Co-Witness Scope With Front Sight – TactiFAIL

Thank me in the comments for letting you in on this deal:

For only $20 you can have your very own Voodoo Tactical single point sling from Sportsman’s Guide.

As you can see, when you attach it incorrectly to the rear standard sling strap loop on your weapon all hell will break loose.  You’ll get an automatic co-witness of your high-powered optic with your front sight, your flash hider will fall off, and your magazine will run away.

Seth October 31, 2011 at 12:07 am

That is not a bad sling, I have one I picked up for $12 and I like it better then the shitty sling my unit issues.

Vhyrus October 31, 2011 at 12:17 am

Was the gun expert out sick on photo day, or is someone playing a very esoteric joke on sportsman’s guide? The world may never know……

FlashHawk October 31, 2011 at 02:28 am

I could tell something was off by the time the comments had loaded…surely any random person could tell that “they done broked it.”

Theblackknight October 31, 2011 at 12:27 am

Jesus that appears to be a 3000y zero

AMB October 31, 2011 at 10:32 am

Sounds about right. According to my back of the napkin calculations, a 55 grain boat tail that leaves the muzzle at 3000 feet per second will be drop approximately 6800 inches (~566 feet) at 3000 yards. At that point it will also have about 32 ft*lbs of energy remaining, or roughly the same oomph as a midrange air rifle.

(Numbers created with raw figurin’ and this tool: http://www.handloads.com/calc/ )

Maigo October 31, 2011 at 04:28 am

Love the revolver style grip

AMB October 31, 2011 at 10:26 am

Those soft rubber Hogue grips REALLY take edge off that beastly 5.56 recoil.

mlk18 October 31, 2011 at 08:49 am

If someone would stencil “tactical” on that bad boy then Century Arms could sell 1000’s of them.

Josh October 31, 2011 at 10:42 am

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I put this picture into AutoCAD and drew lines through the center of the scope and the barrel. If that barrel’s 16 inches, they converge about 30 inches from the end of the barrel; I’m not seeing how that’s going to work very well.

AlphaTango October 31, 2011 at 04:22 pm

I’m not sure what you guys are confused about. Everyone knows that the 30″ zero is what all the tier 1 operators are using…

El Duderino October 31, 2011 at 05:49 pm

That is the cheapest looking AR ever. I understand it’s an AWB circa 2000 carbine, but c’mon put some effort into the ad.

Just placed a SG order too, for the 420rnds of M855 + ammo can for $160…

Crunkleross November 1, 2011 at 12:45 pm

A 600 moa scope base should allow for some extremely long range hits.