Rat Operator Backs Down Some Cats

Making this blog topic related is a real stretch, so I’m calling the rat an “Operator”:

He’s got some moves.  This video was too funny not to share.

I know in the comments people are going to tell me how small that rat is compared to what they have seen.  Let me hear it! haha

Hat tip: Bryan

EchoVictor76 March 3, 2012 at 12:34 am

it’s a Russian rat. Those things are hardcore!

Lance March 3, 2012 at 12:47 am

And they call themselves cats…

Julio March 3, 2012 at 02:50 am

There’s a parasite, hosted by rats, that affects their brains in such a way as to cause them to lose their fear of cats.
Interestingly, the same parasite is also hosted by as many of 50% of humans.
Anyway, I wouldn’t be surprised is the rat in the video is a carrier.

ENDO-Mike March 4, 2012 at 02:00 am

Ugh gross. Now I feel the need to get tested to see if I have that parasite haha.

Critter March 3, 2012 at 08:05 am

yeah those slavic rats are mean bastids.

Josh March 3, 2012 at 10:20 am

These cats today are such wimps. Back in my day, cats killed rats every chance the got. And my cat walked to school with me in the snow, uphill both ways. It’s just another example of how lazy cat society is getting.

ENDO-Mike March 7, 2012 at 04:07 pm

haha priceless.

diqster March 4, 2012 at 01:57 am

It’s not the cats. It’s the rat. The rat is infected with a parasite that causes it to be fearless of cats and take extra risky behavior (so that it gets bit and transmits the parasite to the cat where it can sexually reproduce). Yep, just like Julio’s article said. Here’s where I read it.

Josh March 4, 2012 at 09:49 am

The parasite explains the rat ignoring its instincts to be afraid of the cat, but doesn’t explain the cats being such ignoring what should be their instinct to kill the little bastard.

Josh March 4, 2012 at 09:51 am

God damn it, I need to quit changing what I’m going to say in the middle of typing something

ExurbanKevin March 4, 2012 at 11:51 am

Those felines need to turn in their cat cards.