‘No Shooting’ Signs Seem To Attract Bullets

Maybe they should give reverse psychology a try?

Above photo credit to Bill M. (from the comments)

I wonder what the fine is for shooting a government sign? Probably quite high.

23 COMMENTS - JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD ANOTHER

Blaine September 20, 2010 at 01:24 am

I’m a firm believer in the Second Amendment. But, it’s obvious that some people aren’t responsible enough to have a gun. Anyone who’d shoot a sign or anything else that isn’t a legitimate target oughta have his guns and his gun rights revoked forever. (Send his guns to me for safe-keeping.)

Bill September 20, 2010 at 01:29 am

Hey Mike – just wanted to say that I’m excited to see that a picture I took (the second one down) has made it to your site.

Admin (Mike) September 20, 2010 at 04:51 pm

Right on Bill! Do you have a website you would like me to credit under the picture?

Bill September 20, 2010 at 05:44 pm

I don’t have a website, but a simple credit to “Bill M.” would suffice.

Admin (Mike) September 20, 2010 at 05:47 pm

Done. Thanks Bill.

Dom September 20, 2010 at 06:19 am

I’m not sure about taking anyone’s guns away, but I think Blaine has a point. I mean, ok, a sign out in the wilderness, at the entrance to a WMA or some such…your odds are low of accidentally killing or maiming someone when you shoot it. It’s bad, but I get it, ok fine. But a sign at “city limits” seems to imply that if you shoot at the face of it, the bullets will penetrate and go on to land somewhere in said “city.” That, right there, is evidence one is a thoughtless, worthless criminal.

Joe October 8, 2010 at 11:13 am

Agreed. I come from a long line of soldiers and gun enthusiasts, so I’ve been around guns all my life. They’re not toys, and they should be treated with more respect. This is a common problem in my town. Thugs with their guns stuck in the back of their pants, thinking they know all there is to know. I don’t believe guns should be banned by any means, but I do think you should have to pass an IQ test. Of course, I feel the same way about people reproducing ;)

Philip Compher September 20, 2010 at 11:24 am
Admin (Mike) September 20, 2010 at 04:45 pm

That doesn’t say “no shooting” on it, and it doesn’t have any holes though!

TSN4 September 20, 2010 at 04:43 pm

People who do stuff like that are going to spoil if for the rest of us…

Jim September 20, 2010 at 06:19 pm

It seems like all of the signs in Alaska looked like this.

Ben November 24, 2010 at 09:16 am

You’ve noticed that too? Nearly every sign I passed there had at least a dozen holes in it.

lisa mwasher September 21, 2010 at 02:26 pm

im not surprised some people out their are idiots this is one of the reasons why their are so many morons out their they dont care at all. lisa…..

Frye September 21, 2010 at 05:30 pm

Why do people get mad at this and bring up things like, “immature” and the “Second Amendment?” It’s the same as pissing in a public pool.

jack September 21, 2010 at 06:29 pm

Has anyone noticed most of those bullet holes look exactly the same apart from size?

Jon September 21, 2010 at 06:37 pm

Hey Jack, they’re exactly the same (except for the pointless shotgun pellet marks) because they are all very fast solid things hitting a stationary bendy thing. Why is this surprising????

John September 21, 2010 at 06:42 pm

If you put up a sign that says no spitting, people are going to spit.

Shooting a no shooting sign is an act of defiance I can have some respect for.

Buk September 21, 2010 at 10:01 pm

Why would you have respect for someone who is defiant of the law. So you’re telling me that if you spent your time and money to plant a new lawn at your house and you put up a “Do Not Walk On The Grass” sign, you would respect me if I drove my car all over it? Maybe I could just shoot the sign. Your house would stop any bullets that penetrated the sign.

ThatOneGuy September 25, 2010 at 12:32 am

Law only exists for private property. Small groups of frustrated control freaks don’t get to tell us what do to. Some day we will wake up and realize this.

Ben November 24, 2010 at 09:18 am

Now, when anyone asks me where I get my crazy Ideas from I can say, ThatOneGuy.

ThatOneGuy September 25, 2010 at 12:31 am

Civil disobedience. Awesome

TomW November 24, 2010 at 12:04 pm

Ah the fun in yelling Civil Disobedience, well that is until its something you own, or you friend or loved one injured, then the tune changes. Civil Disobedience, the catch phrase of the ignorant and/or immature.

wheelhorsec85 August 13, 2014 at 04:01 pm

any of these signs for sale?