Interesting Anti-war Posters

I am not anti-war, I thought these ads were neat though… very interesting concept.

The following 4 posters are designed to wrap around poles, campaigning for an end to the Iraq war.

What they look like around poles:

Posters by: Big Ant International

Posters for: Global Coalition For Peace

We need some guerrilla marketing campaigns as clever as this, that are pro gun.  Can you imagine the stir that would cause?

SPC Fish January 31, 2010 at 07:56 pm

the M1 abrams barrel has been photoshopped longer. the others look legit though

Cordolf February 1, 2010 at 12:35 pm

The grenade throw is photoshopped as well – check out the grass – duplicate bunches.
And the rifle looks a little long to me also, but I can’t see the obvious duplicate portion.

Admin (Mike) February 1, 2010 at 02:36 pm

You guys are right.. it definitely looks like some of them are photoshopped. I guess for the sake of the posters having to be an exact length, they had to take a bit of a creative licence. To save money those are might even be all purchased “stock” photos which they modified.

Josh February 1, 2010 at 04:18 pm

I’m sure they’re all altered. In the one with the F/A-18, I doubt that an aircraft could fire two missiles that would be flying (seemingly) so close together at such a short distance from the aircraft that fired them. Also, I opened the picture in Photoshop and measured the lengths of the missiles. The missile in the rear is 77% of the size of the lead missile, indicating that they are at significantly different altitudes. Measuring the wingspan of an F/A-18 (40 ft) and length of an AIM-7 Sparrow missile (12 ft) and comparing the ratios of those pictured, it appears that the trailing missile is the appropriate size compared to the aircraft; the lead missile is far too large.

Not a lot of truth in advertising here.

Shifting the position of a thrown grenade is one thing, but altering a photo to make a tank or rifle look more menacing, or to show missile launches that can’t occur as shown is a bit much.

Admin (Mike) February 2, 2010 at 04:34 pm

Thanks for doing the leg work Josh. Interesting results.

JoeDirt February 13, 2010 at 06:43 pm

The point isn’t to make the barrel more menacing or anything, it was just to make it work for the layout they were going for. Its pretty clever, even if I don’t agree with it.

AJ187 February 5, 2010 at 03:07 pm

Whatever your feelings on the war are, these photos are sure arresting and thought provoking.