The Reason Hipsters Aren’t Known For Liking Guns

Their alcohol abuse potential:

(Source)

Nothing ironic about that picture.

Show it to a hipster, he/she will blow Clove cigarette smoke in your face, angrily put their macbook back in their messenger bag, slide on their Ray Ban wayfarers so you don’t see the tears, briskly walk back to their chained up fixed gear bicycle (fixie), button up their vest, and speed home to cook some vegan comfort food.

Jason October 20, 2011 at 06:59 am

I’m confused… is Pabst a hipster beer?

Cameron October 20, 2011 at 08:11 am

Apparently PBR tastes like piss and nobody drinks it, so hipsters drink it to be ironic.

Maigo October 20, 2011 at 08:59 am

Oh, thank you.

Jason October 21, 2011 at 07:33 am

Interesting. Personally, I enjoy the taste and enjoy drinking it. I liked that, for a period of time after Budweiser got purchased, Pabst was the largest American owned brewing company. Everyone has their preference I guess.

Cameron October 21, 2011 at 08:34 am

Eh, I’m no beer connoisseur. I drink whatever’s on hand, and haven’t had enough different kinds of beer to have a preference.
Personally, never had a PBR.

Andy from CT October 21, 2011 at 02:16 pm

Yup, I find it funny how people like to deride something without even trying it. I, myself only tried it for the first time this past year. And I was pleasantly surprised. And as I’ve mentioned, most who have tried it were equally surprised.

Not saying it’s the best beer on the face of God’s green earth. But it’s decent. And by far not the worst.

Ryo Ohki October 20, 2011 at 07:42 am

That’s about the best use of Pabst I’ve ever seen. I would only drink it on a dare, actually we would have to be pretty deep into a double doge dare you scenario.

overkill556x45 October 20, 2011 at 08:21 am

My hetero-lifepartner and I used to destroy 30-packs of PBR on weekends. We were also looking for a way to weaponize PBR bottle caps via 10ga shotgun.

Andy from CT October 20, 2011 at 10:49 am

Yeah, it’s so fun to trash PBR. Almost every person I let try it liked it better than Bud.

I’m not a hipster by any stretch but when I don’t feel like drinking craft beer (what I do 80% of the time), I enjoy it. And did anyone ever watch Blue Velvet?

Frank Booth (Dennis Hopper): What kind of beer do you like?
Jeffrey Beaumont (Kyle McLachlan): Heineken.
Frank Booth: [shouting] Heineken?!?! F*** that foreign s**t! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!

Nora Holloway October 20, 2011 at 03:01 pm

Haha! A lot of “up-and-coming” rock bands tend to drink PBR as well.

J October 20, 2011 at 04:27 pm

You hit the hipster nail on the head with your quote endo lol

Ryan H October 20, 2011 at 09:22 pm

“Pfft..Pabst seriously? Ya I use to drink that before it became “cool” y’know? Now I’m really into this micro-brew that you’ve probably never heard of” – loser in flannel from the beer store

Frank October 20, 2011 at 09:25 pm

ENDO-Mike, I can only wonder after your commentary that you either live in San Fran, another part of California, or you live in Portland, Oregon.

ENDO-Mike October 24, 2011 at 07:23 pm

I don’t live in Portland, but I go there lots from Hood River when I’m back there. As you mentioned, I hear San Francisco is another great place to observe hipsters in their natural habitat, but I haven’t been there yet.

Frank October 25, 2011 at 08:50 pm

Thank God for Oregon beer is some of the best out there, and cheap. Although a contender, Lagunitas, has an IPA that’s worthy of mention, but it’s from Chi-com owned state of California. Lot’sa great beer….

Portland, yeck for Hipsters. But don’t worry they don’t drink good beer anyhow!

"Dr."Dave October 21, 2011 at 06:13 am

I hate how hipsters have possessed my favorite beer. I’ve been drinking PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon) since I was 15. I drink it because its cheap as hell and tastes o.k.

I also smoke clove cigarettes, but its because they taste good and smell terribly offensive and tend to upset people. Which is hilarious.

Online Gun Shop October 21, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Ok beer but picture is worth the loss :)

David October 23, 2011 at 07:23 pm

I used to drink PBR when I was in because it’s hard to beat $5 a twelve pack. No taxes meant $20 at the 7 day store got you a serious amount of beer.

Dan November 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm

I grew to hate it in college and then started drinking it again in the hipster bastion of Los Feliz LA and thanks to the price, i like it again. Dollar PBR during Dodger home games is easy on the wallet. Hipsters though are hard on the eyes.