Delta Airlines Flight Attendant Busted With Glock In Carry-on Bag

Indianapolis, IN – A 39-year-old Delta Airlines flight attendant was arrested today when a loaded semi-automatic handgun was found in her carry-on bag at a security checkpoint.

The 9mm Glock with a full magazine of 10 bullets and a holster were discovered in an interior compartment of Robillard’s bag as it went through x-ray machine at the airport’s Checkpoint A at 6:05 a.m.

Full Story – HERE

Oops!  That would suck if she lost her job all because she forgot to take the gun out.  Or worse, someone else put it there.  At least the two charges they gave her were reasonable, not any “terrorist” crap.

If the charges she received were both misdemeanors, how come she still was taken to jail?

DC June 7, 2010 at 12:25 am

In my state, a peace officer can make an arrest for any simple misdemeanor and above. I’d guess most states are the same. We always have the option of citing them into court (giving them a ticket), but for firearms offenses, you’d better haul them in or the public goes nuts.

Admin (Mike) June 12, 2010 at 04:13 pm

Yea I can see that. I bet the papers would be all over it if anyone with a minor firearms violation just got off with a small fine.

Adam June 7, 2010 at 01:14 am

In most states, and especially in my home state of Illinois, misdemeanors are arrestable offenses. From my past experiences, if you break the law and the charges are misdemeanor level, you are taken to jail, processed, and held there until bail can be paid.

Admin (Mike) June 12, 2010 at 04:15 pm

I always wondered, can you just pay bail with your own money? or does someone else have to come pay it for you?

Adam June 12, 2010 at 11:25 pm

You can pay it with your own money if you have access to it. In my case, I had my debit card and about 10 bucks on my person. They put the 10 towards my bail and then I had to pass the debit card to my girlfriend to get the rest.

Admin (Mike) June 15, 2010 at 02:11 am

oooo is there a good story behind your imprisonment? :P

Josh June 7, 2010 at 01:57 am

I sort of figured that it was a requirement for an arrest to be made and a formal booking for a misdemeanor, but I don’t know. There are a lot of things that’ll get you arrested that are misdemeanors – prostitution, drunk driving, simple assault, trespassing, vandalism, drug possession. All things that you would expect a person to be arrested for, not just ticketed.

It was nice to see that the author of the story used the term “magazine” instead of clip. But he lost major points at the end of the story when he said, “only sky marshals are allowed to carry guns on aircrafts.” Aircrafts, that’s like calling a bunch of people from China – Chineses. LMAO

Admin (Mike) June 12, 2010 at 04:16 pm

yea seeing “magazine” was refreshing.

Aircrafts! LOL

Rusgunnut1 June 7, 2010 at 03:15 am

If I were a terrorist, I’d do the same (either just take it on myself or just plant it in another’s bag) simply due to the huge amount of stories where things did get through. (Except I might supplement it with a family guy reference “I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies, This is the dawning of the rest, of our Livvveeeees!!! On Jiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooddd!”)

Admin (Mike) June 12, 2010 at 04:18 pm

Yea its kind of scary that someone could just plant a gun in your bags or your car, and you would get in trouble for it. I’m really surprised that doesn’t happen more often.

Dave June 7, 2010 at 05:38 am

Wait, you mean you can see a Glock with an x-ray scanner? I thought it was made of porcelain in Germany, was opaque to x-ray scanners, and cost more than most people make in a year.

The more you know, I guess. Somebody be sure to tell Josh Sugarmann, Sarah Brady, Carolyn McCarthy et al.

moi June 7, 2010 at 04:08 pm

I almost forgot about all they hysteria when Glocks came onto the market…the plastic undetectable pistol. I remember one news story after another with that slant. Ironic how it has become one of the most used firearms for police.

Admin (Mike) June 12, 2010 at 04:20 pm

haha yea the media blew the whole “plastic undetectable firearm” thing WAY out of proportion.

Admin (Mike) June 12, 2010 at 04:19 pm

Only the Glock 7 has those properties. :P

Aleksandr Mravinsky June 7, 2010 at 06:19 pm

Impossible. Everyone knows that those plastic guns are impossible for security to catch. That’s why we have to try so hard to ban them!

Besides, don’t standard Glock magazines have more than ten rounds?

Josh June 7, 2010 at 07:10 pm

Not a standard magazine for a subcompact (which would fit nicely in a carry on bag). A Glock 26 (I believe) would be 9mm with a 10-round magazine.

Aleksandr Mravinsky June 7, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Ah. Ok. I didn’t know which kind of Glock. The pic didn’t look like a subcompact (not that the pic has anything at all to do with the story).

Josh G June 7, 2010 at 11:54 pm

Maybe she’s from that Nazi state that limits ya to 10rd mags?

Rusgunnut1 June 8, 2010 at 03:07 am

I’m suprised, considering the agency, that it wasn’t a Sig Suaer P226N.

Josh June 8, 2010 at 09:50 am

The agency of flight attendants? Is there a standard-issue sidearm for a flight attendant?

Rusgunnut1 June 10, 2010 at 04:10 am

I was making a joke about “Delta”. No matter.

Josh June 10, 2010 at 05:38 pm

I guess you’re making a Delta Force/CAG joke (when you said “agency” I thought maybe you were talking about air marshals or something; I think the feds like Sigs). You might be interested to know though that most of the Delta guys prefer 1911’s. I’ve been on operations with them when I was in the Army, and worked with them when I was stationed at Fort Bragg, and those guys love their tricked out .45’s. One of my good friends to this day had been in Delta for 8 years before leaving and coming to my unit, and if you ask him what kind of pistol you should get he won’t hesitate long enough to ask what you want it for or any other pertinent questions, he’ll just say “1911.”

They might likely avoid the P226 Navy model purely on the principle that it was designed for SEAL’s! LOL

Admin (Mike) June 12, 2010 at 04:21 pm

LOL I didn’t catch the joke at first. Pure WIN!

Rusgunnut1 June 8, 2010 at 03:08 am