Female UK Rapper M.I.A.’s New Controversial Video – Born Free

Very controversial new video put out by the UK rapper M.I.A.:

[youtube width=”560″ height=”340″]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9rUHDXRFI[/youtube]

[vimeo width=”560″ height=”315″]http://vimeo.com/11219730[/vimeo]

The 9 minute video features American police involved in some sort of redhead genocide, likely symbolic for something else.

I know what you’re thinking:

OH NOES GINGERCIDE! Where’s Carrot Top when you need him? Get Christina Hendricks and Lindsay Lohan to safety at once!!!

On another note… the flag patches are backwards on all the police uniforms, which is probably intentional.

The song doesn’t really appeal to me, but the video is pretty well done.

NOTE: I embedded both the YouTube and Vimeo versions of the video because the YouTube one is/was banned in lots of countries when it came out a couple days ago.

Pete April 29, 2010 at 02:28 pm

wth? well that was one for the memory vault…

adam April 29, 2010 at 02:36 pm

why is it no one is original. it was like in rambo where they made them run across the field where they had thrown AP mines. M.I.A is dumb like most rappers. they rap about robbing people which i dont think they have. im sure if they got robbed they would be very upset.

Josh April 29, 2010 at 03:01 pm

It is military regulations that require the “reverse” flag (with union to the right) to be worn on the right shoulder. I don’t think most police uniforms abide by similar regulations, so the “regular” flag on his right shoulder is not incorrect.

The most notable example of the “regular” flag (field to the left) being worn on the right shoulder is probably the Boys Scouts of America uniform.

Admin (Mike) April 29, 2010 at 04:21 pm

Interesting, I was not aware of that discrepancy Josh.

Linoge April 29, 2010 at 03:30 pm

Eh, forget Lohan – just use her to slow the idiots down. But Hendricks… yeah, I could probably find somewhere to hide her.

As for the video… yeah, I think I would like my ten minutes back. Decent editing, especially with the gratuitous gibbing, but crap music, and whacked-out theme ar ejust not doing it for me :).

Admin (Mike) April 29, 2010 at 04:20 pm

Hmmm Lohan as police bait? She is definitely already good at that task.

Lee Tauntaun April 29, 2010 at 06:36 pm

Well, I think that the video was definitely supposed to be controversial. As usual with these things though, they just flailed around, accomplishing nothing. I believe that thinking people everywhere know (whether they want to admit it or not) that if the US was half as bad as the leftists want people to believe we are, this would be a very different world today. We are still fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan because we try to play nice with others, even at the cost of our own best and brightest.

On a side note, I am with Linoge. Lohan (who would definitely be on my deadpool list if I had such a thing) can rot, but Hendricks could stop at my underground railroad safehouse anytime. Any. Time. I’ll be in my bunk.

Halo_Storm April 29, 2010 at 08:33 pm

I don’t get the running part, at first I thought they were going to run though a mine field, (why they don’t just execute them is beyond me) but none of them step on a mine, there’s explosions from some sort of buried explosive around them but no mines, also why is the Humvee with the troops driving through the field with detonating explosive in the ground also?

Also why was that one guy using a standalone M203 in an apartment building, at first I thought it was some shotgun? lol.

Admin (Mike) April 30, 2010 at 01:51 pm

LOL yea who knows Halo… Most people wouldn’t even pick up on 1/2 the details that you did so I suppose that is why they take an artistic licence when making videos like that.

Mike April 30, 2010 at 03:39 am

Well it’s about time. Someone has to do something about this red menace.

Dom April 30, 2010 at 06:30 am

You know it irritates me a bit that they chose to portray Americans doing this. I actually think the UK is a little more likely to turn dystopic and send jackbooted thugs storming through apartments, yeah? A camera for every 12 people, bans on every form of self-defense. Just ask George Orwell and Alan Moore.

Dennis April 30, 2010 at 11:37 am

Don’t hold your breath hoping this isn’t in the cards. Wait tell the insiders demonize the gun owners and those of us who want to be free and independent. Keep your nanny State. When Governments go bad, they go bad real fast. Then they kill you. Good luck.