Pamela Gorman Shoots Guns And Is Running For Congress In AZ

YouTube Preview Image

Well she’s no Dale Peterson when it comes to campaign promotion, that’s for sure.

Mike June 30, 2010 at 03:16 am

Having a good rating with the NRA means less and less every day.

I wish they’d make it illegal to produce campaign advertisements that don’t deal with any of the issues. I’m tired of seeing politicians who think that showing up with a camera crew to a range one morning so they can shoot someone else’s guns is a good way to garner support. Am I the only one who realizes these are just stunts to trick people into voting for them? All politicians do it. Why does it still work? “Oh look he’s such a nice guy he’s reading to those kids.” It’s crap. I don’t care what stunts someone can do to look good while campaigning. I want to know what they are going to do when in office. PERIOD.

Admin (Mike) July 7, 2010 at 10:36 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with your entire comment.

Josh June 30, 2010 at 10:07 am

I have to agree that was a pretty stupid and pointless ad. I laughed at the Dale Peterson ads, but at least they were produced better. This looks like it was written and shot by high schoolers for a class project. Who was the genius that had the idea, “Hey, let’s not talk about issues, let’s show her out in the middle of nowhere shooting a bunch of different guns.”

It might work for her though. Her Facebook page has comments from people saying things like, “Your video makes me want to go shoot more and gives me hope. Thank you,” and, “I love the commercial with you and the Thompson… I shoot 45s. I have a load of ammo. I would love to shoot that gun. I am voting for you…”

Way to go voters, feeding the stereotype that gun lovers are a bunch of ignorant boobs that would be swayed by their love of guns, and not relevant issues. It reminds me of the man-on-the-street interviews, like Leno’s “Jaywalking” segment – where people have no idea what’s going on, but say they’re voting for someone without having any real idea what they stand for.

Maybe she deserves the vote for legitimate reasons; it’s just too bad that this kind of appeal is what’s needed for the uninformed (who have no desire to be anything but uninformed) general public.

Admin (Mike) July 7, 2010 at 10:37 pm

hahaha yea the comments on her facebook page are pretty funny.

stomp June 30, 2010 at 10:30 am

oh the cheese.

Im sorry, Im a gun guy but crap like this makes me want to puke. Im not looking to vote in a hitman/woman or a bible beater.

Whatever happened to “just the facts”

Admin (Mike) July 7, 2010 at 10:38 pm

I agree… but “just the facts” wouldn’t have got her video 200k views… unless she was stating those facts in a bikini. But that’s a whole other type of ad that would piss people off :P

cmblake6 June 30, 2010 at 07:22 pm

Well, y’all, I’m in love.

Adam July 1, 2010 at 05:12 pm

She’s hot and shoots. I’m sold, and since I don’t live in AZ I couldn’t care less about her politics. I like the woman, not the job.