Dog Terrified Of Taxidermized Deer Head

Animals are hilarious:

The dog was like “NOPE! It’s not Chuck Testa.” (watch this commercial if you don’t get the reference)

Is your dog scared of anything funny?

Hat tip: Bryan

Poppy November 30, 2011 at 12:04 am

Does my penis count as something funny?

Vhyrus November 30, 2011 at 01:38 am

Nope….. Chuck Testa

Yes I fucking had to, okay?!

Poppy November 30, 2011 at 10:50 am

I don’t get it. Is it because my dick is taxidermy or…?

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 01:50 am

haha you had to make that the first comment… I hate to think why your dog is afraid of it.

Poppy March 17, 2013 at 10:47 pm

He’s also afraid of peanut butter.

Don’t look at me like that. That shit is legal up here in Washington.

Frank November 30, 2011 at 02:12 am

I think this is funny, but from the dog’s viewpoint, I’m sure inside he/it/she is freaking out. Seeing the body-less head of an animal floating around and moving, seemingly on its own volition, would scare the shit outta me too. Thankfully this is a gunblog, so I’m sure you’d understand if I didn’t just shit my pants as a response to a floating deer head…

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 01:50 am

True enough. Same reason babies and little kids are scared of that kind of thing too I supposed. Because they just don’t know wtf is going on.

Bobby November 30, 2011 at 03:22 am

My dog was scared like that of the garbage bin. She tried to get into it, and ended up going in headfirst, then her and the bin fell over. From then on she must have been sure that it was a sentient entity, set on eating her.

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 01:51 am

haha that would have went big on youtube if you had it recorded.

Paladin November 30, 2011 at 05:02 am

The door to our back yard from the kitchen has one of those glass windows with the louvered shutters built in. During the day the blinds are open to let light in, but at night the blinds are closed. This leads to our reflections being visible in the glass at night when we’re standing in the kitchen. Gunny, my 6 month old Bloodhound, is very cautious and suspicious of the “people in the window”. So much so that he will square up and bay at them.

He can see people… but they have no smell. Clearly they must be demonic visitors sent from hell to steal his squeaky toys.

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 01:59 am

Your dog is so awesome, I look forward to pics of him when I catch up on your blog posts. That and Girl Friday!

That’s really funny about the reflections, especially since you said it’s probably because he can’t smell them.

Debbie November 30, 2011 at 07:07 am

I think it might have been Chuck Testa…

Andrew November 30, 2011 at 07:49 am

My dog is afraid of guns. He’s never been shooting with me but just the sight of one of my guns makes him run away for some reason.

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 02:01 am

haha interesting. Hopefully he doesn’t go all “anti” on you and start peeing on things gun related!

TeamDub November 30, 2011 at 10:13 am

Sweepers.

Doesn’t matter if it’s the crappy sweeper in the house of the shop-vac, BOTH dogs are utterly terrified.

One is a 10 year-old pit/lab mix, the other is a 2 year-old pit.

Babies.

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 02:02 am

I’ve known a few people with dogs that were afraid of those too! I chalked it up to the fact it maybe hurt their ears. Who knows though…

1 With A Bullet November 30, 2011 at 10:16 am

I remember when my father brought home a stuffed coyote our dog reacted by growling and barking trying to protect us from the ‘interloper’.

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 02:03 am

Classic!

Ernest Young November 30, 2011 at 06:40 pm

My dog is scared shitless of lasers (as in laser pointers). Which is amusing because most dogs (including my other dog) LOVE lasers (just like cats). But Kitsune (she’s a long haired pom)will run and hide under the table or nearby furniture. (also, amusing because she’s not really a fraidy-dog, she barks at everything and always greets people at the door).

I suspect when she was young one of my cousins probably got her in the eye with a laser.

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 02:05 am

haha nice. Little kids + laser pointers + pets does sounds like a recipe for mass blindness. :P

Taylor November 30, 2011 at 10:28 pm

My black lab used to be afraid of fire hydrants. we would have to cross the street to get past one.

ENDO-Mike December 1, 2011 at 02:07 am

That’s doubly ironic considering labs are a popular firehouse dog, and dogs like to pee on fire hydrants!