Contraband – Trailer

This looks awesome:

Besides the fact Mark Wahlberg is apparently anti-gun, he acts in some killer movies.  Good choice picking Kate Beckensale for the leading lady too.

I hope they have an outtakes real on this movie where Andy Samberg steps in and does his bit and says the classic “Say hi to your mother for me” impression.

Disclaimer: Unless Steven Segal is in it, if the movie involves money, drugs, and guns I’m pretty much sold on it as long as the story line is somewhat coherent.

Frank October 2, 2011 at 12:50 am

He did not seem anti-gun at all, when he’s talked about or interviewed on the making of the Shooter. I had no idea… Shame.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQXMBbW4qLs

Poppy October 2, 2011 at 01:24 am

“I think that, ultimately, guns cause more problems than they solve. It’s I just that I don’t believe it’s safe for the populace to own privately own firearms. At least to own semi-automatics.”

“Uh huh, so what’s your new movie Contraband about?”

“Oh, a bunch of drug dealers try to kill my family. So I shoot them all in the face.”

FAIL

Poppy October 2, 2011 at 01:34 am

Wow, I suck at writing.

Alex S October 2, 2011 at 03:51 am

$100,000,000.00 fits neatly on one regular pallet. $15,000,000.00 could be hidden in a couple big brown grocery bags. Not as big as a mini cooper… Of course that is if it’s in hundreds.

Josh October 2, 2011 at 09:07 am

The scene where they’re inspecting the money and everybody starts drawing on each other clearly shows that they’re looking at 20 dollar bills. At a weight of about a gram per bill, you’re looking at nearly 1,700 pounds of money. And a quick Google search yielded that the dimensions of a current U.S. currency note are 6.14″ x 2.61″ x .0043″. So, 750,000 $20 bills would take up about 30 cubic feet – not nearly what they’re depicting in the film, but still pretty large and definitely heavy enough to be pretty awkward to move around.

flowmaster October 2, 2011 at 09:15 am

Excuse me miss, can I get change for three quarters of a million dollars? I’d like it in hundreds.

Aaron October 2, 2011 at 06:13 am

The scene in which he and his pals make a improvised duct-tape masks makes me wonder if they were trying to get written up in a Fark.com news story…

Cameron October 2, 2011 at 08:58 am

A grand majority of Hollywood actors and actresses are anti-gun, but use guns anyways. Like Daniel Craig, who, despite being anti-gun, plays one of the most gun-wielding Bonds.

flowmaster October 2, 2011 at 09:13 am

This video makes me want a Krinkov.

Chuck Kuecker October 2, 2011 at 10:40 am

What’s wrong with Seagal? He’s done a couple of pretty good movies.

I haven’t seen his political views posted, though. I won’t pay to see a movie starring a commie or Demonrat, but i will occasionally enjoy them on satellite later on. For that matter, I don’t think I’ve ever paid to see one of his movies.

I worked with his uncle – an electrical engineer – a few years back – he wasn’t impressed with his nephew’s career choice.

ENDO-Mike October 2, 2011 at 03:20 pm

Meh Segal is “OK” for entertainment value I guess. His acting is so rigid though, and the movies he’s been in have all been the exact same except for a few plot details and locations.

032125 October 2, 2011 at 05:56 pm

Ever heard of “On Deadly Ground”? It ends with an infamously painful environmental rant where Steve preaches to a bunch of Native Americans.

Always bear in mind that Hollywood actors consider themselves the elite; exempt from the laws that they would foist on “people” who the Hollywierd elite sees as too dimwitted for self sovereignty.

Chuck Kuecker October 2, 2011 at 06:45 pm

Yeah, I saw part of that one – couldn’t finish it.

I’ve got a very low threshold of disgust for “environmental” stuff. It’s all commie propaganda.

45er October 2, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Bunch of big fat hypocrites. I’m going to make a big fat stack of cash making movies with tons of guns, but I’m all for private citizens not having them. Typical Hollywood hypocrisy.

Cameron October 2, 2011 at 05:08 pm

Being that most actors hate guns, would you rather have Hollywood hypocrisy and really good movies like Shooter, or no good action movies?

45er October 2, 2011 at 08:41 pm

I would rather they make their movie and shut their pie-hole or not make their movie. If your beliefs are important enough for you to go around espousing, then they’re important enough to live by. Apparently, it’s too hard to have convictions and stand by them in H Wood.

junyo October 2, 2011 at 02:16 pm

What’s truly hilarious is that since Mr Wahlberg is a convicted felon, he couldn’t legally own shit IRL.

And I’d bet that if the Vietnamese men he attacked (one of whom he blinded) probably have substantially different views than Markie Mark on the utility of privately owned firearms, or the lack thereof.

He makes some entertaining movies, but never confuse idiots that are ultimately pleasant to look at conduits for some writers words, with actual intelligent people.

hunter October 2, 2011 at 02:47 pm

it’s insane that no-one stops marky mark from handling guns. he’s got to have felony charges. its almost unavoidable with all the trouble he’s been in.

Aaron October 2, 2011 at 03:39 pm

@hunter:there are lookalike metal guns that either fire special blanks or a flash-generating gas charge. They’re meant to be handled by actors with legal issues that prohibit firearm handling. Some actors also don’t want to handle a “real firearm” so they’re also given a lookalike.

Henry Bowman October 2, 2011 at 03:42 pm

No one stops Marky Mark from handling guns because… well, they just can’t be bothered to ascertain whether they are or aren’t real guns, even in the face of a formal complaint:

Too many agents tied up running guns to Mexican drug cartels, I guess.

Frank October 2, 2011 at 05:40 pm

On the making of the Shooter, he CLEARLY was using real firearms. Otherwise it’s one of those Japanese toy rifles.

ENDO-Mike October 2, 2011 at 06:05 pm

LOL awesome find Henry. In summary I love how the letter basically says “Go away, we don’t give a shit”

hunter October 2, 2011 at 08:14 pm

i find that document hilarious. they’re all like (and imagine Jon Stewart saying this, he would do it really well) “We don’t know. It could all be fakes and special effects. And that would be totally OK. Just like this answer. It’s totally sufficient. We promise.”

Aaron October 7, 2011 at 05:46 am

I wish I could find the video, but some dipsticks from New Jersey went to an outdoor range in Pennsylvania, and filmed each other doing all sorts of crazy stuff – fired shots at each other’s feet, fired at targets while people were in front of the firing line, bump firing, and possessed firearms and magazines that you’re not allowed to have in New Jersey.
Also, in PA most public ranges have rules about how many rounds you can load up in your weapon.
I’m not sure if these people were ever prosecuted in any way, but I somehow came across an explanation that in the scenes in which they shot dangerously close to one another those were “flash effects, blanks and squibs.” Yeah, right…

kevin October 2, 2011 at 08:44 pm

Why is these actors who use guns in movies and make a great salary doing it too, and then complain and say they hate guns and don’t think anyone should be allowed to own them.
Then why do you make movies with guns in them? Go move to Russia, North Korea or Iran, you can’t own guns at all in these countries.
Isn’t there some site that lists anti-gun actors?

Cameron October 2, 2011 at 10:10 pm

You can own guns in Russia, where’d you get that information?

Poppy October 2, 2011 at 10:14 pm

Eh, it’s severely restricted. You can’t own a rifle until you’ve been in possession of a handgun for about 5-or-so-years. Basically, they have Cali laws over there.

Vhyrus October 2, 2011 at 11:09 pm

… Except short barreled shotguns are legal there. You can buy what is essentially the same gun the spetznas use (short barreled folding stock saiga 12).

Vhyrus October 2, 2011 at 11:10 pm
Cameron October 3, 2011 at 11:23 am

Actually it’s more you have to buy a shotgun there and show responsible ownership with it before being able to buy rifled shotguns and pistols and rifles.

However for CC only nonlethal pistols are allowed…but they make really cool ones in Russia, srsly.

ZeroTol4u October 3, 2011 at 05:31 pm

I find it interesting the person who screwed up for this big brother with the same story line (Gone in 60 Seconds) is now the bad guy for another little brother doing the same thing.

Critter October 3, 2011 at 07:13 pm

marky mark is a douche but this flick looks pretty good.