From his comment on the previous post, Master Jeff Wade makes a generous offer to those who don’t believe his claims:
Hello Gentlemen, this is Master Jeff.
I’m not sure why only one of you thought to contact me directly (and thank you for contacting me so I could defend myself). I am not hiding behind anonymity. My website is on the video. My address is on the website, as are my hours of operation (see “schedule” link). I invite any and/or all of you to visit. Bring an Air Soft pistol you don’t mind being destroyed. I actually HAVE done all the moves on the videos using Air Soft pistols. I’m betting none of you has. Anyway, they’re only good for one or two disarms, so you might want to bring several. I have a camera here and it will be running, but you may also bring your own. Regardless of what happens, I think we’ll all have some interesting footage to study and publish on our websites. If you can debunk any of the claims I make, I’ll reimburse you for your air travel. If not, then you pay your own. Either way, we’ll all learn something. Also, in the spirit of honest, objective combat training, I’ll also agree to serve dinner to everyone who participates. I’ll also put you up in my own house, where concealed carry is definitely allowed. We can debate combat tactics while we grill out or something.
Just be sure you understand:
* I said “Pack the slide?”… crap. You already got me on that one. I just misspoke. I had one shot at making each video, no editing, no review. Serves me right for agreeing to those conditions.
* You’ll have an inherent advantage because you’ll know I’m going to try something. A gang banger would not expect that, or at least he wouldn’t think it was likely in most cases. I’m fine with your having that advantage. The deal still stands.
* I never claimed to be able to disarm someone standing 10 feet away, so don’t waste your time on that point. We already agree. That’s the reason my assistant stands so close, Josh and FiftyCal – it would be foolish to demonstrate the impossible, so I don’t. Gun disarms are only useful at certain ranges, just like pistols are only useful at certain ranges – and assault rifles and tanks and long range missles. Combat can start or end up anywhere, so I think it’s good to be prepared for as many scenarios as you can.
* If you shoot me in the crotch or face as I’m going for my wallet or meeting your demands, you lose. That’s because you will have debunked your own advice to “comply” and will have supported my advice that the best bet is to run for it. If the bad guy’s going to shoot anyway, I think we can all agree that he’s more likely to miss a moving target. If he’s NOT going to shoot anyway, then why not run? I will concede that I should have said “give them what they want (unless it’s rape) and THEN run for it.” I did say, however (paraphrased), “do this only if you have no other choice.”
* I won’t play unless we’re all wearing safety goggles. That’s because if I take your weapon, I will be shooting back at you without hesitation – even if your gun is “booby trapped”. I’ll take my chances. Your best bet will be to increase distance or try to get your weapon back from me. Regardless, you’ll support my advice to run for it – or try for a disarm if you have no other choice. You will debunk your own “comply” advice.
* Posted on this site is a picture of a staple gun made into a .22 Have any of you toured a police station and seen the zip guns and modified pieces of crap that gang-bangers sometimes use? If “booby trap” is not the best term, somebody suggest a better one and I’ll replace it next time.
* I demonstrated with the “bad guy” using a one-handed grip because, again, I wanted to demonstrate what is possible – or at least MOST possible. In the spirit of education and friendly competition, I’ll let you choose any grip you like – gang banger, two handed, whatever – as long as the pistol is within reach. Most bad guys are not going to be in a Weaver stance telling you to get on the ground with your hands behind your head. That would be a cop or one of you guys – or me. Still, I’ll give you whatever grip you like as long as it’s within the range I’m addressing in the videos.
* I carry, and I shoot about 1000 rounds per month. I do understand what a gun can do and how useful it is to have on you. My only point in making these videos was to offer some ideas on what you could do if you’re caught without your weapon – like if you’re hit in the back of the head and your gun taken from you. Or if you’re stepping out of the shower. Or if you’re on public school property where concealed carry is a felony. Or if the guy got the drop on you and you couldn’t get to your own gun fast enough. I’m curious: What WOULD you guys do if you knew you were about to be shot point blank?
* I know a boy who was shot in the crotch. Gang bangers do that, you know. The shooter was much taller than 3 feet, FiftyCal.
* Someone trying these disarms without extensive training is like buying a gun for protection having never fired it. Inevitably, people will do that sort of thing. I never recommended that on the videos. Although my heart goes out to them, when they end up dead it will at least strengthen the gene pool.
What I’m proposing, gentlemen, is action – put up or shut up for everyone including me – instead of more anonymous pie-hole flapping. With the most sincere intentions of good combat education for all of us, please consider yourselves “Called Out.”
Master Jeff Wade
The video in discussion from the previous post:
Anyone going to take him up on his offer to shoot him in the crotch?
There are a few other pistol disarm “related” videos you can click on as well (top right corner of the video).