Reed Knight’s Gun Collection

Of Eugene Stoner Guns…

Awesome video from AmericanRifleman.org

Hat Tip: ShoulderThing

13 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD YOUR OWN

michael January 16, 2010 at 03:47 pm

wow. what a great Video. Thanks for the upload.

William Miller January 18, 2010 at 12:18 am

I recently met a guy who’s seen Mr. Knight’s collection.

He also has a lot more guns and tanks, too! Sweet stuff!

Admin (Mike) January 18, 2010 at 12:31 am

Awesome! I think that around this time of year (SHOT Show) he gives group tours to people in the industry. I believe you had to buy the tickets, but if I’m not mistaken the money went to a good cause.

Steve January 18, 2010 at 08:31 pm

That machine gun with no barrel rise was awesome.

Admin (Mike) January 18, 2010 at 08:44 pm

I agree!
He mentioned it has a long recoil system. I guess it all moves so quickly it’s impossible to see what is going on. According to the wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recoil_operation the barrel moves during the cycle and is locked to the bolt for part of it. Very interesting stuff…

Phil January 19, 2010 at 07:45 am

Can anyone read lips? What is he trying to says during his 200 round mag dump?

Steve January 19, 2010 at 06:28 pm

Alright, the machine gun is a Stoner 63, and is actuated by a conventional long-stroke piston. It’s a gas-piston.

I don’t know anything about the long recoil system like Browning’s Auto-5. I guess some machine guns were made with that action, but it just seems weird to move the entire barrel on each shot.

Here’s a long action shotgun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8Kox-M5uwI

Steve January 19, 2010 at 06:29 pm
Admin (Mike) January 19, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Awesome thanks for the link and info Steve.

Sheila May May 10, 2011 at 04:15 pm

Reed,

Brent Ballington February 25, 2013 at 05:36 am

I live in Titusville,Fl., where KAC is located and I toured the museum 2 weeks ago.As a lifelong firearms enthusiasist,collector,shooter & a huge fan of the AR platform,all I can say is that I needed a beach towel to keep from drooling all over the floor!The museum is comprised of 3 large rooms.The first room is basically a collection of every rifle,machinegun,& small artillery piece(including RPGs,rocket launchers,etc.) made since the 1700s.The outer walls are lined with rifles from floor to ceiling.The 2nd room is the “Modern Firearms” room and this is the room showed in the video.This room contains an example of every AR-15/M-16 made and an example of just about every other military small arm made since WW 2,and all of them are in working order and they DO shoot them!The 3rd and last room is the armoured vehicle collection.This room contains probaly 80 to 100(I didn’t count) tanks and armoured vehicles.This collection is beyond impressive and I encourage any firearms or history buff to visit.It is not open to the public,but they do give tours several times a year.You need to call and submit your name,and they will contact you when a tour is being planned.Its AWESOME!!!!

Kathleen December 6, 2013 at 09:09 pm

I absolutely adore this company. I am lucky to personally know Reed Knight III and he is fantastic at his job as well as just a freaking awesome guy. I’d give my left kidney to work for this company. I wear all their t shirts to represent.