Ignatius Pizza

I amuse myself by coming up with things like this:

For those that don’t get the joke, the guy (pictured) that owns the Front Sight training school is named Ignatius Piazza. Speaking of which, his advertising budget must be HUGE. If you’re into guns and haven’t been bombarded by his ads everywhere you go on the internet, then you’re not paying attention.

lucusloc January 17, 2012 at 12:36 am

or you have adblock. . . .

JScottNH January 17, 2012 at 04:57 am

Reminds me of the old SNL bit by Father Guido Sarducci (Don Novello), “Tha’ Finda Tha’ Pope Inna Pizza Contest”

Andy January 17, 2012 at 06:44 am

Or you use firefox with adblock plus. Ads, what ads?

032125 January 17, 2012 at 04:22 pm

I keep hearing about YouTube ads as well , but I’ve never seen one…. weird.

ENDO-Mike January 19, 2012 at 01:02 am

You’re lucky. Most ads I don’t find obtrusive; Youtube ones though my blood boil.

032125 February 6, 2014 at 03:36 pm

Not lucky; I have adblock on my browser (Firefox)

flowmaster January 17, 2012 at 08:14 am

I really thought that was John Stossel from 20/20 on your pizza. He did a piece on some news program linking more guns to less crime. I’m sure that ruffled some feathers in the journalism world.

Crunkleross January 17, 2012 at 08:34 am

Did you forget the Scientology filling?

ENDO-Mike January 19, 2012 at 01:01 am

haha that would have been funny.

ExurbanKevin January 17, 2012 at 08:42 am

I’m actually headed there after SHOT: I got one of the sub-$100 four day class deals, and call me curious.

They break almost every single rule of site design with their horrid, hard-to-navigate, autoplay embedded video-laden site, (not to mention their spam email policies), but I want to see for myself what they’re like.

(caveat: I’ve not done any major training before, but I’ve taken all the NRA classes and I’m an NRA Instructor and a C Class USPSA shooter).

As for their ads, they use cookie-sensitive banners. If you go to gun-oriented websites, you’ll see their ads. If not, you don’t.

Jwhite January 17, 2012 at 01:51 pm

yeah the site sucks big time. Looks like MS Front Page.

Tim Oliver January 17, 2012 at 04:28 pm

The site definitely sucks big time. The course, however, I thought was very well done. I enjoyed my self very much. Have fun when you go.

Bear January 17, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Please do tell how it goes!

Heath January 17, 2012 at 10:17 am

Were you a little bored?

ENDO-Mike January 19, 2012 at 01:03 am

Honestly, this idea wouldn’t have left my brain until I did it. Now I can sleep at night LOL

Church January 17, 2012 at 11:03 am

Nice! I know quite a few people that have life memberships to Front Sight.

tailypoe January 17, 2012 at 01:22 pm

Front sight is THE BEST, they’ll give you a free XD …
top, world-class facility. I used to hear him on alex jones’s show, he’s called the ” millionaire patriot “, he uses his money for good …

Jwhite January 17, 2012 at 01:50 pm

HAHAH!!! Every time I see his name I just… oh man.. Pizza… Pizza IS ALL that comes to mind. Funny Mike!

I just saw this email the other day (you probably got it) asking for signatures to get California Shall Issue on the November ballot(yeah ok…). Only thing is you needed to pledge signatures (reminds me of CCRTKAB junkmail I get, or the 2AF/CRPA garbage) and provide a mailing address. That said, I’ve heard mixed reviews on this place. The most recent being good, as it came from my cousin who is an instructor there. He teaches the sniper/precision shooting course, full auto courses, and something else I dont recall. Hes pretty into the whole way of the gun stuff. LEO/Mil/Etc. Other things I’ve heard have been about this property thing he tried to do out in the middle of nowhere. You spend $500,000 on a plot of land that someday will have a home built upon it in a the worlds largest firearms community. If you buy that one, I got a bridge you might be interested in. So many factors involved that waiting for a house to be built could take years if ever. Some couple tried to build a house and was shut down by lawyers or something. Its been a while, I’ll see if I can link it. Found it. Looks like I was a little off.. Here ya go.. http://www.gunweek.com/2005/piazza1110.html and http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5556 and http://www.frontsightscam.com/

ENDO-Mike January 19, 2012 at 01:05 am

Interesting links. I thought that last one was going to be a camera somewhere at front sight “Front Sights Cam” haha. I derped on that one.

Max January 17, 2012 at 02:14 pm

I scrolled up and saw a Front Sight ad. Oh no.

ENDO-Mike January 19, 2012 at 01:06 am

what are the chances! Oh wait, the chance of that happening is actually pretty high.

Mike Smith January 17, 2012 at 09:42 pm

X-Tra Cheese Please! Hold the MooseTache! Ya he’s close to me!

matt RRC January 18, 2012 at 11:20 am

I trained there a few times and it is a great place. If I had their advertising budget, well lets just say this blog would have several new ads……….

Austin January 18, 2012 at 03:08 pm

The guns should have all been XD’s. Since every time I get an email from Front Sight, it seems they are trying to give me a free Springfield.

Cartridgeholder January 18, 2012 at 04:47 pm

If the page im looking at has the phrases “AR”, “AK”, “gun”, “pistol”, “bullet”, “shooting”, or even “defense”, then I get bombarded with 50,000 front sight ads. They even had a front sight TV show that aired early saturday mornings on Spike TV.