Defenders Of The DERP

VigilantSpectre’s Marksmanship Qualification:

From the description:

• Every member of the team must pass both a primary and secondary weapons qual for multiple reasons, Here is a short snippet of the primary qual.
  • Two positions: one at 150 yards and the other at 250.
  • Shooters start at 150 yrds. They shoot 10 rounds from standing offhand, followed by 10 rounds kneeling and 5 prone.
  • The shooter then moves to 250 yards and repeats this sequence but is allowed to rest.
  • Shooters are given 50 rounds in 3 randomly loaded magazines.
  • 3 minute time limit on each stage with no rollover

I love the “for multiple reasons” vagueness in the description.  You just know these guys sit around at night in multicam panties, drinking and salivating over SHTF scenarios.

Those distances are fine and all, but they failed to say what counts as a pass.  My guess is these guys just have to “shoot” at targets at those ranges, and hits don’t really matter. Might as well throw some targets 1000+ yards downrange too if that’s the case.

Oh yea and one more thing, did Spectre introduce the shooter as “Anus Patriot” at 0:16?  It sure sounds like it, and I really wouldn’t be surprised.

cspradlin July 26, 2012 at 09:36 pm

They should try passing the ARMY standard qualification, with no optics allowed.

ozwald July 26, 2012 at 09:43 pm

yeah but would you really want to watch a bunch of jagoffs fail at this sorta crap? that reminds me. DHS can be reached at 202-282-8000. they should be alerted to this grassroots paramilitary presence in Ohio…

clefx1 July 26, 2012 at 09:48 pm

Why? They’re d-bag idiots but why would you feel the need to call the feds on them?

ozwald July 26, 2012 at 10:09 pm

no reason. i just… like doing things like that!

Bear July 27, 2012 at 11:01 am

Oz is trolling. Recognize…I hope..

Hard_Harry July 27, 2012 at 12:40 pm

WARRIORS….. COME OUT AND PLAYEEEEE!!!!!!!!

ozwald July 27, 2012 at 02:29 pm

Calvin July 26, 2012 at 09:37 pm

Also: “3 randomly loaded magazines” – because every obvious scenario leaves you scavenging mags of the dead? I can think of any other reason you’d not know your load-out. Either that or they don’t want to depend on the recruits actually knowing how to count? I’m out of guesses.

Calvin July 26, 2012 at 09:39 pm

Ha ha, okay so I actually endured a few seconds of the video. My second guess was closer to the truth: recruit can’t count to 5. *facepalm*

James M&P July 26, 2012 at 09:50 pm

These guys are boring as fuck.

Cougar July 26, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Was it explained somewhere else and I missed it,but what ‘team’ is this for? What reason does this qualification serve/what are you qualifying for? Or is this just some ‘look how hard core my (POS) militia is: we have qualifications tests just like the real army’ video.

DoubleTap July 26, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Ill play the devils advocate today. At least their out there using the gear and putting rounds down range. I’m guessing they live in the sticks and maybe their SOP requires a demonstration of their ability to make a medium range shot . I can’t count how many goof balls I see at the range with all their “Tacticool Gear” ( cause we all know the more pieces of 5.11 your wearing the better your gonna shoot) and they do not even have the basic fundamentals to shoot effectively at close range let alone any thing past 100 yards.

Kevin July 26, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Oh god he has a stance like a sissy – Oh god please stop posting these guys videos…

Mac July 26, 2012 at 10:40 pm

This stuff is just unfathomable. What is the ‘qualification’? Are they just pinging a steel target or shooting for accuracy at those distances? Is it just firing that number of shots in 3 minutes?
Do they have a little file they mark all this down in? If someone misses ‘qualification’, do they not get to play in the reindeer games?
AND WHY IS THAT GUY WEARING FACEPAINT?! (again!)

I do like the last guy’s “I’m out of magazines, BRO.” as El Jefe is giving him the countdown of doom. Sounds like he realized how ridiculous the whole thing is. Good grief.

Mac July 26, 2012 at 10:50 pm

Oh, man! I missed the actual title of the video: “A Look Inside a VS Marksmanship Qualification.”
What is this? Parade Magazine?

tony July 27, 2012 at 03:40 pm

i believe he stated in another video that they were gonna stop wearing face paint, but they found out it pisses off Mike and the trolls. i think these guys are doing a great job atleast they aren’t sitting at the local gun club shooting in one direction. Also from pm emails ive exchanged with one of the members they dont buy into shtf and they cant stand preppers, they are just a group of friends that enjoy shooting. they also mentioned details about the qual to me saying that the purpose is to make sure people are proficent before they do three man movement drills ect, think of it as “getting past an instructor on a private range”.

Will July 28, 2012 at 09:40 am

I call BS, If there were just friends who like to shoot, why play dress up? I could see a chest rig or plate carrier to hold mags or something, but they go full derp with at least 4 different kind of camo on. They would get more “respect” if they wore Carhartts (or whatever pants), a t-shirt and introduced as 4 guys who like shooting.

Mac July 30, 2012 at 01:21 pm

“they dont buy into shtf and they cant stand preppers, they are just a group of friends that enjoy shooting.” “think of it as “getting past an instructor on a private range”.”
Cool, I’ll take your word for it.
Man, I sure don’t wish any of these guys ill will in any way, shape or form, but a lot of this is just goofy. I have no interest in an argument with you or anyone, but the dress up thing is a little obvious.
And ‘crowd suppression drills’? Type that phrase into Google and all you get is Vigilant Spectre.

Jim P. July 26, 2012 at 11:22 pm

If I’m in a combat zone I want full mags. Even if I am scavenging, I’ll take the time to cross load in the downtime. If I’m actively shooting and scavenging, I’m to either going to be moving forward or retreating. You don’t have a fixed position in either case.

If I’m scavenging in a relatively fixed position — the bodies of the dead are going to be my bullet catchers and I’m going to be prone.

The USAF had a similar drill for the troops. I never made expert but always qualified.

Jeep July 27, 2012 at 02:46 am

What’s wrong with their brony-colored magazines? Is there a real reason for painting so shitty?

Mac July 27, 2012 at 03:19 am

I was curious too, and one of them explains it in the comments on the youtube page:
“I lost at least ten mags in the space of about 9 months and I decided I was going to suck it up and buy two sets. One set I would duracoat a bright color and the other set would be my good set. SO i coated 6 in sunburst yellow and 6 in FDE. The yellow mags serve as a high visibility training mag and are easily spotted from hundreds of yards”
Duracoated them? I imagine that’s not so expensive if you already have all the stuff, but, uh…huh.

I have a flashlight and a larger pocket knife that I take with me when hunting or camping and I put a strip of orange electrical tape with a bit of super glue on them. I’ve dropped ’em and that helped me find ’em.
These dudes must be doing some serious running and gunning firing at stationary targets to lose 10 magazines in that melee. I just ain’t tactical enough.

Heath July 27, 2012 at 07:41 am

When I see people like this I always wonder, were they denied entry into the armed services or the police academy?

Cougar July 27, 2012 at 04:01 pm

I’d bet heavily on it.

Michael July 28, 2012 at 01:16 am

Or their candy asses couldn’t deal with a life of actual danger and labour. Just a bunch of poseurs playing soldier.

The real lunacy though is that they portray themselves as REAL AMERICAN HEROES despite having no training and service record whatsoever. And the sad part is, they seem to actually believe it themselves…

Michael July 28, 2012 at 01:17 am

If only stolen valor was passed… and these numbnuts tried to fake some combat experience too…

Terry July 27, 2012 at 08:36 am

I’ve talked with one of them. The qual is accuracy based. It’s “60% to have access to team based general training- like outside of individual run and guns. 70% for role specific specialized focus. 85+% to be rated mater level and be able to conduct marksmanship training for new recruits.”

“Optics are capped at 4x. Targets are 1’x1′
Randomly loaded mags to induce a reload and also To induce a sight alignment alteration in action”

And to answer the question above about Why he keeps posting their vids:

I have a theory:
Endo is a jealous bitch that knows little to nothing about firearms and couldn’t make a shot over 300 yards rested if he tried. Let alone carrying all that gear!

VSP! VSP! VSP!

Terry July 27, 2012 at 08:40 am

Master*

Croppedxout July 27, 2012 at 08:54 am

I can’t wait to see the inevitable video post when Vigilant Dickface NDs a round into The Virginity Keepers femur.

Terry July 27, 2012 at 09:08 am

I didn’t see any safety concerns in the video

VSP! VSP! VSP!

paul kimble July 27, 2012 at 09:09 am

and when the drill is done they celebrate by going to matts house to high five and strip down for a nice game of “hide the buffer tube”.

Down&OutInCA July 27, 2012 at 10:42 am

Anus Patriot: He’ll liberate your shit.

It’d be nice to see their ‘qualifications’ and passing scores or if “Minute-of-SHTF-fantasy” is good enough…

Down&OutInCA July 27, 2012 at 10:44 am

Minimum scores, not qualifications** Damn, I’ve done derped after watching their videos.

Church July 27, 2012 at 03:41 pm

OMG yes, Mike read this: “Our official stance toward the endo blog is that its author knows little about firearms. He is a safety nazi drone that probably stores his weapons locked and unloaded. He craves attention and receives it by perpetuating falsehoods on the material that he fails to understand. He does not grasp reality, is a poster child for the brady campaign, and as far as we are concerned is not to be paid attention. We also consider the trolls that frequent that blog to be lumped in with the author.”

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

ENDO-Mike July 27, 2012 at 03:47 pm

hahah golden!

Mac July 27, 2012 at 04:01 pm

ROCK.

Cougar July 27, 2012 at 04:03 pm

Derp big or go home

FlynnCastle July 27, 2012 at 04:34 pm

xpo172 July 30, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I don’t really care what they’re doing with their guns…. it’s kinda the WAY they are doing it that makes us all want to point and laugh. There is no practical use for the way they are dressed. They are literally playing dress up, filming it and putting it on the internet. It’s kinda odd that they take offense to it.
If I went all comic book hero and filmed myself playing D&D with a girl dressed like Lara Croft, I’d certainly expect some giggles on my youtube account.

tony July 27, 2012 at 04:35 pm

Mike i get the impression this guy really does hate you, or maybe its the fact his wife would put a round in your leg if she got a chance lol

clefx1 July 27, 2012 at 05:33 pm

Oh my gosh, their bios read like the back of a GI JOE action figure package.

dave w July 27, 2012 at 06:55 pm

i have already pre ordered my set of collectable vs action figures.

Frank July 27, 2012 at 10:54 pm

GI JOE vs Derps

Code Name: STALKER
Stalker was a warlord of a large urban street gang prior to enlistment. Fluent in Spanish, Arabic, French and Swahili. Graduated top of class- Basic Combat Training. Advanced Infantry Training (Top of Class). Special Training: U.S. Army Language School; Intelligence School. Qualified Expert: M-14; M-16; M-1911A1 (Auto-Pistol); M-3A1 Grease Gun; M-32 “Pulverizer” Sub-Machine Gun.

Compared to:
FidelisPatriot
Long time friend of VigilantDerpings, Fidelis has been designated as team Quarter Master (affectionately know as the Gear Nazi*) and responsible referring members to best equipment for the peso.

In additon to these derps, holding true to the Latin of his name, Fidelis (which means ‘derphole’) is also the team religious and moral derper, often times being a voice of reason in what can quickly become a “wolf pack”.

Role: Rifleman and Designated Riflederp

Strengths:
Medium Derp Marksmanship (-500m)
Decisive Leadership
Derp Proficiency

Primary Weapon, Rock River Arms LAR-15 Tactical Elite 2 (AR-15 Platform)
Secondary Weapon, Springfield XD-9mm

*****
My vote? The GI JOE has more qualifications, and my vote; furthermore, the GI JOE isn’t even real.

*Apparently they let Nazis in their group.

Croppedxout July 28, 2012 at 09:05 am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! I shit my pants!

Ben July 28, 2012 at 01:01 am

Wait, Wait. A Stag lower and a BCM upper = Custom built? I guess that makes my 6920 with Magpul furniture a freakin’ sniper rifle. Good to know.

Terry July 27, 2012 at 05:54 pm

“So, okay, I get that they are training, all of that aside. What are they training for? Never mind the HOW they conduct training, I’m curious as to WHY. Who are these people and what is it they do in the middle of nowhere with their guns and gear?”

Appearently you don’t real well, go to their website homepage it lays it out

CapitalistPig July 28, 2012 at 12:26 am

Shirley, you can’t be cereal.

Josh July 28, 2012 at 07:39 am

Appearently you don’t real well…

Apparently, you don’t spedd well.

Croppedxout July 28, 2012 at 09:06 am

uh oh… someone paid vigilant virgin $2000 for a weekend “training seminar”…

Jwhite July 27, 2012 at 06:10 pm

HAHAHA!!!! Check this YoutubeReply out

VigilantSpectre in reply to holdmyhandtv 2 hours ago”

dave w July 27, 2012 at 06:51 pm

Anything is better than shooting paper at the local range once a week and everyone needs a hobby, these guys seem to enjoy themselves so i don’t give a crap what they do.

Jwhite July 27, 2012 at 08:24 pm

with you on that. I’ve kinda hit a point where I want to progress and i feel like shooting paper at 1 shot per second, no double taps, no movement, no cover, no drawing from the holster no rapid fire, no drills, and pubic range nonsense isn’t moving any skill set forward.

Will July 28, 2012 at 08:48 pm

If I’m correct, Mr. Endo-mike does not care that they post videos and dress up and do stupid crap, it’s that they are trying to say that these are training videos for average citizens. If you want to get and shoot in some field with your buddies and post it up on youtube, great. But to pass this crap off to someone who might not know anything about firearms is wrong and stupid. Again, it’s great that they are training with their firearms and are having a good time and not doing anything illegal, but to try and sell this as training for average citizens is complete joke.

If they really want to be trainers for firearms, something like “each of us has attended the Gunsite Academy twice and once at Thunder Ranch” would give them some credibility rather then three guys and a guy who served in the navy but as a machinist.

Rydak July 28, 2012 at 12:43 am

The thing that kills me about these guys is that they profess themselves to be excellence in all things dangerous, yet from reading their bios, not a single one of them has much of any training if at all.

If they did, they would know WHY we all make so much fun of them, and maybe learn from it….cause oh, dear lord there is much to learn with these cats.

Charles July 28, 2012 at 07:17 am

Hmm, I am confused with who these folks are attempting to be. I mean I went over to the Civilian Marksmanship Program’s website, http://www.odcmp.com/, and did a search for Vigilante Spector or some combo of thier names and all I saw was a “That club name doesn’t exsist” pop up. I would think that these guys would want to make it big time at Camp Perry and show off thier mad skills of marksmanship to the folks at the National Meet there. I mean CMP now has a Service Rifle competition where one needs to just have an M1 Carbine, M1 Garand, M1903, M1917, M16 (or a civilian clone in 5.56mm), Krag-Jorgenson or finally an M14. It is all right there in the rule book, http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions/Rulebook.pdf

Unless these guys aren’t a marksmanship club, but rather a wannabe club where they dream up how to make CoD or MoH scenes from those games actually happen in real life. If not that then are they a club of folks who are police fanbois who couldn’t hack it at the Police Academy (or even into the Academy) and instead love to sit around with thier scanner working, the local radio code book in hand and fingering a pair of cuffs that they bought at the local surplus store; all while mumbling to themselves “Man if I was there it would be on like John McClane”

Josh July 28, 2012 at 07:46 am

… yet from reading their bios, not a single one of them has much of any training if at all…

Not true – one of them was in the Navy!

I don’t understand what possesses people to start websites like they have and post videos and invite the inevitable embarrassment. I’ll put them right up there with the people that audition for American Idol and have no talent whatsoever. Apparently getting some attention outweighs the fact that they’re embarrassing themselves.

Croppedxout July 28, 2012 at 09:20 am

I’m still gonna make fun of him for being a fatty. Vigilant Weightwatcher. “I WILL EVER STAND VILIGANT! NO TWINKIE SHALL PASS WITHOUT THE PROPER AUTHORIZATION FROM MY MOUTH. I MUST TASTE EVERYTHING IN MY PATH TO ENSURE IT’S SAFETY FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND THEIR WAY OF LIFE. FOR I AM THE PROTECTOR OF THE LUNCH LINE, THEN, NOW, AND FOREVER. ONE DAY I WILL SHOW SCOTT THOMPSON FROM 4TH GRADE THAT EVEN THOUGH I CANT JOG TO THE OTHER END OF THE PLAYGROUND, OR GO ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MONKEY BARS, I CAN STILL HAVE FRIENDS. IF I COME ACROSS ANY DAMSELS IN DISTRESS I WILL HONOR AND PROTECT THE VIRTUE OF THE BEAUTIFUL MAIDEN BEFORE ME. THEN AS I RETIRE TO MY BARRACKS IN THE BOTTOM OF MY MOTHERS BASEMENT, I SHALL ENTER THE MENTAL COMBINATION TO THE SPANK BANK IN MY MIND WHERE I HAVE STORED MY MOST CHERISHED MEMORIES OF PEOPLE TELLING ME HOW COOL I LOOK, THE 2010 MAGPUL CATALOG, A POSTER OF TRAVIS HALEY, THAT ONE SCENE IN ACT OF VALOR WHEN MY FAVORITE SEAL STOPS AN RPG WITH HIS IRON COCK, AND THAT TIME A GIRL LOOKED AT ME WHEN SHE DIDNT HAVE TO. I WILL THEN VISCIOUSLY, AND ABUSIVELY RAVAGE MY DICK FOR 34 SECONDS. UPON CLEAN UP, ILL MAKE MY MOTHER WASH MY SOCK. I AM THE DERPFENDER.”

Aftermath July 30, 2012 at 04:14 pm

I’m not sure he’d know who Travis Haley is.

Anomanom August 1, 2012 at 09:58 am

Apparently Fidelis is the “gear nazi” but when i first saw his vest I would have sworn it said “bear nazi”.