1911 Maker Ed Brown Is Old And Doesn’t Care About The Internet

Youtuber WeaponsEducation is pissed because he got snubbed by Ed at SHOT:

Weapons Education is like a less annoying Nutnfancy.  He takes a while to get to the point, but anyway Ed wouldn’t give him an interview… now here’s my problem, and i’ll partially defend Ed because of it:

At 1:55 Tom from Weapons Education talks about how he gave Ed Brown the old come over here and talk to me cause I’m important fingers, no not a friendly wave, but an arrogant “come here”.  Now if I was Ed, that would have pissed me off from the get go too.  He’s an old man, not a dog or child.

Where Ed does trip up though is talking shit about the relevance of the Internet.  Yea I get it your old, and don’t understand how powerful it is as a business and marketing tool, this is evidenced by your website which coincidentally looks like it could have been made in 1911.  Seriously, though rather then telling people that  you don’t care about publicity and the internet because your firearms are sold out for the year maybe just politely say you’re not comfortable being on camera.  Nothing would be so bad about that.  But to tell the whole internet to go to hell?  Yea not a great idea.

fxhummel1 has an awesome song about it:

I basically chalk this all up to the fact Ed’s name is on the company he founded, he’s real old, and doesn’t want to give up control.  He’s set in his ways and it’s obviously working for him (so far).  Ed Brown has some younger blood in his family, so I’m thinking it might be a good move to hand relations (with new media anyway) over to one of them.

Busdriver January 25, 2012 at 12:21 am

Unless you are an attractive woman lying naked on a bed, you should not call a person over to talk to you with your fingers as though they are a child. If I were in Ed Brown’s position here I would have ignored the fuck out of this guy.

GPAT January 25, 2012 at 12:58 am

agreed, the double-finger gesture was like the condescending a high-school dean you used to have who had something to prove… Ed owed this man nothing

Vhyrus January 25, 2012 at 01:39 am

Sounds like clash of the douchebags to me. If there’s one thing I know it’s that old people HATE being ordered around (particularly successful old people) so I’m sure the come here gesture really started it off on a bad foot. The melodramatic clip is really obnoxious too (OH! my FEELINGS! I just wanted to TALK TO HIM! WHYYYY???!!!) On the other hand, Ed Brown upping the ante with his epic head-in-assness really didn’t help him. On top of that, to say ‘Fuck the internet’ was probably a poor idea, since the internet is made up of people who buy things, like, oh… YOUR guns.

This is, of course, all hearsay, since Tom didn’t get it on film so we can only take his word for it. He really should have had the camera running so we could have gotten the audio at least.

As a parting thought, wouldn’t it be the definition of awesome if the guy Ed was talking to in the booth with the giant beard was Jeff from Gunblast? I’m laughing just thinking about it.

JScottNH January 25, 2012 at 01:45 am

Less annoying than Nutzinhandsy? Hardly…. I wouldn’t talk to this a-hole…. If I was treated like that, I would have told him to get lost and offered to buy back my two pistols…. Just my 2¢

ENDO-Mike January 25, 2012 at 11:20 am

Both of them are incredibly annoying, but as a whole Nutnfancy takes the cake for me.

JScottNH January 25, 2012 at 10:54 pm

I watched 3 of this toolboxes videos and literally couldn’t watch any more… This guy has way more money than brains… You cannot tell me that you would rather watch his “Favorite Firearms” video rather than Nutzin’… He goes through his Excel spreadsheet to pick out his favorite firearms (he annoyingly calls them nothing else) in each caliber…. He goes through .22, .380 (Rainbow Sig? BWAHAHAHAA and he had a stainless one to pick instead), .40, 1911 (is that a caliber? And he gives his over $3k and under $3k choice) .45 and 10mm… Obviously he doesn’t own any 9mm because its not macho enough, or he couldn’t find one to match his 82 Vette with TTops… I would rather have him shoot me with all his favorite firearms than watch another video from him…. ((Shudder))

Justmeagain January 27, 2012 at 06:23 pm

Agreed. I could deal with Nutnfancy but this guy is annoying as hell.

Matthew D. Boucher January 25, 2012 at 02:28 am

Yeah, this guy is really coming across as a duche, I could watch his whine-story in it’s entirety. Journalist/Pitchman, learn a little professionalism.

ENDO-Mike January 25, 2012 at 10:59 am

Journalist/Pitchman <--- exactly! That's how all this guy's vids are.

Jwhite January 25, 2012 at 05:54 pm

I sort of agree. I’ve seen other videos, like the ones from TTAG, and most booths are more than happy to discuss their products. This guy however, reminds me of a NYC Bus Hustler. You came back 4 times? Let it go. Then you lectured him? At that point I would have been “I appreciate your help, but I’m not interested, thank you and good day. Left it at that. But Ed starts going on about how he doesnt give a hoot? Well, not the best thing to do these days, especially when someone tells you they’re from the internets.

NotWagner January 25, 2012 at 06:49 am

Call the waaaambulance. Ed is old school and it works for him. The Internet is not the end all, be all to every industry…firearms being a big one. I don’t know who this guy is either and starting off a cold interview attempt with condescending behavior will get you nothing…just because being a turd on the Web is socially acceptable, doesn’t mean it will fly in the real world. He is probably just sick of all the Innerwebz airsoft tactinoobs who’ve flocked to firearms as a result of a zombie obsession….

chris January 25, 2012 at 07:35 am

The guy makes awesome overpriced handguns and you are a tool who thinks because you spent your money on one that you own him or he has to do what you want because your an internet youtuber. Kudos to Mr Brown for being a real man and telling you what he thought and telling you not to bother him but you didn’t get the hint. Entitlement is probably the the worst thing in america now!

Crunkleross January 25, 2012 at 07:59 am

I know Ed Brown, he is a good guy but doesn’t suffer fools gladly. I think the web whatever weapons guy overvalues himself, he has a lot to learn. An interview would benefit him a lot more than it would Ed Brown.

Eldiablo January 25, 2012 at 09:07 am

Tom from Weapons Education is a calculated business man. He’s on Youtube to grow and promote his
business. A crappy Guns supply website and Adsense revenue from his channel. He comes across as a shady politician. Just look at his mannerisms and the way he speaks. Ed Brown saw this phoney act a mile away and told him to get lost. This is clearly a case of who has the bigger dick.
Tom is a guppy in the gun world ocean who thinks he is important. Meanwhile he has alternative motives. Weapons Education is a laughing stock in the gun community. Only newbies who don’t know better follow his channel. Real gun enthusiasts know he is nothing more than a guy who just buys a lot of guns and has zero idea what he is talking about. The dude is all full of himself.

Check this out, funny as hell

ENDO-Mike January 25, 2012 at 11:28 am

I lost it at “Does he know who I am? I own 2 of his guns” ROFL so awesome

JScottNH January 25, 2012 at 11:09 pm

That video made me blow beer through my nose…. That is the highest honor….

dave w March 12, 2012 at 10:06 pm

awww, the fuhrer tom video has gone :(

Ross January 25, 2012 at 10:16 am

Who is this entitled guy?

“You owe me an apology for not wanting to be on Youtube! How dare you not want to bend to the whim of every fuckstick with a camera!?”

If I ran a business that was 12 months+ overbooked with orders and growing and I was 70 years old I’d be no quicker to jump through hoops to help promote my company when it clearly doesn’t need it.

“I will never buy an Ed Brown again until he apologizes!” That’s great, I don’t know who expected you to buy 3 1911’s that all cost several thousand dollars.

Mike B. January 25, 2012 at 06:00 pm

Yeah, I hate it when somebody says they want an apology. It’s like their stuck in kindergarten, and someone stole a cookie.

Dontshootmebro January 25, 2012 at 10:23 am

Note to Ed: Dont personally show up for freakin’ SHOT show, if you are not interested in publicity and dealing with folks like Tom.

Audacia77 January 25, 2012 at 10:44 am

#1 Douchebags can in fact make good guns.
#2 Tom needs a tampon.

Justmeagain January 27, 2012 at 06:26 pm

Best comment yet.

Will January 25, 2012 at 10:54 am

Someone needs some cheese with that whine

overkill556x45 January 25, 2012 at 11:22 am

I watched a few of Tom’s vids on the YouTube. He sounds like a rich bully who just discovered guns and went in whole-hog. I don’t know of any serious trainers who drone on and on about how important “intimidation factor” is with a gun. If I pull my SP101, I’m not going to wave it around for intimidation. If I pull it, its because its about to go “BANG”. But apparently intimidation is important when selecting a firearm. Because when your house is invaded or you’re getting mugged, you’ll have time to pull your gun and do some kung-fu moves to show it off before making the decision to fire or not.

Also, spending more on a gun than a good used motorcycle is a bit daft to me. I thought I was getting screwed when I paid $700 for a Para LTC. And I don’t feel that buying a Para would entitle me to barge into their booth at SHOT and demand an interview.

I think Ed smelled phony on him and told him to bugger off. After watching the videos, I would probably do the same.

ENDO-Mike January 25, 2012 at 11:25 am

I hear that. I saw one video a long time of his where he showed all his guns from different countries that he had inside all his expensive cars. It all came across all condescending though like “look at how much more money I have then you”. That, coupled with the talking down on people made me quickly unsubscribe. The only reason I went back was to see what the deal was after I saw the fxhummel1 song.

Raph84 January 25, 2012 at 03:17 pm

That’s the vid that made me unsubscribe.

310cruffler March 12, 2012 at 05:37 pm

Well said. I feel bad for his “trophy” wife who has to sit there every night and record his master of the universe routine.

Josh January 25, 2012 at 01:40 pm

I like how he was talking about telling Ed Brown about how he wanted to promote him to the “whole wide world.” I don’t know who this douchebag is, and I don’t care to know. He must really have an inflated sense of himself and his little Youtube channel. God damn Youtube – it lets everybody think they’re something special and interesting. From people like this with their “informative” shows to people who think they can sing and play music – most are living in a dream world because a few people out there who they’ll never meet in real life give them a little positive feedback.

That’s more a rant on the absurdity of stuff on Youtube as opposed to being specific to this particular numbnuts.

ENDO-Mike January 25, 2012 at 02:57 pm

Heh yea 10389 subscribers is hardly the “whole world”. Even funnier considering most of his youtube vids have under 10K views.

Church January 25, 2012 at 03:11 pm

fxhummel1 killed it. I love that guy!

Linoge January 25, 2012 at 03:41 pm

What is with all of the dickery surrounding gunblogs/sites/podcasts/whatthefrak these days? And, yes, I am referring to both players in this incident.

ENDO-Mike January 25, 2012 at 03:46 pm

No kidding! I read about that gunsamerica idiocy on your site. Even though I had not heard of it until you guys started talking about it, It appears his site is in the top 1500 US sites. Pretty big accomplishment, but that doesn’t really make him anybody of authority to speak on bloggers in general, considering the traffic he gets is likely 99.9999999% from the auctions side of things.

Kevin January 25, 2012 at 06:00 pm

What a whiny bitch. Does he really think it’s an honor to be interviewed by him cause he’s youtube popular? What a nut.

dave January 25, 2012 at 06:55 pm

I cant stand this guy, and whats with every asswipe with a youtube account going to SHOT? I thought it was a trade show not open to the public? If you are trying to impress people who may buy hundreds of guns for whatever organization they represent do you want to be dicked with the tenth shmuck with a video camera of the day?
He’s WAAAY more annoying than Nutn.
The Hitler thing was perfect though.

Poppy January 25, 2012 at 07:40 pm

……so did Ed Brown make the 1911? I’m so confused.

Hogan January 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm

With all due respect, this guy is why yankees get a bad rep. His mix of self serving ingratiating style, coated in that pushy demeanor just drives people crazy. It seems pretty clear that Ed Brown wasn’t interested in an interview, and yet this guy argues, pleads, then threatens past the point of any standard of polite behavior. Like Ed Brown would be the benefactor of that video, not that namelessyahoogunwebsite.com prick.

The highlight though…is after he lambasts Ed Brown, his company and its future, he then plans to let people know that he still plans to brag about…er…review his personal Ed Brown guns for the channel. If he had any balls, he’d sell them and patronize Les Baer…

Phil January 26, 2012 at 06:17 am

The real idiots are the people who spend that kind of money on a stupidass ed brown 1911.

matt RRC January 26, 2012 at 02:30 pm

Old people are crazy and stuck in their ways. Did Ed do the right thing? Not really, but if he wants to be a dick to everybody than let him. Spend your money on something other than a over priced 1911 and review people that know and care what the “interweb” is.

Sent from my Pentium II on AOL 4.0.
28.8K baby!

emilio January 26, 2012 at 04:35 pm

is anyone actually surprised by this? welcome to the old-school gun industry: not everyone is a slick corporate agent or PR-charged tacti-cool salesman.

plus, trade shows suck. how many people had bugged Brown that day? how many Johnny-come-lately bloggers think they deserve the same attention as industry standbys? i am completely un-surprised and un-ruffled by this.

paul kimble January 26, 2012 at 05:32 pm

wow 11m37s worth of fail.

tldw version:
hihi ed brown! im from the internets. fanboi x 2. request interview.
yes ed brown here. interwhat? my guns sell, MANY. donotwant.
ED BROWN! FANBOI X 2! SHOTSHOWVIDEOPASS! CAMWHORE!! DEMAND INTERVIEW! INTERNETS!!
lol no. kthxbye!
butthurt! H8EDBROWN! CAMWHORE! butthurt!! RAGE QUIT!

ed brown = quality firearms period. nobody gives a shit about his internet skills or his attitude and as long as he keeps putting out quality arms people will buy.

buying a gopro, picking r5 mode, mounting to a tripod, camwhoring and spamming youtube with reviews doesnt make you anything but an idiot with a camera.

just another example of unwarranted self-importance.

ENDO-Mike January 28, 2012 at 12:18 am

haha I should get you to do my summaries from now on Paul.

paul kimble January 29, 2012 at 10:46 pm

i think these guys do it best:

ENDO-Mike January 30, 2012 at 12:08 am

I can’t even watch that XtraNormal stuff.

Scott January 27, 2012 at 02:43 pm

The interviewer was kinda douche-bagy…but what did he expect from an old dude who makes incredibly over-priced copies of a gun that has been out dated since the late 70’s?

theforgottenman January 27, 2012 at 04:43 pm

Is this the same guy from the Girls Gone Wild movies?

dave January 27, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Tom always makes me think of this video for some reason
I wish i had enough talent to mashup some of his vids with it

ENDO-Mike January 28, 2012 at 12:18 am

LOL wow that’s priceless. I’ll think of that every time now too

LT March 5, 2012 at 08:48 am

Why am I not surprised this guy’s from Florida? Patronizing as can be.

That said, Mr. Brown – from the one side of the story we got to hear – didn’t take the best approach. Not like I could blame him all that much, though – dealing with this smarmy douche can’t be too easy a chore, especially not after that gesture.

Personally I think the best solution would be for Mr. Brown or one of his associates/family members to get a decent guy from the online gun community to do an interview without even a mention ’bout this incident.

Disclaimer: I don’t own any of Mr. Brown’s firearms, nor am I likely to at any time in the future… not because of this video, but because of the price. Anybody spending $2000+ on a pistol probably has more money than brains.

310cruffler March 12, 2012 at 05:39 pm

He lives in Florida but he’s actually a New York transplant.

Josh March 12, 2012 at 05:40 pm

He lives in Florida but he’s actually a New York transplant.

I’m sure his neighbors would like to see him replanted.

JScottNH March 12, 2012 at 07:05 pm

Replant his douche ass in the ground….

310cruffler March 12, 2012 at 05:34 pm

I’ve watched a few of Tom’s videos. I liked him up until he started showing off all of his fancy cars, watches, and pen collection under the guise of “life advice”. The guy stinks of nouveau-riche. He also seemed to gain subscribers by paying to advertise his channel and piggy backing off of another channel who had earned its popularity the old fashioned way (Pete at the armory channel). As another post stated, he’s on youtube to promote his merchant website (with its inflated prices). If you watch the early videos, he would always say how much he cares about all his viewers. Notice that he never says that anymore. Ed Brown is my father’s age and I’m sure his douche radar picked up something in 5 minutes that it took several of Tom’s videos for me to see. Kudos to Ed

Drew October 8, 2012 at 11:31 am

I was deployed when the Twin Towers went down. I did my part to make Afganistan flat, as in 112 twelve days of bombing. When I got back to the states I went to look at Ed Brown guns in their manufacturing plant in my home state of Missouri. I justed pulled into the parking lot of the plant, walked up to the front counter and said “I would like to see some of their products.” The lady at the front desk ask me if I was a military member to which I said I was. She ask me to hang on a minute and she’d help me out. 10 minutes later I was standing infront of Mr. Brown. He thanked me for my time in the service and ask if I would like a tour of the plant. He gave me a half hour of his time, answered every question I ask and was a real stand up guy. I have met him on his own territory, he’s a fine fella in my book.

daddy September 24, 2013 at 06:41 pm

Thank you for youe service Drew. Everything about Youtube is lets make a buck.

Tom moved to the south, where most people can actually own/load/carry ??/use a firearm more than two days a year, and not die or be arrested for it. People move away from NYC for different reasons, any of which are damn fine, JMHO.

But Toms gonna have to reign in that “NY cop “I AM the TURD, what did you say to ZEUS” attitude…it won’t serve him well. Could lead to some very bad results. As far as the Ed Brown says “FOCK the INTERNET” in all CAPS routine???….well…guess who else had that attitude in the 1990s—METALLICA. Can’t say that helps much.

Hiredgun419 August 4, 2015 at 10:36 am

If I ever hear that stupid song I’ll shoot you with an Ed Brown Pistol!

Hiredgun419 August 4, 2015 at 10:46 am

If I ever hear that stupid song again Ill shoot you with an Ed Brown Pistol! If the guy doesn’t want to give you an interview then just leave him alone. Don’t bug the shit out of him telling him how he wonderful it will be in the long run for sales while pointing a camera at him filming the whole time! I’d have smashed the camera, yup!

Hiredgun419 August 4, 2015 at 10:51 am

Paul Kimble I just read your comments and can’t stop laughing! ” butthurt ” ha! Your so right, haaaaaaaaa!!!