Hi-Point Pistols – The Ultimate Torture Test

Brave or stupid? You be the judge:

A fairly thorough torture test though. I’m kind of surprised the guns still worked after all that.

ariggsd October 16, 2010 at 06:23 pm

This actually makes me think I want to go out and get one….. just to see what kind of crap I can put it through!

mn_smokeater October 16, 2010 at 08:50 pm

i owned one as my First handgun and i put over 800 rounds through it of mixed PMC, WWB, Blazer brass ect. and i only had three issues: two Fail to feed and one double feed but after i tweaked the Feed lips on the Magazine it ran great and very accurate right out of the box, now its not my Sig but it did what i expected it too without fail after some break in.

mine was the JHP .45ACP model.

Admin (Mike) October 23, 2010 at 03:05 pm

Cool. Are the mags a combination of polymer and metal?

Ed October 17, 2010 at 02:10 am

I have heard the Hi Points called the best pistol you can get for $120 and realistically I believe it.
At that price I think they are a good deal for someone who cannot afford something better. If they can help a poor person defend themself or their property, then they are good in my book.

Admin (Mike) October 23, 2010 at 03:01 pm

Yea for the price it’s pretty amazing they are that durable and reliable.

Perturbo October 17, 2010 at 01:46 pm

Leeroy Jenkins!!!!!

adam October 17, 2010 at 04:07 pm

its pretty hard to blow up a blow back action with an over powdered round, a lock up action is another story. why did they have to cut the trigger guard off to get the trigger lock off? i have picked trigger locks with a paper clip.

Admin (Mike) October 23, 2010 at 03:04 pm

haha yea talk about a brute force method – “Get the saw! we gotta get the trigger locks off!”

I’m sure even drilling out the locks would have worked.. might have taken a bit longer though.

032125 October 18, 2010 at 02:40 am

This wouldn’t be as entertaining if the guys in the video weren’t such lovable hicks.

My buddy was using a HiPoint .45 this weekend for a course of fire and it malfunctioned 3 times. The first two were failures to feed; apparently the magazine let go of the top round during extraction and it lodged in the mag well at a 45 degree angle. The last one was a double feed. After the last malfunction he couldn’t get the mag back in the pistol, and on closer inspection the plastic follower had apparently snagged on the magazine side catch cutout hole and was wedged there.

They are absolute trash, but for $200 he got a Mosin and a Hi-Point. How else can a man arm himself so cheaply?

Admin (Mike) October 23, 2010 at 03:03 pm

I’ve heard so many good things and bad things about them. Maybe they have some quality control issues which let the crappy ones sneak by? I agree that the failures your buddy experienced are unacceptable

unscarred October 24, 2010 at 03:42 pm

Have him send it back for Lifetime, NO Questions Asked Warranty. Turnaround time is about a week and he’ll get a free magazine for his trouble. He can’t beat that!

Admin (Mike) October 27, 2010 at 10:46 pm

True.. that warranty is amazing for such a low priced gun.

Jared October 22, 2010 at 05:04 pm

Good work guys!

John October 26, 2010 at 01:14 am

I have three. A 45, 380, and a 9. Ive sent the 9 back twice because I beat the dog crap out of it constantly. Almost to see the extent of thier guarantee. Almost forgot, im the 4th owner of the weapon. The 45 and the 380 ive never had an,issue with. My buddy shot his nine with my 45 and they replaced it. Just amazing really. I cant think of a manufacturer that stands by,their product so strongly. They get,my,vite no matter how ugly,they are

Admin (Mike) October 27, 2010 at 10:45 pm

yea that guarantee sounds pretty awesome.

G.A. Gray March 20, 2016 at 08:05 am

45 ACP Squirrell hunting acurracy right out of the box. Ugly as hell so nobody will want it bad enough to steal it. Reloads with any bullet weight imagineable (as long as it will chamber) makes versitile gun. Tweaking magazines is my only bitch but I can live with it.3

James January 21, 2011 at 09:44 am

eh.. i bought the .45ACP in 1991, it wasn’t branded HiPoint, it was some other branded name, but it was the exact same pistol.. i gave 120 total for it new, but it came with two mags and a snazzy cheap plastic case.. i had no problems with it, as long as i didn’t use Blazer aluminum in it.. if i did, it was a carnival of FTF/FTE problems..

would i buy another HiPoint??