The shotgun to the ballistic gel head got my attention. Might prove to be interesting if you’re into this sort of thing.
Kyle Defoor and J.L. Bourne contributed in some way to the making of this show, which is how I first heard about it. Pretty sure that was Kyle Defoor’s voice in the trailer, describing the damage to the ballistic gelatin zombie head. Might be him shooting the shotgun, too. Looks like fun!
You know what ballistics gel test I want to see for a Zombie: .22 LR. That, IMHO, would be the ideal anti-zombie round, with the 10-22 being the ideal anti-zombie rifle. I have my reasons:
1) If only head shots count, you want the most accurate follow up shots you can get. A .22 semi auto has almost no recoil and accurate follow up shots are easy.
2) .22 LR is EVERYWHERE. I know hardware stores that carry it.
3) Its a small cartridge. It would be easy to carry a lot of it. You could dump 1000 rounds into the pockets on a pair of pants. Try they with 12 gauge.
3) You are going to spend most of your time running away, most of your shooting will be within 75-100 yds, so a .22 should provide enough (re)killing power at that distance.
4) Its quite on its own with subsonics or target loads, and easy to build a supressor for if you want to take out a walker without attracting more.
5) Few moving parts + a gun that is overbuilt = great reliability. Not to mention even Wal-Mart sells replacement parts.
I think the best zombie gun combo would be a 10-22 with a low power scope (red dot, 1-4, 2-7) and iron sights (just in case) and a centerfire pistol, 9mm or .357/.38 (so you can use both) for the occational psycho that survivors usually run into in the movies.
I know what a 12 gauge will do to a zombie. Show me what a 10-22 loaded with Remington Thunderbolts will do to a zombie. Give me something useful to work with.
You have invested far too much thought into this, but you are correct.
I would include my Ciener .22 conversion for my Springfield GI 1911, which is so good that it is now only used as a .22 and I got a Para to shoot .45 through. Ruger Mk. II or III and Browning Buckmark would also make good choices for the survivor on the run.
As a long time fan of zombies, I am sad to say that I am growing tired of all the zombie stuff. With the recent release of zombie-specific ammo and another season of a zombie tv series (which is quite well done) I feel like a lot of people are jumping onto the tail end of Zombie-mania. I predict that in the next year or so pop-culture will move onto something else.
The show looks semi interesting, but I’m not setting the DVR.
I am so sick of all the zombie dumb ass shit, it’s worse than every tactical operator bull shit thing out there. It’s airsoft\xbox\mall commando wet dream crap. Now it’s become lamestream it’s even less cool if that’s possible.
Look I’m johnny from Holland and I do a specific short research.
Look a strong guy standing at 10 feet away front of me!
He has a loaded .50Action express Gold titanium Desert eagle he jused 350 grain Hollow point and he would give me a central head hit
can i confident that i would die on the spot?
I hope you would comment I’m curious.
Big greets johnny
LEAVE A COMMENT:
Previous post: Knockers For The Troops
Next post: Letting Britney Spears Still Make Music Is What’s Criminal