Even Batman Exercises His 2nd Amendment Right

I guess Batman must have special New York City (Gotham City) weapon privileges because he is a celebrity.

Lots More pictures of Batman with various guns over at Silver Age Comics

Also If you haven’t seen The Dark Knight by now.. you’re slackin.  Buy it HERE for Cheap

Solomon March 3, 2010 at 05:39 pm

It really makes sense. Batman was created during a time when everyone had a gun in their house and society was a bit more polite.

Personally I like it.

Admin (Mike) March 3, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Yea it was nicer back then. The Brady campaign’s next project… cartoon’s and comics!

Phil March 3, 2010 at 06:06 pm

Looks like an M1 Carbine.

Admin (Mike) March 3, 2010 at 10:10 pm

You’re right it does. I was thinking the part where the forend meets the barrel looks a bit mini-14 like though. I suppose they take a bit of a creative licence being a cartoon and all. :P

Daniel Z. March 3, 2010 at 09:52 pm

I love guns, and I love Batman, but they don’t mix. Batman would never use a gun.

Admin (Mike) March 3, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Check out the link I posted Daniel… He used guns occasionally in the comic books.

Josh March 3, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I’m with Daniel on this one. I know there have been dozens of different Batman comics with dozens of different writers, but I always thought that the true spirit of Batman was that he didn’t need guns, and although he had seemingly super-human strength, he didn’t really have any superpowers. Superman and Spider Man have their superpowers, the Punisher has his guns, but Batman didn’t need either. Batman just needed his cool gadgets, his martial arts, and the strength and agility of an Olympic gymnast.

Jesse March 4, 2010 at 06:44 am

Alternate universe Batman that grew up in Russia used a gun

Admin (Mike) March 4, 2010 at 11:50 pm

hahah that’s awesome

Solomon March 4, 2010 at 08:29 pm

Daniel and Josh are talking about the ‘modern’ Batman. Historical Batman and Superman (I can’t believe I know this) were very different creatures. The Comics were used during WW2 as part of the war message. They fought Nazi’s and Japanese and were using the same weapons as the troops. Only in the ‘modern’ age have those heroes changed. Check out classic cartoon videos. They’re short, entertaining and give a different look at the genre.

Admin (Mike) March 4, 2010 at 11:51 pm

Yea, oldschool batman was a lot more cutting edge.