Glock Generation 4 – Actual Pictures

YAWN

How anticlimactic.

Generation 4 Glock 22 shown with two removable backstraps

New grip texture and MASSIVE magazine release.  Just in case you didn’t hit the old mag release by accident easily enough

Dual recoil spring system

As you can see “GEN4″ is now on the frame, just in case you forget.

Shown with one of the removable back straps.

More Pictures – HERE

Hat Tip: TheFirearmBlog

18 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD YOUR OWN

Josh Smith December 26, 2009 at 08:26 am

I guess I now have to come up with a new reason to not like Glocks. As a lefty, my reason has always been it does not have an ambi safety….now I just have to tell the truth…it is ugly as hell!!!!…and besides personnally experiencing the perfection of blowing up in my hand, I cannot think of any other reason.
I am glad that they stamp it Gen4 though, I have so much trouble telling the difference between the previous three screw-ups.

Admin (Mike) December 26, 2009 at 01:44 pm

Yea I can see how that ambi safety would be a welcome addition for lefties.

I do like the look of it (because it looks pretty much the same as the other generations), but I am underwhelmed by the changes they made.

Jeff May 19, 2010 at 07:45 pm

I can see how the trigger safety could be difficult to manipulate for a lefty. The only thing that is not designed for the poor lefty is the mag release. You should pay closer attention before you comment.

Admin (Mike) May 19, 2010 at 08:01 pm

The mag release is ambidextrous on the Generation 4 models. You can take it out and point right or left.

Looking back, I really don’t know what he meant by ambi safety.. maybe he did mean the trigger safety as you suggested. If he did, I don’t see how that would be any more difficult to manipulate with your left index finger over your right one.

syko April 10, 2011 at 05:37 pm

u chat shit glocks r reliabe as hell and they look good hence y most cops use glocks

Marsh December 26, 2009 at 04:18 pm

Glocks are by far the best handguns on the market regardless of caliber. It’s hard to improve upon near perfection. They hold a huge amount of rounds, they’re light as hell, they’re ultra-reliable, they’re extremely durable, they’re very accurate, they’re inexpensive and they’re simple to use. The only thing they need to work on is making a brighter light for it and slimming them down to make them easier to carry.

Admin (Mike) December 28, 2009 at 02:37 pm

Yea! We need a single stack .45

You’re right about the glock light too.

SLL December 12, 2010 at 08:26 am

Ummmm, Glock 36……

cmblake6 December 27, 2009 at 07:43 pm

I like what they did with the backstrap. The only thing really wrong with a Glack is that grip profile. The SF pretty well fixed that. Oh, and it’s plastic. My hideout can be plastic. Not my main weapon. http://www.robarguns.com had the best idea. They make the Glack into metal with the CCF Racefame. Stiffer, more accurate, trigger consistency, and a massive shape change in the grip. Changeable backstrap. You like the original shape? Fine, have it. I’m a 1911 man myself, flat mainspring housing. This one has that option, but it’s still flexiplastic. Good gun, just not my choice.

Admin (Mike) December 28, 2009 at 02:42 pm

I heard that the new gen4 glock without any backstraps is equal to the SF grip. Not sure if that is true though.

I do like the look of that Robar glock, but you’re basically turning it into a whole other gun… more like a 1911. I guess that’s the idea though.

P.S. I like your use of “Glack”. A lot of guys around here say it that way, and it threw me off the first time I heard it haha.

Marsh December 29, 2009 at 12:42 am

Modern plastics are pretty damn durable on guns. They’re just as durable as metal guns in my experience. I’ve read magazine articles where guys have put hundreds of thousands of rounds through a single Glock without having one malfunction or problem. Now that’s durable. Me personally, I want as much plastic on my guns as possible in order to reduce weight.

Admin (Mike) December 31, 2009 at 11:00 am

You’re right, people think “plastic” isn’t as good as steel because they are used to being bombarded with the low cost, low strength plastics. There are plenty of plastics out there that have superior properties to steel in every aspect including corrosion resistance, tensile strength, weight etc… There are definitely some parts where at the current moment steel can not be replaced, but I am confident that research and development will find a replacement eventually.

cmblake6 December 27, 2009 at 08:04 pm
USMC August 20, 2010 at 01:47 pm

Everyone should look into the Springfield XD(M) many more features then a Glock. Glock are good pistols they just don’t seem to keep up with staying current. XD(M) has features that are not needed but they are nice features to have.

Admin (Mike) September 3, 2010 at 07:54 pm

I’d have to say those extra feature that the XD(M) happens to have, for me are not wanted. That’s the one problem I have with the gen4 glocks as well.. the changes they did do (for me) were trying to fix problems I never had.

Mick 4444 November 25, 2010 at 12:43 am

freakin leftie: in the beginning when infants were inferior, i.e. suspected to be a runt, gay, or left handed, those less than acceptable humans were sacrificed, thrown to the wolves, left for dead, or just discarded as trash. These days, we are taught tolerance and everyone has a right to an opinion. Well, I say F….that. For the normal human male, a glock is a superior tool and as Tommy Lee Jones said; every thing else is just a Nickle Plated Sissy Pistol.
F.. all you bitchin, whinning, out of state Alah prayin, half breeds…Go back to the shit hole you came from and death to you.

U should have been born a woman.

Mick 4444 November 25, 2010 at 12:57 am

First things first.. all you dipshits are probalby just like me, obviously U like handguns and shooting sports, but have any of you opinionated swingin dicks ever used a handgun to defend yourself in a real combat situation? Probably not…

So, why are you so full of opinions about what works and wont doesnt if you have never fired a round into the body of another animal in the defense of your country, family, or yourself? Like so many others, your ego likes to be heard and you get wood by posting half assed comments.