Hyper Realistic Training

If they made this type of infantry experience available to civilians as a weekend camp, I think it would be pretty popular. I’m thinking rich business men would be down for this kind of adrenaline rush.

They should start the training out with an R. Lee Ermey “Full Metal Jacket” style reaming.

Damn good idea to have such realistic training. Better to learn from your mistakes in training then do potentially die or become a liability in real combat.

Strategic Operations website – HERE

Hat Tip: Solomon

Martial-Lol'd May 21, 2010 at 06:35 am

It would be cool if they had a “Red Dawn” type scenario for civilians, law enforcement and military.
Or a SHTF.

Josh May 21, 2010 at 10:54 am

I can certainly see why this might be a draw for some civilian people, but I think it’s best not to indulge those people’s already inflated egos – best leave this for the professionals. We don’t need more paintball/airsoft style heros out there who think they’re Rambo because of their experience with something that, although very realistic, is still make believe.

That being said, this looks extremely cool. I can imagine why it’s convenient to have it located in San Diego, so close to Hollywood and the effects people that make it possible. They should have a set-up like this somewhere in North Carolina too. That would be much more convenient for the majority of the Army’s ground forces that could benefit from this type of training, as well as the Marines at Camp Lejeune.

Martial-Lol'd May 22, 2010 at 12:56 am

I agree with you more than less on the issue, except that I think the professionals and non-professionals would learn from interacting with the people who aren’t professionals. Learning doesn’t stop once a person becomes a professional.

I think if they had a good system to penalize “Rambo” wannabes would be a good idea, i.e. people who are not team players etc.

editor May 21, 2010 at 11:09 am

The cross over between military and civilian role play is already happening:

bryce May 21, 2010 at 02:06 pm

Sure has come a long way from my days at NTC and JRTC

snoopycomputer May 21, 2010 at 03:50 pm

Forget a weekend camp deal, I want to be an OpFor role-player!! Where do I sign up?!

Halo_Storm May 21, 2010 at 08:35 pm

Holy shit, you would get so rich if your hosted this for the public.