Famous Historical Explosions Recreated With Cauliflower

This is eerily neat:

Hindenburg:

Nagasaki atomic bomb:

Challenger space shuttle:

Brock Davis is the name of the artist that made this happen.   No profound “purpose” statement.  Judging by his tumblr that I linked to, he seems like a cool guy that doesn’t take himself too seriously.

If I didn’t basically only eat meat i’d stick a cauliflower in my Glock ejection port and take some pics for some lolz.  That would be one for the exploding glock humor post.

Cauliflower ranks up with peas as my least favorite vegetable.

Josh February 12, 2012 at 01:34 am

Cauliflower ranks up with peas as my least favorite vegetable.

My thoughts are that peas are delicious. I’m not a huge cauliflower fan, but I’ll definitely eat it when mixed with other steamed vegetables.

Regarding the photos – that is a very creative concept, and well executed. The Challenger one is particularly eery since I can remember that happening. I’m not old enough to appreciate the other two as much.

Poppy February 12, 2012 at 01:41 am

Cauliflower and onions are the best vegetables in the universe, anyone who disagrees is probably a Communist.

Josh February 12, 2012 at 10:18 am

Green beans. Those are the best.

Poppy February 12, 2012 at 03:30 pm

Whatever Josh-eph Stalin.

Josh February 12, 2012 at 04:13 pm

…Josh-eph Stalin.

If I had said beets were the best vegetable, that might be appropriate.

Poppy February 12, 2012 at 07:25 pm

And yet you’re still a commie Josh-ip Broz Tito.

Josh February 12, 2012 at 07:36 pm

Those are pretty serious accusations that you’re throwing out there.

Poppy February 12, 2012 at 08:15 pm

Well I’m done for now. I don’t know of any other famous commies whose names can be easily merged with “Josh.”

Frank February 12, 2012 at 02:11 am

Peas aren’t that bad, but cauliflower is serious business. And by serious, I mean gross as high hell and nasty to boot.

I think the smell of pig vomit is easier than downing cauliflower, but that’s my opinion.

Church February 12, 2012 at 02:49 pm

Andrew February 12, 2012 at 05:56 am

Peas are the best when fresh, then nicely cooking in a sauce pan with a touch of butter and a wee bit o honey and then you throw in some carrots = money.

NotWagner February 12, 2012 at 09:22 am

Needs more Ranch…or Rotel. Seriously. I could mess up the Challenger scene if I had a little melted “cheese food” and salsa.

SGB February 12, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Red meat is the best vegetable in the universe, hands down.

The J February 12, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Cauliflower tastes best when steamed and drowned in melted Velveeta cheese.

Aaron February 12, 2012 at 07:55 pm

That colossal fire we’ve all seen countless times as the Hindenberg fell? Actually the skin of the craft, more than the hydrogen as I understand it.
As for cauliflower, I hate the stuff cooked, but I’ve actually had some decent cauliflower soups – somehow a really savory stock with a puree of other stuff thrown in makes the whole thing pretty decent.

AKMSF February 13, 2012 at 12:53 am

Yup, the coating on the Hindenburg was basically chemically equivalent to Thermite. It’s a shame we are not looking more seriously at dirigibles with our modern materials tech- I’m sure we could come up with something much safer now.

Jeep February 13, 2012 at 09:39 am

You realize guys that you’re debatting about the taste of cauliflower on a gun-related blog, don’t you?
I don’t know whether it is communist or not but that’s pretty gay…

Really neat pictures though…