Spider-Man Glock

With great ugliness comes great responsibility:

Hopefully the owner doesn’t have one of the drop in web conversions in there. I hear those are prone to frequent jams. :P

swedishfish02861 September 25, 2010 at 08:59 pm

I really don’t know what to say. But someone needs to get their ass kicked for this.

Steve September 25, 2010 at 09:25 pm

Spider glock, spider glock, does whatever a spid-*KABOOM*

moi September 25, 2010 at 10:51 pm

When I am home bored and decide to do something with the firearms, it usually just means a good cleaning. Yeeee, ugly!!

hiroshi_tea September 25, 2010 at 10:55 pm

oh my god. what the hell

Dom September 26, 2010 at 01:57 am

I think what’s so wrong with this is the dissonance between a self-defense tool and the concept of a superhero who is so powerful and smart that he has absolutely no need for them. A gun is a reminder we are not Super/Spider/Batman. We are just man, and so we need The Great Equalizer. Spidey, meanwhile, has no equal, and that is not the sort of power a gun imbues. It seems misplaced.

But the worst thing about it is that it looks like a toy! If I were a kid, I would assume that is something meant for me to pull the trigger of, and that the outcome would be awesome! Guns should look like tools, not toys. What makes one or the other I couldn’t really say definitively, but I know it when I see it.

glock19fan September 26, 2010 at 03:40 am

Whoever did that to a perfectly good Glock should be made to only own and shoot Hi-Points for the rest of their miserable lives.

Henry Bowman September 26, 2010 at 05:59 pm

So the question here is… do you have to hold it upside down before you can “get any?”

K Pete September 26, 2010 at 06:25 pm

See!

Even Spidey needs a back-up gun. After all, how much web can one super hero carry?

Czechnology September 27, 2010 at 07:27 am

What a fan :D

Dave September 27, 2010 at 11:38 am

I have to agree with Dom here. My major concern is that now this real gun looks like a toy. My kid’s Nerf gun looks more menacing.

If a small kid found this gun, would they treat it like a real gun, or a toy?

If someone used this to rob a bank, would people think it was real or a fake?

All kidding about how “tragic” the gun looks aside – the real tragedy from this gun is yet to come, I’m afraid.

curtis September 27, 2010 at 03:04 pm

I guess Peter Parker decided he was tired of getting shot at and decided to shoot back.

Mr Evilwrench September 27, 2010 at 04:53 pm

Peter Parker’s just lucky the webs come out of his wrists instead of his ass, like every other spider on the planet. Yes, you could get up to all kinds of no good just painting the tip of a real firearm orange; this is just asking for trouble, especially as much polymer as it’s made of. Plastic gives the impression of “toy” unless there is something to convince you otherwise, and this paint job rather reinforces it instead.