Fake reCaptcha – Photoshop Tutorial For Trolling:
- Take screenshot of the reCaptcha you are trying to troll (even type your troll words underneath before hand, for authenticity).
- Paste it into Photoshop, zoom in on the reCaptcha and delete it or color over it with white
- Select the type tool and change the font to “Times New Roman”, and change the style to “Bold”
- Type your trolling word(s) then use Warp Text (Layer –> Type –>Warp Text) to give a distorted look. I like the style “twist”.
- Flatten the image (Layer –> Flatten Image)
- Add a slight blur to the text. I prefer Gaussian (Filter –> Blur – Gaussian) or Motion blur.
- Apply the Photocopy filter (Filter –> Sketch –> Photocopy) and even the “Graphic Pen” filter (and blur slightly for effect), Basically just fool around with the settings until you get it how you want. You can use other filters and combinations of filters to achieve similar effects.
- reCaptcha troll word(s) complete.
For the “ink spill” variation reCaptcha, you just need to draw a shape over top of your word and layer via copy, then invert the colors by clicking Layer –> New Adjustment Layer –> Invert.
Here are the ones I made up for use on your favorite site (300 px x 57 px – Drag and drop into your screen shot):