Injured Personnel Meat Shield Harness

A comfortable way to carry an injured person to safety:

Skip to 40 seconds to see it in action.

Basically it looks like a regular safety harness with arm loops on it for the person doing the carrying.  I could have sworn these things have existed for years.

The manufacturer Agilite is selling them for $80 – HERE

Maximum tensile strength: 5000 lbs.   Narrowly within Rosie O’Donnell carrying range.

Hat tip: Elvis, Kevin

Jim P. March 30, 2012 at 01:15 am

That is just F’ing awesome. Can you get one of those to give away too?

I’m going to have to get one for BOB.

Frank March 30, 2012 at 07:53 am

This is a great idea. And yes adding it to a BOB is equally good as well! :D

ENDO-Mike April 5, 2012 at 01:53 am

Good question.. maybe i’ll drop the company an email see if they would be down.

Al T. March 30, 2012 at 06:48 am

They got it wrong. If the guy evacing the dead guy is going on point, better to sling the dead guy in front for a meat shield. I’m just sayin…..

Pop N Fresh March 30, 2012 at 03:46 pm

I’m actually thinking of marketing this, worn backwards of course, to a whole different segment of the population.

032125 March 30, 2012 at 04:35 pm

Exactly what I was thinking. If you go down, then some poor fucker has to sling TWO of you on his back. WHERE DOES IT ALL END!?!

Jeep March 30, 2012 at 08:41 am

If he’s dead, maybe it’s not really worth carrying him.

It looks cheap when the guys bend over and the back of their shirt slides up. Tuck it in damnit !

AZRon March 31, 2012 at 09:35 pm

So to you it sucks to have an untucked “shirt”, but is perfectly acceptable to leave a fallen brother behind?

Wow!

Ross March 30, 2012 at 10:30 am

Better hope the 6’2″ 250lb member of the team isn’t the one who goes down! Probably less of an issue in European and Israeli units.

Jeep March 30, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Why European and Israeli units? They don’t have tall soldiers?
I can tell you I’ve meet quite small US soldiers (USAF to be precise) and very tall French and German soldiers. No anger from me, just saying that I think the average size is about the same both sides of the Atlantic.

But it’s true that in Europe, no one is 6’2″ ! Because here we’d say he is 1,90m tall ;-)

Ross March 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Not saying there’s no tall people, but the sizes of people in Europe tend to be smaller.

1,90m – 120kg guy is a pretty big fellow on either side of the Atlantic

Church March 30, 2012 at 04:25 pm

Very cool, reminds me of those straps to help you move furniture… https://www.getthestraps.com/

Bill March 30, 2012 at 04:26 pm

What if he’s got a neck injury?..I was taught in basic to NOT lift them if you think they have a neck injury

ENDO-Mike March 30, 2012 at 04:30 pm

I always figured there was an unwritten “leave no man behind” rule. Because if they had a neck injury and you didn’t get them out of there ASAP there’s a chance the enemy could capture and torture them. In my opinion that would be worse than maybe causing more damage from moving someone that has a neck injury.

bikeman March 30, 2012 at 07:29 pm

Valid point. I think that if the CLS/medic determines they are too injured to move, they are just going to secure the area and wait for reinforcements who will hopefully bring a litter. This strap is more for immediate evac, or even picking up a hostage or VIP that can’t walk, is worn out, unconscious etc…

Jim P. March 31, 2012 at 09:16 pm

If someone in a combat zone has a neck injury, they are probably a goner anyway.

This Penetrating Neck Trauma study shows that only 6% make it to the hospital and they will all probably die within hours.

Ducsauce March 30, 2012 at 07:44 pm

Operation human shield!!

Jordan March 31, 2012 at 01:24 pm

“Maximum tensile strength: 5000 lbs. Narrowly within Rosie O’Donnell carrying range.”

LOL! Mike, I hope you don’t go all Dave Chappelle on us one day. Where would we be without your insight?

ENDO-Mike March 31, 2012 at 02:21 pm

I don’t think Africa wouldn’t be my scene. A secluded mansion on the west coast is more my speed, but it will definitely have internet access, so don’t worry. :P

NateDogg March 31, 2012 at 06:12 pm

Rosie O’Donnel? I don’t the bullet would penetrate her flabby hide enough to warrant carrying her…..

Besides, the hazard pay that would have be dealt out to that poor soldier would have to be at least twice the national debt…..

Lance April 1, 2012 at 04:26 pm

I’m actually kind of impressed.