The gun, a M1911A1, is introduced at around 11 minutes into the movie.
This movie is such a classic, definitely on my list of favorites. Reminds me of a simpler time, before the internet and mainstream proliferation of video games… when kids were kids, and did stupid things but still managed to survive.
- Chris: You wanna be the Lone Ranger, or the Cisco Kid?
- Gordie: Walkin’, talkin’ Jesus, where did you get this?
- Chris: Hawked it off my old man’s bureau. It’s a forty-five.
- Gordie: [incredulously] I can see that…[aims gun at trash can and mimics the sound of a gun being fired] You got shells for it?
- Chris: Yeah, I took all that was left in the box. My dad’ll think he used them himself shooting at beer cans while he was drunk.
- Gordie: Is it loaded?
- Chris: Hell no! What do you think I am?
- [Gordie squeezes the trigger and the gun discharges]
- Chris and Gordie: [in unison] Jesus!!!
- [the two run]
- Chris: Gordie did it! Gordie Lachance is shooting up Castle Rock!!
- Gordie: Shut up!
Stand By Me IMDB page – HERE
Buy the movie on Amazon: