Xbox 360 Controller 9mm Brass Button Conversion

Cool mod, but I wonder how comfortable it would be to play with:

No work involved for you, seen on Etsy for $54.89

Brand new unmodified Xbox 360 wireless controller on Amazon for $36.99

Is it worth saving $17.90 and attempting the modification yourself?  Probably not, if the pre done one is done correctly and the person actually sends it.  The once concern I have though is that the original Xbox 360 buttons are smooth rounded plastic, which you would be replacing with 9mm brass which has a fairly square edge on it.  I could see my thumb being worn raw and developing a classic NES blister… which would be cool to reminisce over for a minute, but then would be annoying.

Thoughts?  Have any of you guys done this mod?

Hat tip: Kevin W.

Jester67 May 8, 2012 at 02:45 am

THIS is a bullet-button I can live with.

Ryan May 8, 2012 at 08:39 am

I think id paint the primers with nail polish the red, blue, green and yellow. For new players and drunken nights. Suprised the left and right bumpers aren’t replaced with skeletonized 1911 triggers.

Jared May 8, 2012 at 01:20 pm

That might be the coolest idea yet!

Tyler May 8, 2012 at 10:05 am

First off thank you ENDO Gun Blog for featuring my 9mm xbox buttons. The feel of the 9mm is still fairly fluid. I am an avid gamer and shooter so it felt natural to just combine the two. The cool thing with games like call of duty and battlefield is you really don’t mash on the ABXY buttons like we used to in the old NES days. The main action is in the joy sticks and the triggers. That said the new 9mm buttons function perfectly and all are tested before shipping.

The 1911 triggers aren’t on the horizon yet, but 12 gauge shotgun shell d-pad is almost complete. This will add a nice addition to the 9mm shells.

For other cool bullet products check out my cufflinks which come in just about any caliber you would like.

ozwald May 8, 2012 at 10:31 am

is diesel lace a reference to the old combloc practice of running a bootlace soaked in diesel down the bore a firearm as a cleaning practice?

Tyler May 8, 2012 at 10:50 am

I’m impressed not too many people put that together. Yes the name had originated from that process.

RWC May 8, 2012 at 11:23 am

Was just going to remark that those links are bad ass.

Tyler May 8, 2012 at 01:05 pm

Thank you. The Bullet Cufflinks are a Hot seller right now. Especially for custom wedding listings. I personally like to wear the 12 gauge links and the 44 mags from my D Eagle.

ENDO-Mike May 8, 2012 at 09:23 pm

You’re welcome Tyler, I really like the idea. Neat cuff links as well, I might have to pick up a pair someday.

Logic May 8, 2012 at 01:43 pm

This is done on my controller actually. I also had it dipped in ACU water coat so now it can blend in with the moon.

Church May 8, 2012 at 03:12 pm

This is a pretty BA idea. I like it.