Dog Leash Gun

Interesting idea… but I don’t like the idea of pointing a gun (real or fake) at a pet dog for an extended period of time, especially considering the trigger controls the feed of the leash. Might develop some unwanted muscle memory, and next time you pick up your real gun, all of the sudden your calling sparky for his walk and BLAM… try explaining that one.  Not to mention the fact that some dumbass would probably call the cops on you thinking you somehow modified a real gun to act as a leash.  Then the usual scenario plays out; the cops show up shoot your dog and then almost shoot you. :P *I kid I kid… sort of..*

Call me when they release the XM25 or the .50 BMG version.

The design is from Art Lebedev Studio – HERE

They have done some pretty neat stuff.  If you’re a super-nerd you probably own their Maximus keyboard.

Armorer April 6, 2011 at 12:29 am

And the hipsters rejoiced.

Admin (Mike) April 6, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Art Lebedev is probably too mainstream for hipsters. This would only be of interest to them if it was produced by a Portland Oregon grandmother that made them by hand out of recycled tire treads, discarded ribbons, and melted down soup cans.

Czechnology April 6, 2011 at 04:07 am

Now this is just plain stupid.
Don’t walk your pitbull by the local bank, it might not be that obvious it’s a dog least from a few meters away…

CJ April 6, 2011 at 11:40 am

Now I’m not keen on the idea for the reasons already mentioned…

But at least they could have put a rail on it to mount a flashlight, maybe some pepper spray, or a place to hold some of those baggies to clean up after Fiddo…
~Just my 2cents

cc19 April 6, 2011 at 11:50 am

Words fail me.

Mike April 6, 2011 at 02:08 pm

The one non-negative aspect, that I see, is that ‘clip’ could be correctly usable when talking about this.

Admin (Mike) April 6, 2011 at 09:59 pm

haha true.

Justin April 6, 2011 at 02:45 pm

I hate to say it but I went walking down the street one night (this was after work) with my bug out bag chock full of heavy gear as a means of exercising and testing the reliability of my gear . I got stopped TWICE by police. On the second time, detained, taken down to the station, searched, left to sit for 3 hours, and then released with a bogus “entering a park after 10:30pm” misdemeanor and a couple of friendly words of advice from the police. Long story short.. I wasn’t doing a damn thing illegal, and I sure as shit wasn’t walking my dog with what looked like a gun.

Artlebedev has some awesome shit, but this is the dumbest thing I have veer seen. Maybe funny for non gun owners who dont know any better.

Supersoaker April 6, 2011 at 08:17 pm
Admin (Mike) April 6, 2011 at 09:58 pm

hahahahha awesome!

Henry Bowman April 7, 2011 at 02:18 am

As an inveterate dog lover, and a guy who had to put down a horse two weeks ago, this image makes me sick to my stomach. What is this manufacturer thinking? Has he no sense of bad taste?

Jay w/ Arms Post April 8, 2011 at 12:28 am

This would not go over well with my dog. Every time I go into the safe to get guns out she thinks I am getting out the laser for her to chase. No I do not keep the laser mounted during play time. I suspect she would get mixed messages if guns meant play time and leash time. She hates leashes.