BMW M5 Bullet – High Performance Art

Damn this is awesome:

The M5 still is one of my favorite cars in that price range.  They really did a nice job capturing the slow motion breaking of the targets, and the essence of shooting with the commercial.

Will June 25, 2012 at 01:19 am

The M-line from BMW has been pure awesome since the 80’s, but I’m skeptical to the new developments. They’ve always been badass naturally aspirated engines, but the newest M5 has turbos. Haven’t driven it, so can’t say if it affects the feeling, but…
With the 1-series, the turbos and the rumored shift to FWD, seems they’ve forgotten their customers are drivers…

overkill556x45 June 25, 2012 at 09:57 am

Top Gear UK tested the new M5 in season 18. They loved it. It’s even faster than the V10 was. I doubt BMW will go to FWD. It would be like the Catholic Church turning Hindu. The only thing I don’t like about the M-series is that I can’t afford one and also I live in an area of the midwest that is usually covered in snow except June-August. I have a WRX right now, but in five years I’d like to trade that for a Nissan GTR.

Will June 25, 2012 at 01:04 pm

You kidding me? Wintertime is the best time to drive a BMW :D
Well, if it’s sufficiently powerful, any time of the year is great, but when you’re rocking a 20 year old E36 320, winter is when the real fun happens, at least here in Norway :D

Jayson June 25, 2012 at 01:46 am

When I drove a C5, these fuckin M cars used to embarass me constantly. Yeah, it’s badass. I want one totally murdered out, flat black. That would be swell. Armored too if possible.

Jess Banda June 25, 2012 at 04:42 am

Best car commercial since Ricardo Montalban’s 1975 Chrylser Cordoba commercial, where he praised its “soft Corinthian leather.”

Jeep June 25, 2012 at 05:36 am

Stonking piece of kit !
I’d be interested to know how fast they were driving with this baby!

bikeman June 26, 2012 at 07:13 am

If you pause at 1:17 you can see they are going about 290kph, or approx 180mph.

dave w June 25, 2012 at 09:21 am

rifling would have made it even better

Tekno June 25, 2012 at 10:19 pm

so true – firing an M5 out of a musket, although impressive, is not nearly as accurate as shooting one from a rifled barrel ;-)

Bill June 25, 2012 at 01:14 pm

Bonneville salt flats?

Church June 25, 2012 at 06:25 pm

Pretty cool… I have a ton of friends that are BMW fanatics.