Killzone 3

So many gun related games coming out lately.

I haven’t played this one, but it looks pretty dumb. I lost interest in the video once I saw the cheap ass EOtech copy with the weak barely visible reticle, on a bullpup AR-15 type primary weapon.

By the look of it, your money is best spent elsewhere. If you insist on getting it, it’s $49 – HERE

Rex March 15, 2011 at 06:34 am

Oh, I dunno, it doesn’t look too bad. That was beta code, some playthrough/multiplayer videos are up on the youtubes, there was definitely some final polish to be done.

I don’t own a PS3, so I’ve got no real opinion, but I think it looks great.

Shark March 15, 2011 at 09:40 am

I love how the front sight disappears Whenever You Aim the the “Eotech” window.

Shark March 15, 2011 at 09:41 am

through the window.

cc19 March 15, 2011 at 10:47 am

What a great followup to posting The Duty Calls video. This game spews, “Boring! Boring!”

BusterBob March 15, 2011 at 02:18 pm

Die. Killzone 3 is kick ass awesome. I happen to love all the Killzone games. I mean come on its a video game. Out of all the sci-fi first person shooters this one puts way more effort into making the guns realistic. Yes the front sight mysteriously disappears when you look through the holo sight. I noticed that in Killzone 2. But its way better than any of the Halo games. And in my opinion its even better than most non-science fiction shooters. Atleast the holo sight looks like a real EoTech and the enemies sight looks very similar to Larue tactical’s mini dot set up. All those crappy Call of Duties base their stuff off airsoft and paintball.

Eightbyte March 15, 2011 at 03:19 pm

I think this is one of those that you have to play before you can judge it. Killzone 2 was beast, and this one looks pretty good too. Also as for the EOTech, I think it’s just the video or something because the reticle was pretty visible in 2.

Ed March 15, 2011 at 03:52 pm

I actually have a lot of respect for the Killzone franchise. It does a lot more than any other console shooter would ever attempt.

Red Orchestra 2 though will pretty much be the end of all other shooters for a few generations. Tacticool shooters are dead to me. The first Red Orchestra still has far more features and is a much more “modern” take on the genre than any of the “shoot terrorists with red dot sights” games that have been coming out the past few years. Just because Modern Warfare was a great success doesn’t mean the world needs more of them. The industry does like to make a buck and I can’t fault them for that. How many iterations of Guitar Hero did it need to go through before they finally stopped that crap too? I want innovation, not just rehashes of the same gameplay with a new coat of paint over it.

Justin March 15, 2011 at 04:12 pm

Killzone was pretty dope.

GenericName March 17, 2011 at 02:33 pm

Unfortunately, Killzone 3 does not look as fun as the first of the series. The first was pretty cool (aside from suppressors that made ‘kitten farting into a pillow’ noises), and was pretty neat in that you could turn off the automatic reloading, so you’d actually have to think ‘Oh, I’m out of ammo. Crap.’

This one just looks like a graphically improved but less fun version of the same game.

Then again, I don’t own a PS3, so feel free to dismiss my sour grape rantings.

Bobby March 19, 2011 at 08:55 am

I bought this game. The gunplay is actually farly realist (well, as games get) much better in that aspect then the other shooters. I found it very fun.

GenericName March 19, 2011 at 12:23 pm

My issue with this video (in watching more of it) is that it definitely seems to fall into the “POW POW I AM ENEMY BOOOORING BOOOORING ARGH I AM BIG ENEMY MAN” theme of the ‘Duty Calls’ video because they’ve got this guy demoing it who appears to be on ‘your enemies cower beneath the might of your pinky finger’ mode (possibly to compensate for the fact that he can’t aim worth shit). I remember playing Killzone (the first one, and a few years after it came out because I’m a generation behind, and poor) on difficult settings, and it was definitely more of a challenge than this ‘let me stand here, big mighty ISA man, here you can stab me in the eye if you’d like, sir’ crap.

Chief RunningWall April 1, 2011 at 11:58 pm

Damn console gamers, these amatures have to reload every damn kill. Every single time I see a goddamn gameplay video, it’s on a console. Tards like G4 & GameSpot need to get their shit together.