Manual Safety Slip Up Leads To Leg Ventilation

A Botetourt County (Roanoke, Virginia) man accidentally shot himself Friday while reading the instruction manual for a gun he’d just purchased.

The 28-year-old sustained injuries that were not believed to be life-threatening after shooting himself in the left leg with a .45-caliber Rock Island Armory 1911 pistol, county dispatchers and officials said.

Full Story – HERE

That is pretty damn impressive if you ask me. *slow clap*

Hopefully he’ll have a full recovery and be able to laugh about it someday.  Getting it in the leg though, he might have a reminder limp his whole life.

If this guy is smart he will read instruction manuals cover to cover before even touching anything in the future.

Thoughts?

9 COMMENTS

JUMP DOWN ↓ TO ADD ANOTHER

Tobias June 4, 2012 at 01:40 am

A genius that once again purchased a gun without knowing the basic rules of a firearm ( even slower clap)

Reply

Church June 4, 2012 at 06:16 am

I will be visiting Virginia tomorrow. And I am acutally going to the house of a Director of the biggest hospital in that area, hopefully I’ll be able to get a funny story out of it. What a dumbass!

Reply

Willy Wonka June 4, 2012 at 06:44 am

It feels wrong for some reason..but I couldn’t help laughing my ass off at this. Bravo.

Reply

Jeep June 4, 2012 at 07:01 am

It probably means he followed the instructions one by one, doing it at the same time…

Check the gun is empty – OK
Put the magazine into the gun – OK
Pull the slide backwards and release it – OK, oh, gotta turn the page, I’ll put the gun on my laps while I take the book
Boom – AOUCH !
Your gun is hot, put the saftey on and do not touch the trigge – Too late.

Reply

ENDO-Mike June 8, 2012 at 03:34 am

hahah yea that’s likely exactly how it went down.

Reply

SAOperater June 4, 2012 at 07:35 am

Sounds like the typical 1911 owner.

Reply

Bear June 4, 2012 at 08:16 am

As I read this, I thought about absuperman’s video about 1911’s. I lol’d.

Reply

Sid June 4, 2012 at 11:52 am

This only happens when gun owners use SERPA holsters!…. wait, not using one….

This only happens when gun owners use those Glock plastic guns with no safeties!…. wait, not the right narrative either….

This only happens when gun owners use 1911s because those guns have too many safeties! Finally, got the right narrative.

How about this one guys: inexperienced gun owner commits a negligent discharge because he pulled the trigger. There is nothing in the instructions that would have stopped this from happening. From the brief report and available information, the gun worked just as it was designed. He pulled the trigger and the gun discharged. Just like idiots who lose hands working on lawn-mowers or get shocked installing ceiling fans.

It is not the holster’s fault you shoot yourself. It is not the gun’s fault that you shoot yourself. It is not the fault of the designer. When you shoot yourself, you are to blame.

Reply

Ed June 4, 2012 at 07:57 pm

Haha get real. This is America, nothing is ever your own fault.

Reply

LEAVE A COMMENT:

Previous post:

Next post: