Stab While You Shoot While You Shoot

Oh if this only had a picatinny rail clamp on it:

Yes it’s real.  It’s called the Gerber Steady, and will be available for $65 in the spring of 2012. *facepalm*

Obligatory Xzibit meme:

Cameron July 27, 2011 at 07:34 am

I don’t get what’s so facepalm about it. There’s plenty of times where I’ve wanted to get a decent long distance shot or long exposure shot and didn’t have a tripod handy. Having a multi-tool on me, which I already carry all the time, that can turn into a tripod, even a small one to rest it on a ledge or something, would be useful.

Russ July 27, 2011 at 07:53 am

I’m with Cameron. It looks pretty handy to me. If I happen to have a spare $65 when it comes out I might go for it.

Jason July 27, 2011 at 08:52 am

Ditto. I carry a multi-tool, and a gorilla-pod already. When I need to travel light, it looks like this could easily replace both. Awesome idea…I’d buy one.

lone survivor July 27, 2011 at 02:54 pm

i already have a multi-tool I carry on my belt.
How big of a pouch would come with this?
Where are the binoculars and laser sights?

What-do-I-know-anyway? July 27, 2011 at 03:07 pm

Mike,
I’m thinking you aren’t much for photography. if I were looking for another tool, having a fold out tripod built in would be a selling point for me as well. I’ll say that they could have used some sort of spike instead of those wimpy plastics, but maybe they’ll improve it in the future…

Doug July 27, 2011 at 05:21 pm

I’m with everyone else, I think it’s a great idea. I don’t think it’s worth $65, but the idea is sweet

Overload in CO July 27, 2011 at 07:08 pm

I think it’s a bullshot from Gerber. Do a search for the Gerber Kick Axe, a folding camp axe. When they announced it they got mainstream coverage in magazines and web sites, but it’s never come out.

ENDO-Mike July 27, 2011 at 08:58 pm

KickAxe looked awesome! I actually called them about it a couple of times (months apart) and they said they never plan on producing it.

CuriousG July 27, 2011 at 07:19 pm

Um…good idea. I agree. Why the hate?

ENDO-Mike July 27, 2011 at 09:01 pm

My attempt at humor in this post backfired I see. LOL

I still think it’s a hilarious addition to a multi tool. But judging by your replies, it must be filling a niche I was not aware of. I can’t say i’m part of the population that carries around a multitool day to day though to begin with, nor do I require a mini tripod on a regular basis.