Starbucks says keep coming with your guns

“Starbucks does not have a corporate policy regarding customers and weapons; we defer to federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding this issue,” Starbucks’ customer relations department said in response to the Brady Campaign’s request.

Take that Brady bunch.

The Brady Campaign claims they have 180,000 “members” nationwide.  I wonder how many of those people support their views, and are not just on that list for the LOLs every time they start a new crusade to rid the United States of evil guns.

You can thank Starbucks on their website – HERE

Silicon Valley news article – HERE

Hat Tip: SayUncle

Pic from Dave who reversed the frown to a smile on the logo.

Paladin February 7, 2010 at 06:16 am

I was hoping that Starbucks would come down on this side of the arguement. I used to be a Starbucks addict, until their prices got (even more) ridiculously high. That and I noticed my tac-vest was getting too snug to close :)

I think the economy may have as much to do with their decision here as a desire to protect 2nd amendment rights does. It’s extremely bad business to ban an entire segment of your customer base when you’re already experiencing down sales. I’ll take the decision as a good thing, though, regardless of the reasoning.

Admin (Mike) February 7, 2010 at 03:26 pm

Yea they just raised the prices by 30 cents or so again!
I used to drink a few of those Frappuccinos a week, but then I found out they were terribly unhealthy so I cut down. Then ultimately I switched to iced americano.

I think you’re on to something with the bad economy and Starbucks decision. Like you said though, it’s great their decision fell on the pro 2A side regardless.

Fred February 7, 2010 at 08:05 pm

I just realized what they did with the logo… I’m totally stealing that for my blog.

Admin (Mike) February 7, 2010 at 08:27 pm

Awesome name for a blog Fred. Stealing that logo only makes sense :D

Fred February 7, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Of course I’ve been using the name for almost a year now… maybe I should sue.

Fred February 7, 2010 at 10:45 pm

Make that over a year! Didn’t realize it’s been that long.

Dave February 8, 2010 at 02:31 pm

HA! Made my day seeing my fixed logo on your post.

I also fixed the color scheme back to Starbucks’ color and reverted their question marks back to stars. This alternation is protected by the parody clause.

And Fred, you’re welcome to it as well. :)

Fred February 8, 2010 at 03:20 pm

Awesome. Now I just need to figure out a good spot for it.

Owen February 14, 2010 at 12:10 am

Seriously, Sbux corporate loves feedback. Go to the corporate website and fill out their feedback form, and tell them why you think this was a good idea. Not only do business need to hear from us when they do make a good decision, but starbucks will send you a coupon for free coffee for your trouble. :D

Admin (Mike) February 15, 2010 at 01:59 am

Good advice Owen. Considering some of their drinks are pretty expensive, getting a free one for taking a few minutes of your time seems like a pretty sweet deal!