Straw Bale Shooting Backstop In Front Of Interstate

ENDO presents, real men of genius…

*Real men of genius*

Today we salute you, Mr. Straw bale backstop shooter

*Mr. Straw bale backstop shooter*

With your Glock 31 chambered in .357 SIG you throw caution to the wind.   Conventional gun safety rules be damned, you know exactly where your rounds are ending up.

*Stopped by the fibers*

You think the police helicopters are out to catch a rogue speeder.  Little do you know, you’ve shot six people in the last 5 minutes.

*Negligent behavior near the interstate*

Your showmanship comes from studying Colby on Top Shot.  Your knowledge of ballistics, from watching Saturday morning cartoons and Sons of Guns.

*nevvaaaaa been done befo’*

So crack open an ice cold Budweiser Mr. Bale-o-truth, because in federal prison only tears and tap water will wet your whistle.

*Mr. Straw bale backstop shooter*

Hat tip: Ryo O. for the vid

Poppy October 18, 2011 at 12:52 am

Lol, awesome post. I remember those Budweiser commercials, twas solid awesomeness.

Didn’t realize what the big deal was at first. Then I watched it a second time and saw the cars in the background.

We seriously need to chlorinate the gene-pool.

Josh October 18, 2011 at 10:54 am

I guess straw bales weren’t available… I hear they’ll stop nearly anything.

Josh October 18, 2011 at 10:56 am

I gotta pay more attention, I meant to type “cotton bales.”

Poppy October 18, 2011 at 03:28 pm

Glad to see you’ve finally come to your senses and realized that cotton is, in fact, more bullet resistant than pretty much any other product on the market.

It really helps to know that I’m just that good at debating. Which is fortunate ’cause I’m pursuing a law degree.

Steve October 18, 2011 at 01:24 am

Well, at least he wasn’t doing cup and saucer.

Steve October 18, 2011 at 01:29 am

Mike, if you’re going to do these, you have to get a band to record the song.

ENDO-Mike October 18, 2011 at 12:38 pm

haha it crossed my mind, trust me!

Ski October 18, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Mike. This needs to become a regular thing.

cmblake6 October 18, 2011 at 05:36 am

Yeah, I caught those cars the first time around. The “Real Men of Genius” was a superb theme!

ExurbanKevin October 18, 2011 at 09:32 am

Still laughing. Well done!

Jake October 18, 2011 at 09:34 am

This made my day.

Maigo October 18, 2011 at 10:17 am

OH! WTF!

huey October 18, 2011 at 10:25 am

“New .357 Sig cartridge?…what, was this made in 1994?”

Phildo October 19, 2011 at 06:17 pm

Yep. Been hearing this a lot lately. Apparently almost 20 years old is “new”.

Bobby October 24, 2011 at 09:21 pm

As compaired to 9mm and .45? Hell yeah it is

maddmedic October 18, 2011 at 11:03 am

Oh dear lord!!
How do we survive as a species??
With people like this in the gene pool??

Vhyrus October 18, 2011 at 11:13 am

Your Haiku needs a little work. Lemme see if I can fix it.

For the love of Christ!
How did we survive so long?!
Guys like this don’t help!

Cameron October 18, 2011 at 12:23 pm

While in this case it probably isn’t that bad (unless bullets will ricochet off of dirt), I can understand the concern. If the target was higher, cars would definitely be in trouble. In this case, the gun is pointed down enough I think people would be safe.

Josh October 18, 2011 at 12:36 pm

Well, “probably” would be good enough for me if I were driving past and some dumbass with his first handgun were firing in the direction of the highway. It’s not “that bad” if you’re comparing it to blindfolding him, spinning him around, giving him the pistol and letting him plug away with no idea where he’s aiming. But if you compare it to something safe, like going to a range, or firing at a straw bale out in a rural area away from any cars, people, buildings, etc., then yeah, it is that bad.

We’ve seen some examples of negligent discharges on here, I can easily picture this numbnuts doing so and putting a round up at the highway level. You have to take a basic firearms safety course before getting a hunting license; I think there are plenty of videos on YouTube that make me think you should have to do the same before purchasing a gun.

Poppy October 18, 2011 at 03:57 pm

“It’s not “that bad” if you’re comparing it to blindfolding him, spinning him around, giving him the pistol and letting him plug away with no idea where he’s aiming.”

On an unrelated note, I have an AWESOME idea for a new variant of “Pin the Tail on the Donkey” for my 8-year-old cousin’s Birthday party.

Jason October 18, 2011 at 03:10 pm

We have rocks in our dirt. Some of them even sit on top of the dirt!

overkill556x45 October 18, 2011 at 03:44 pm

I was shooting my 357 mag and .45colt over the weekend on a similarly sloped range with a bluff about 300 yards back. I could hear ricochets from both guns smashing into the trees at the bottom of the bluff, and half of them were not even jacketed bullets. Hardcast lead apparently bounces a long way too. Shooting toward the ground won’t always save you. As dry as we’ve been this year, it’s probably worse.

Ryo Ohki October 18, 2011 at 07:00 pm

I’ve shot 9mm, 357,45acp,40cal .308 .223, 12gauge…… at targets on the ground and I can say that anything at an angle usually cuts a 15ft divot and then begins to rise up again.

David October 18, 2011 at 02:15 pm

you really should pay someone to make a song out of this

Theblackknight October 18, 2011 at 03:15 pm

This guy would pass as a perfectly good RO at some places.

Matt G. October 18, 2011 at 03:52 pm

Lol! “nevaaa been done befo'”

heyjamesguesswhat October 18, 2011 at 06:30 pm

My in-laws neighbors do stuff like this. Using a plywood backstop, they think it’s ok to shoot directly towards my in-laws property. The bullets have to pass through the plywood and then some woods though, so its safe, right? Jerks.

Ryo Ohki October 18, 2011 at 07:28 pm

This guys writeup on his own video is even more priceless. Yes, The problem is that he needs to speak up more. (That’s the problem)

“My first handgun! Nice kick to it, eh? Pretty loud little baby cannon. It sure chews through those phone books! Using a tmj 125 grain round.

And yes, I know I need to speak up.”

NateDogg October 19, 2011 at 10:09 am

I’m not gonna lie, I might have to go on some epic “Tolkeinish” quest to regain use of my rear end. Seriously, I might have permanently lost it in the hysterical laughing fit that ensued shortly after read this post……

Frank October 19, 2011 at 02:54 pm

Cokeman’s cousin has been found!

Ryo Ohki October 19, 2011 at 06:01 pm

LOL, I would paypal this guy $5 if he would say “All right you little F.g.ts,” on camera.

ozwald October 20, 2011 at 12:01 am

i like how he says “new .357 sig cartridge.” that round is what, sixteen, seventeen years old at this point? dude should stfu, and stop endangering strangers.

Legacy October 21, 2011 at 01:28 pm

The “Real Men Of Genius” bit was absolutely priceless. You should do them with every one of the “Training” videos that keep coming in :P