Jones College Prep — a Chicago Public Schools “selective enrollment” school — recently held “Social Justice Week” in March, a collection of events geared towards turning students into activists.
A few things on my mind while watching the video:
- I love how the kid near the beginning of the video (0:30) speaks his mind
- 1:40 – Her paraphrasing of what she thinks the NRA said made me laugh “So what you have so many children dying on your streets, that’s ya’ll problem. We just makin’ money.”
- Where are people buying these guns with a mind of their own, that kill people? All mine just sit here and do nothing.
- Why are these kids at school at 4:35?
- 4:48 – ah the old “number of black men in college compared to the number of black men in jail” statistic. I suppose I should have some white guilt right about now? *eye roll*
Hat tip: Phil C.