Fiocchi Cyalume Chemical Tracer Shotgun Ammunition

About the product:

Live demo:

Pronounced fee-oak-e?  Damn… who would have thought. I feel like an idiot saying “Fee-Otch-e” for all these years.

That is a seriously awesome product.  It would sting more every time I missed a clay, because not only would I see the miss, but I’d also be out the premium $$ paid for this special load.

032125 March 9, 2011 at 01:33 am

As a general rule, “CC” is pronunced as a “K” before “a”, “o”, “u”, “hi”, “he” and as the English “CH” before “i” and “e”.

Examples:
“secca” – dry (female adj.) as “K”
“secco” – dry (male adj.) as “K”
“specchi” – mirrors as “K”
“secche” – dry (female plural adj) as “K”
“frecce” – arrows as “CH”
“fantocci” – puppets as “CH”

I’ll still say Fio-chi. F@ck ’em.

Cameron March 9, 2011 at 08:16 pm

tl;dr CH in Italian is pronounced as a K.

Perturbo March 9, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Dude, the only time I would be interested in the proper pronunciation, is if I am spending some time with a molto bella young lady.

M@ March 9, 2011 at 01:38 am

I wonder if you used it for defensive purposes, if it would explode on impact… that would freak the perp out!

Hmmm…

Matt March 9, 2011 at 03:13 am

I can attest to the fact that they DO explode when they hit something. We got to shoot some of them during a product demo at work. They hit the backstop down range and exploded in pretty dramatic fashion.

M@ March 9, 2011 at 03:18 am

Hell yeah! I can’t wait to see the first news reports of somebody glowing from one of these rounds!

“Police say the subject was last seen wearing a dark colored hoodie and jeans, and glowing bright orange.”

mmasse March 9, 2011 at 05:14 pm

Even better picking the perp from a lineup. “It’s number 3, the guy with the glowing ass. He’s the one who tried to rob my house.”

Admin (Mike) March 9, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Sweeeeeet

bbmg March 9, 2011 at 02:57 pm

It’s not even “fee-oak-e”, the “io” is a “yo” sound (like saying “your” without the “r”) so it’s more like “fyokk-e”

Pardon the song, but you can here an actual Italian pronounce it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcina2jTjIM#t=1m36s

Admin (Mike) March 9, 2011 at 11:32 pm

hahah awesome song

Jason March 9, 2011 at 03:47 pm

I’d love to try some of these.

And bbmg is right. Just like gnocchi, the pasta.

ariggsd March 9, 2011 at 08:23 pm

Has anyone checked out their full line of “canned heat” ammo? It looks like a pretty good idea, at least from a marketing aspect. I can see it now, Fiocchi “canned heat” ammo displays in every Walmart checkout line! hahahahahaha

Admin (Mike) March 9, 2011 at 11:30 pm

Meh.. Putting ammo in a tennis ball can seems to me like more of an inconvenience than an advantage.

Matt March 10, 2011 at 12:34 am

I have no connection to Fiocchi, but I was told at SHOT that there are also apparently plans to have the “Canned Heat” line include buckets of 12 gauge shells with padded lids for use by waterfowl hunters. In that application, I could see the concept being pretty popular.

yellowfeather July 7, 2011 at 09:32 am

I work for a another ammo company and I’ll say this. These Fiocchi shells are awesome, what a great idea, fun, safe and very useful. I think we’ll start seeing more of the younger crowd at the range, it keeps them entertained..

Are they patented?

Matthew Panuska October 17, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Have any of you guys actually USED these shells to see if they actually work?!? Do they travel with the shot-string? What is the muzzle velocity of these shells?