Reset Inc. has a new product out that uses a standard style picatinny rail to distribute power to weapon accessories:
As you can see in the first picture, it appears that their powered picatinny rail piggybacks your existing picitainny rail, and delivers power via that 20 round magazine looking battery on the left.
There is very little information on their website, so naturally I have some questions and concerns:
- How are the accessories getting power from the “Gold plated contact pads” that are along the rail?
- Would users need to purchase some sort of adapters from you, in order to use their current weapon accessories? If so, what is the cost?
- It says the rail is powered by a “standard AA” batery pack. Does that mean there is a handfull of replacable AA batteries inside that larger pictured unit?
- Can the weapon accessories still be powered with regular batteries in case of a catastrophic failure?
- Are batteries able to be kept within the weapon accessories while being powered by your rail?
- What is the weight of the entire system including the battery?
- What is the MSRP?
I wrote an email to Reset Inc. and will post the answers as soon as I hear back from them.
Reset Inc. RIPR product webpage – HERE