c. J. Stelly December 15, 2014 at 11:59 am

Franchise Rennance Sporting 12 Guage sawed off. How do I get one. Also I would like to become one of your dealers.
FFL #. 5-72-055-01-4K-03514 and my CLASS 3 dealing in Explosives, Sawed-off Shotguns etc # 2014169-N51-004
C. J. Stelly