Gun Safety Extremes

I’m all for safe storage, but this is a bit ridiculous:

With 6 locks, that revolver isn’t going to be randomly killing anyone by itself any time soon.  Someone needs to lock those keys up in 6 different safety deposit boxes just to make sure… you can never be too safe.

Hat tip: Jesus

Dayid Alan January 29, 2012 at 02:14 am

All that work and they didn’t even remove the grip to activate the built-in keyed lock/safety underneath it :/

Will January 29, 2012 at 02:33 am

Thats a glock 7 from germany right?

AKMSF January 29, 2012 at 03:05 am

You mean those locks that guns come with are FOR the gun? I thought that Ruger and Glock just gave out free locks with a purchase!

Andy January 29, 2012 at 04:31 am

New Jersey: 2027

Mainsail January 29, 2012 at 06:03 am

New Jersey: 2027 ………. but you don’t get to have the keys.

ozwald January 29, 2012 at 07:45 am
Nick January 29, 2012 at 11:08 am

California, now

Heath January 29, 2012 at 06:01 pm

No kidding. Grrrr… blasted CA

retro_joe January 29, 2012 at 08:12 am

That is the deadliest unloaded LCR you’ll ever see.

Grab it by that cable lock and start swinging.

xpo172 January 29, 2012 at 09:48 am

Better lock the whole thing in a safe, then take the ammo to a friends house and lock it in their safe. Can’t EVER be to careful around guns.

Poppy January 29, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I actually know someone who does that for her 10/22 Ruger rifle. She’s afraid her kids will find it and kill themselves accidentally. Honestly though, if your kids are fucking stupid enough to find the weapon, grab it, load it, chamber a round, flip off the safety, and then unintentionally fatally wound themselves with it, they probably deserved to die in the first place. Y’know, natural selection and all that jazz.

Joat January 29, 2012 at 11:11 am

“Isn’t that one of those revolvers with a ceramic frame that can go through airport metal detectors?”

I don’t know about that but can’t you put any gun in a bag through the x-ray machine and just pick it up after you walk through the metal detector these days?

Michael b January 29, 2012 at 01:17 pm

The funny thing is all those locks can be picked by any child older than 7.

1 lock: 5 seconds.
6 locks: 45 seconds

Josh January 29, 2012 at 04:22 pm

The funny thing is all those locks can be picked by any child older than 7.

ANY child older than 7 huh? I’d gladly make a wager with you that I would have no problems finding children (and adults for that matter) older than age 7 who couldn’t pick any of those locks.

Poppy January 29, 2012 at 04:32 pm

Don’t you understand Josh? Not only have video games such as New Vegas and Skyrim taught our nation’s children how to commit thoughtless mass murder with various different weapons, but they’ve also instructed them how to effortlessly pick locks, pick-pocket, and repair an M1 Garand with spare parts from a microwave. Today’s youth are nothing but a bunch of trained, murderous sociopaths!

So if ya ask me, this guy didn’t put ENOUGH locks on his gun!

Heath January 29, 2012 at 06:03 pm

Seriously???

Poppy January 29, 2012 at 06:19 pm

Totally.

I myself keep a .357 submerged inside a block of concrete for extra safety. Ain’t no GTA zombie gettin’ it now!

Kevin January 29, 2012 at 09:03 pm

You’ll need another gun to get it out! But how will you keep that gun safe!?!?!?

Poppy January 29, 2012 at 09:06 pm

It’s okay, if someone tries to burglarize my house I’ll just beat ’em to death with the 15 pound brick of concrete!

Josh January 29, 2012 at 10:56 pm

…video games such as New Vegas and Skyrim taught our nation’s children how to…

I have no idea what you’re talking about, and that’s OK with me! Several years ago when I came home to my parents’ house after getting out of the Army I found (in a box of old stuff in the house) an old Super Nintendo and a cartridge game for it that had Super Mario Bros. 1,2, and 3 on it and I figured that was the pinnacle of video gaming!

Poppy January 29, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Good God how can you live with yourself!?! Not only have you not played Skyrim, but you’ve NEVER EVEN HEARD OF IT?

Your life must be so empty without video games, I bet you just fill your days with meaningless, emotionally void activities such as sex with girls, having a job, playing sports and firing large caliber firearms.

I pity you, I really do. And y’know, I’d love to stay in chat, but my in-game wife in nagging me to sleep with her I have to go rescue some Nord dude from a Thalmor dungeon. I’m a very busy guy, ciao!

Josh January 29, 2012 at 11:28 pm

…I bet you just fill your days with meaningless, emotionally void activities such as sex with girls, having a job, playing sports and firing large caliber firearms.

You forgot reading about new topics and expanding my knowledge base. I know, it’s crazy – I could be spending free time living vicariously through a video game character instead of learning about things that I find interesting… There’s clearly something wrong with me…

Josh January 29, 2012 at 11:37 pm

That last comment probably should have been directed at my youngest brother, who is very intelligent, but spends his free time playing video games and watching basketball on TV! :)

Nothing wrong with either one occasionally. I’m hopeful he’ll grow out of it at some point!

Poppy January 29, 2012 at 11:39 pm

The first step to fixing your problem is admitting that you have one.

Good job on the road to recovery buddy!

Josh January 30, 2012 at 01:05 am

The first step to fixing your problem is admitting that you have one.

I certainly don’t consider that not playing video games is a problem! :)

Poppy January 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Godammit Josh. We were making so much progress! And yet here you go, relapsing and perpetuating a dangerous cycle of denial and abuse.

gunbarrelflygirl January 31, 2012 at 08:26 am

I hate to say it, but, someone must…
Guns don’t kill people, people kill people. So, using your logic, we should place a lock on a baseball bat, a broom handle, a brick, a glass of liquid, the car, their bare hands, etc etc etc etc…………..

Heath January 29, 2012 at 06:02 pm

Do a search on youtube and you’ll find a quick and simple way to beat every one of those padlocks with stuff you can find laying around the house.

Josh January 29, 2012 at 06:41 pm

Well, if it’s on Youtube then it’s surely true and accurate. I guess I’ll just have to concede that I’m wrong and that anyone over the age of seven can pick those locks – and defeat six of them in 45 seconds… Silly me for thinking that that statement was, at best, hyperbole, but I’m inclined to call it just plain ridiculous.

Poppy January 29, 2012 at 06:48 pm

Agreed, I once saw a YouTube video of a dog skateboarding. Therefore all dogs can, and do, skateboard.

gunbarrelflygirl January 29, 2012 at 02:06 pm

I fear for the owner if they should ever NEED that gun! STUPID!!!

Heath January 29, 2012 at 06:04 pm

Surely it was done in jest and not done seriously.

Church January 29, 2012 at 02:26 pm

I fear for the owner who thinks this is practical/necessary. But obvious troll is obvious.

Nick January 29, 2012 at 09:28 pm

This is from a post on Reddit.com and was done as a joke on the poster’s friend.