Jake Zweig Shooting Targets – Top Douchebag

Shoot at the douchebag who apparently quit Top Shot on this week’s episode:

Orrrrrrrr not.

Brought to you by Next Level Douchebags, oops I meant Next Level Training.    Is this seriously the kind of thing I need to come up with to get some free advertising?  wow…

I haven’t seen an episode of Top Shot this season, so I really don’t know anything about this guy.   This target though isn’t even something I’d consider clever.  I’m no lawyer, but making a shooting target up about someone (without their authorization) seems like a real bold move... If Jake is that much of a douchebag maybe he’s in on it and getting a kickback?

If you care at all about the show, there is a pretty intense debate going on it my previous post Top Shot Season 3 – Who Will Be Crowned Top Douchebag.   Since there are about 6 or so guys left i’ll be running that vote pretty soon.

Hat tip: Bravo52

Poppy October 14, 2011 at 12:12 am

“I’m no lawyer, but making a shooting target up about someone (without their authorization) seems like a real bold move…”

Nonsense, I’ve been shooting cutouts of Edward Cullen and George Lucas for years. The key part is NOT to let the image copyright holders or actual people find out, I mean, this is just silly.

Don’t make targets, just buy posters and DRAW targets on them.

DUH.

Fred October 14, 2011 at 12:15 am

He’s easily in the lead for your award this season from the handful of episodes I’ve seen.

Cougar October 14, 2011 at 08:43 am

If he doesn’t win by an enormous margin I would be shocked beyond words

Frank October 14, 2011 at 12:25 pm

+1 to you guys.

@ Endo-Mike, you REALLY should watch this season JUST to see Jake Zweig, as that guy is just a douchebag. I won’t spoil anything, but initially I figured him to be a serious hardcore competitor, especially when he’s “diving” into obstacles head first, literally! Unfortunately, maybe that diving also impaired his social skills…

Dillankid October 14, 2011 at 12:59 pm

He’s probably the real top shot on the show, but any skill he has is negated by the shock of his outright extreme douchebaggery.

Punish3r October 14, 2011 at 01:20 am

Jake is a douchebag F’um..

Andrew October 14, 2011 at 01:27 am

I think the douchebag mold broke when Jake was made.

Bob October 14, 2011 at 02:31 am

I have a hard time believing this crybaby and quitter was a SEAL.

Cougar October 14, 2011 at 08:42 am

He Gives the seals a bad name the same way Reinas and Spurlin gave the AF a bad name from Ssn2. And seriously, who tracks a stat like “8th black officer to graduate from SEAL training”? Everybody knows Jackie Robinson was the fist black guy to play baseball, but nobody cares about or can name who the 8th black baseball player was because that shit’s about as inconsequential as it comes. He’s had a chip on his shoulder since day 1, hasn’t been a sportsman, and has had a victim complex for as long as my research has been able to dig up. Here he is almost a decade ago playing the race card and getting bent out of shape:
Jake Zweig, a black former SEAL officer, says the real problem is the attitude of the whites. “It was like being the only black in a Harley Davidson gang, as out of place as you can be,”

you’d think that a guy that was vain enough to track a stat like “8th black officer to graduate from SEAL training” might be able to make the connection that since he’s only the 8th, there might be a dearth of other black officers, but apparently that Annapolis education didn’t imbue him with critical thinking skills like that.

Dave October 17, 2011 at 05:47 pm

I’d really like to submit a FOIA request to see if this guy was actually a SEAL.

Matt in AZ October 14, 2011 at 04:58 am

Just tacky and wrong, I would be offended if it wasn’t so damn funny. Gun should be a 1911 though.

ExurbanKevin October 14, 2011 at 08:49 am

Last episode, Jake admitted he enjoys shooting a Ruger P85.

For that reason alone, he’s Top D-Bag.

;)

Aaron October 14, 2011 at 05:23 am

Jake’s Twitter feed indicates that he’s already quite aware of it.

Brice October 14, 2011 at 06:46 am

Not a good guy. Reminds me of every other washed up has-been who coaches high school football. On the other hand, there are lots of reports this year (and from last years shooters) that Top Shot is a complete joke where your advancement is based more on how badly the staff has screwed up your gun rather than actual competition.

Cougar October 14, 2011 at 08:30 am

He’s already talking about putting them out of business over this

mlk18 October 14, 2011 at 08:37 am

That target is all wrong. Jake said his favorite handgun was the Ruger P85.

overkill556x45 October 14, 2011 at 09:21 am

I think these WERE made with his authorization. There’s another series of Jake targets with him wielding a bat instead.

On a related note, I’m so sick of training schools that I’ve decided I’m just going to read books by Jeff Cooper and Elmer Keith and do lots of snap cap practice.

Also, all of the SEALs I’ve ever met on the job were really nice guys. I can’t believe History Channel goes out and finds the biggest douches to put on TV. Top Shot should be on MTV or Bravo.

Aaron October 14, 2011 at 10:57 am

I wouldn’t call Gary Quesenbery and Dustin Ellerman D-bags… I think they’re both pretty decent guys.

Raph84 October 14, 2011 at 11:47 am

+1 either Jake posed for these for Nextlevel, or they bought promo photos from the history channel (who presumably would own the rights for release for any use they or any buyer deems fit)

Josh October 14, 2011 at 07:56 pm

…all of the SEALs I’ve ever met on the job were really nice guys. I can’t believe History Channel goes out and finds the biggest douches to put on TV.

I agree, but, of course, the real professionals are the type who would never subject themselves to the bullshit of being on some dumbass reality show like this. I think you’re right; this should be on MTV. I’m not thrilled with the direction that the History Channel has gone.

Thomas M. October 14, 2011 at 10:07 am

According to various posting around the error web, the company producing the targets includes Mike Hughes aka Big Mike from the Top Shot competition as part of the ownership or management (?). Also according to the various postings Jake participated in those targets being made and is compensated ($$$) for his part.

mbirch October 14, 2011 at 10:12 am

He doesn’t even capitalize SEAL properly on his own twitter description. “Motivational leader, expert in dealing with risk-taking behavior, and innovator, former Navy Seal Jake Zweig.”

Josh October 14, 2011 at 08:01 pm

He doesn’t even capitalize SEAL properly on his own twitter description.

Looking at that Twitter feed, I’d say he’s communicating at about a 6th grade level; not a very good representative of the U.S. Naval Academy!

Gregory Markle October 14, 2011 at 10:47 am

Any of the remaining Season 3 contestants would have to have a serious meltdown to top Jake for Top Douchebag and the only real competition he had was Mike Marelli who made some unfortunate comments and seemed to be unaware of his painfully obvious weak points (but didn’t seem like an overtly unlikeable guy.) The rest of the guys seem very down to earth and likeable.

Being a SEAL in Jake Zweig’s own words from 2002: “It was like being the only Black in a Harley-Davidson gang, as out of place as you can be. It was horrendous.” (http://www.aframnews.com/archives/2002-05-01/lead1.htm)

If his attitude in the SEALs was ANYTHING like the attitude he displayed on Top Shot, I’m very surprised he didn’t succumb to a “training accident” at some point.

Robert October 14, 2011 at 01:30 pm

What a coward – He quit just because he had to compete against someone. No wonder he wanted to get rid of the best before he had to do any real shooting. Easily the Top Douche bag this season, and I think in all three seasons.

cc19 October 14, 2011 at 01:36 pm

I recall me and my buds tried a range out, but they vetoed the custom target my pal brought of, “The Pepsi Girl.”

J October 14, 2011 at 03:11 pm

This is a perfect impression of Jake the doucher

Gregory Markle October 14, 2011 at 04:49 pm

That impression is frighteningly accurate!

Frank October 15, 2011 at 11:45 pm

WOW that’s amazingly like Jake.
Although sawing off the stock on the m-79 has been done before (Source: SOG: The Secret Wars of America’s Commandos in Vietnam, & SOG: A Photo History Of The Secret Wars)

Theblackknight October 14, 2011 at 08:13 pm

IM not a infowars retard, but I’m pretty sure Jake and Mike are in this togather, and the twitter thing is just fueling the fire. Mike isnt a dumb businessman.

junyo October 14, 2011 at 09:23 pm

I’m watching the show, and I think Jake is smarter than everyone. He’s playing a completely different game than the other people on the show. He’s a character now, a minor “celebrity”, whether he wins or not. It’s actually brilliant, in an evil sort of why.

Thomas M. October 15, 2011 at 01:54 am

Junyo, he may be a celebrity but it will not help him further his coaching career. For all time there will be video of him acting like a whiney child and quitting in a huff on the error net for all future employers to watch when they google his name as Step One of the background check.

Not even a $100K is worth that damage.

Pat October 17, 2011 at 08:37 pm

As an Army veteran, I am ashamed that an individual would behave in this manner. He is an insult to all of my brothers in arms. God Bless America!

Sean Casey October 20, 2011 at 06:34 am

A Naval Academy grad and supposed SEAL that acts in such a raw, ungentlemanly and unsportsmanlike way? He seems to be of limited intelligence, too. Not a good recruiting image for the USN! I’d vote for him hands down. A quitter and a bully.

cz-75fan December 13, 2011 at 05:20 am

In the episode where ‘the quitter’, (sorry, but he doesn’t even deserve that I refer to him by his actual name) obviously tries to get Mike Hughes disqualified by trying to verbally push him the point of him maybe taking a swing, Dustin says ‘the quitter’ is a coward if I remember correctly. Sure turned out to be the truth. Dustin later also say’s “he’s (the quitter), afraid of losing and would rather quit than stick it out…” (paraphrased).Man was I glad he was finally off that show ‘ cause he was puttin’ a hurt on my eyeballs with that butt-ugly face that only a mother could love’ and that whiney-ass voice was just grating on my ears. That whole combination got on my nerves so much I’d have to fast-forward past any parts where he’d be on camera talking. I only wish he would have been taken off the show by one of the finalists, but that quitter / loser deprived them of that by that cowardly move. Dustin proved to be a total class act as did all the 6 finalists when they brought Mike back.I agree with anyone who thinks that loser / quitter has absolutely no place coaching anything except for maybe ‘how to quit when the going gets tough’.

Jeremy Casados July 25, 2013 at 09:26 am

Wow I can not believe the comments that are posted on this blog. First the target of Jake was the idea of “Big Mike” and was agreed on by Jake. ****There was no talk of money**** By the time Jake walked of the show there was a large amount of hard feelings between the two of them but they did respect each other. After the taping of the show Jake even called in to “Big Mikes” Top Shot Party. Both him and Mike were able to joke back and forth with each other. I can say with 100% accuracy that most of this post are totally wrong. Mike is my neighbor and close friend.