Defenders Of The DERP VS ENDO

VigilantSpectre makes an “Official Statement”:

Our official stance toward the endo blog is that its author knows little about firearms. He is a safety nazi drone that probably stores his weapons locked and unloaded. He craves attention and receives it by perpetuating falsehoods on the material that he fails to understand. He does not grasp reality, is a poster child for the brady campaign, and as far as we are concerned is not to be paid attention. We also consider the trolls that frequent that blog to be lumped in with the author.

That was from the comments on their latest youtube video.  Priceless…

Keep DERP alive in the gun community guys…. keep it alive…

I believe with VigilantSpectre we stumbled upon one of those rare cases of a group that is so dumb, they actually think they are smart.

Hopefully one day i’ll be able to understand the point of your videos.  That’s what you’re all about right?  Education?

Now if you’ll excuse me I have a lot of work ahead of me drafting some new Assault Weapons Ban verbiage for upcoming Brady Campaign speeches.  Oh shit, that slipped out…

Hat tip: Eric, Church, JWhite

Rydak July 28, 2012 at 12:33 am

Dear god, these children could learn allot from this and other blogs. They had a perfect opportunity to do so…several in fact. And now they take this stance…lol. Whatever are we to do.

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:44 pm

Don’t you get it Rydak? They are trying to educate US! We have nothing to teach them because they all ready know it all… oh yea and I know nothing about guns.

Beloved Veritas July 28, 2012 at 12:41 am

i rarely comment, but if that’s their response they obviously have not taken the time to read this blog (objectively at least). It reminds me of a comment a buddy of mine used to use. “they are obviously educated beyond their intelligence level.”

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:44 pm

haha yea that’s a good line.

Dillankid July 28, 2012 at 12:43 am

I’m glad to be lumped in with you guys…lol…ENDO trolls – F Yeah!

Vhyrus July 28, 2012 at 12:51 am

A guy who makes gun graphic tees and NFA shoulder stocks for Glocks knows little about firearms and is a Brady troll….

I think you could somehow make a T shirt out of this Mike.

Nate July 28, 2012 at 03:27 pm

I want a VirginalSpunkter t-shirt Mike!

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:45 pm

They would likely file another police report ahaha.

Rydak July 28, 2012 at 12:52 am

Yea, lol. The logic is sound. A long time well respected firearms blogger…”knows little about firearms”

Yet these guys, with absolutely zero formal training of any kind….are knowledgeable.

K, Sounds legit to me.

Tyson Adams July 28, 2012 at 12:53 am

From their webpage:
“The VigilantSpectre Team is a group of individuals, varying in experience level, that have come together to achieve a unified goal. The goal is to bring their training and readiness to a level superior to that of the average citizen. The team also strives to hold a level of trust and comradery that is important when training with dangerous things.”

I wonder if this skill improvement includes being able to facepaint and not feel self-consious about wearing webbing and camo clothes? When I play soldiers I’ve noticed my facepainting skills are lacking.

Calvin July 28, 2012 at 12:56 am

“…superior to that of the average citizen.”

Uhhhm, lofty goals raht thar! So that means they know which end to point and which end to hold?

Tyson Adams July 28, 2012 at 01:18 am

Woah, hold up there. You’re setting that bar awfully high for them. Knowing which end of the gun is which is something they have to train for remember.

Will July 28, 2012 at 09:22 am

You sir, own me a new ass, as I have laughed it off due to your comment.

Tyson Adams July 28, 2012 at 12:28 pm

The VigilantSpectre Team specialize in growing asses, I’ll see if I can get them to send you a new one.

hnl.flyboy July 31, 2012 at 01:29 am

LOL good one

ozwald July 28, 2012 at 03:43 pm

“The goal is to bring their training and readiness to a level superior to that of the average citizen.”

these cats are all about this.

Ben July 28, 2012 at 12:55 am

So I’m a troll now? Cool. I guess now that our Brady roots have been revealed, I need to shut down the firearms defense section of my law practice. Oh well, it had a good run.

AaronY July 28, 2012 at 01:08 am

A lie told often enough becomes the truth. I believe Lenin’s quote fits this shit.

Also coming form a bunch of dbags that beyond the typical youtube BS haven’t even done any Mil time, not saying you need some to be “high speed,” but with gear and multicam, I mean come on.

Michael July 28, 2012 at 01:25 am

Seriously, ENDO blog isn’t enough as far as these guys go. I think we need to reach a larger section of the internet on these D-bags.

Anyone who watches them and thinks about what the hell it is they’re portraying themselves as, against their chubby civvy reality, realizes how delusional and dangerous they are.

Real people are out there serving this country, putting their lives actually on the line, and these assholes are giving themselves callsigns and pretending they’re experts, heroes even- trying to win the fame and admiration of the ignorant.

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:48 pm

Well said Michael. I expect to see clips from their videos on CNN sooner or later making us all look bad once one of them stuffs some tannerite in their butthole and the other shoots it from 10 yards or something equally as ridiculous.

Steve July 28, 2012 at 01:52 am

I think they have ENDO confused with another blog that shall remain nameless.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have Michael Bloomberg on line 2.

Ed July 28, 2012 at 02:01 am

My official stance back to them:
“Fauxperator: N. the exasperatingly annoying mallninja with enough disposable income to actually afford most upper end firearms and gear despite a complete aversion to military service, formal training, or even exercise. Synonym: weekend warrior, CODude, Tactidude. Often attributed to being ‘douche bags’ by instructors like Larry Vickers and Pat Rogers.”
Stop buying magpul videos, diet, exercise, and get your asses to Gunsite, ThunderRanch, or *1 defense school before you hurt yourselves.

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:49 pm

Fauxperator… that has a nice ring to it. A lot of you guys are coming up with some killer terms lately haha.

Adam August 2, 2012 at 11:22 am

T-shirt with definition.

Pic of VS guys on the back.

I’d buy one.

USSMunkfish July 28, 2012 at 02:11 am

The butthurt is strong with this one. I cant wait to see what they make up next.

denver Chris July 28, 2012 at 03:17 am

well, mike, you might not know shit about guns, but at least you’re giving these guys a ton of views. how dare they disrespect you as they by giving you so little thankfulness. shame on them!

denver chris July 28, 2012 at 05:07 am

i mean “how dare they disrespect you by showing such ungratefulness!”

Dan July 28, 2012 at 05:33 am

You’re a poster child for the Brady Campaign? I never knew they were so fun and entertaining!

Jusuchin (Military Otaku) July 28, 2012 at 06:47 am

The difference between myself, and these retards.

Is that I keep my fantasies fantasy and I also don’t have the paychecque to get the tacticool.

Cry some moar.

Kevin July 28, 2012 at 07:02 am

I feel like these are the type of guys that buy “zombie defense ammo”.

Critter July 28, 2012 at 08:34 am

yeah, they would be the *ahem* target demographic.

dave w July 28, 2012 at 11:58 am

hey, i was looking for that just the other day.

Critter July 28, 2012 at 08:33 am

“experience level”? this sounds like gamer speak.

these guys are amateurs of the first water.

bima July 28, 2012 at 08:55 am

F**K !! F**K !! F**K !! this is hilarious !! HAHAHAHAHAHA.. *being the last person in the office, I literally was laughing loud* :D

their whole statement was so derptastic !!

Ed July 28, 2012 at 08:56 am

HAHAHA, now they’re starting in on me, this should be good.

We’re safe enough. Dont knock it til you’ve tried it. That’s all I’m gonna say.
CombatWombat1987 in reply to xReggaDx (Show the comment) 44 minutes ago

I never mentioned safety–I mentioned the fact that your bs couchpotato shit is not being vigilant or preparing you. If anything, you’re LARPing.
If you went to any of the major firearms schools around this country and pulled these kinds of antics, you’d be shown the door. Instead of dropping a couple grand in an AR that shoots better than you–buy a plane ticket, and attend a real school.
There is NO SUCH THING as “Safe Enough.” “Enough” implies the bare minimum.
xReggaDx in reply to CombatWombat1987 1 second ago

Jared July 28, 2012 at 12:24 pm

LARPing. I’ve never thought of it like that but you are totally correct.

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:52 pm

hahah good point about it being LARPing

Croppedxout July 28, 2012 at 09:02 am

Don’t pay too much heed to these fools. Vigilant spectre was especially butthurt last night because his friends were coming over to play a 29 hour Battlefield 3 session so he texted his Mom to remind her to bing nachos and the bitch forgot fucking nachos. Not only that, instead of sour cream and chive Ruffles she bought Lays… ignorant ass. Doesn’t she know the difference?! One cuts the roof of his mouth up after only 2 bags!!

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:53 pm

Heath July 28, 2012 at 09:16 am

ENDO Troll …. that sounds like a great new design for a new shirt. Or perhaps a Safety Nazi one with a finger off the trigger?

Jared July 28, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I second the Safety Nazi shirt.

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:54 pm

I like the idea for lolz… but the negative connotations of the word “Nazi” tell me I should probably stay away from that one.

Croppedxout July 30, 2012 at 08:42 am

Safety National Socialist… hahaha Or just spell “NAZI” like “NOT-C”

Pop N Fresh July 29, 2012 at 11:40 am

maybe just endo with a cigar cutter looking at the hand of a guy with his finger on the trigger

Will July 28, 2012 at 09:21 am

“that probably stores his weapons locked and unloaded”

Uhhh…..doesn’t everyone do this? Unloaded, trigger lock and in a closet/safe? (Except CC/HD firearms) I can’t be the only one that was brought up this way.

ozwald July 28, 2012 at 09:36 pm

i keep all my gear good to go because you never know when your little buddies are gonna need you to play cowboys and indians.

Jim P. July 29, 2012 at 08:52 am

Shouldn’t that be:

I keep all my gear good to go because you never know when your little buddies are gonna need you to play cowboys and Muslims.

Adam August 2, 2012 at 11:27 am

Wicked burn.

Terry July 28, 2012 at 10:26 am

Weak at best mike weak at best. Jealousy

dave w July 28, 2012 at 10:38 am

yes mike stop being so jealous

sirkut July 28, 2012 at 10:31 am

Its not tacticool. It’s larpticool.

Critter July 28, 2012 at 10:49 am

if this were Facebook i’d like this ’till my pointer finger went numb.

James M&P July 28, 2012 at 11:09 am

If you thought James Yeager was a douche these guys stole the crown. Gunstore Commandos.

Reply July 28, 2012 at 11:23 am

hahahaha LARPing! That’s a great name for what they are doing. Only LARP participants are generally more aware of the dangers of playing with real weapons!

Ed July 28, 2012 at 11:32 am

Well, they couldn’t get cammie lightening bolts.

Bear July 28, 2012 at 12:30 pm

This guy…Vigilant Derp…

His group is a complete joke. They think they’re some kind of militia. Hey derpingtons, if you really WERE a militia, I wouldn’t post my stuff on the internet. Keep your trade secrets (or apparent lack thereof) secret. Just my two cents.

Jim P. July 28, 2012 at 02:18 pm

I wouldn’t post on the internet that I’m preparing for the collapse or what I have in my stores.

But I bet you they forgot to stock a room full of toilet paper. They’ll need to have a lot so they can wipe up after all the shit they spew.

Rydak July 28, 2012 at 02:20 pm

To be honest, I feel kinda bad for them.

I mean, all they have to do is just S.T.O.P….stop reading shit on the internet. SLOW DOWN, attend a basic course, learn some shit and it will grow from there naturally. They cant reinvent the wheel when they are making is with four sides. Others who are riding on wheeled vehicles will know. Now the only question is…when will they become ‘self-aware’

mlk18 July 28, 2012 at 03:18 pm

When will the ENDO TROLL 4 LIFE t-shirts be available?

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:56 pm

^ I’ll put that on the list :P

Enfieldem2 July 28, 2012 at 04:12 pm

Well this wasn’t surprising, but rather over the top. But can I accuse vigilant whatever of being Brady campaign trolls themselves? If people like that wake up in the morning thinking they are going to make gun owners look bad then they succeed. Personally I think numnuts like this are a much bigger threat to legal gun ownership than any college professor or other dry intellectual they parade out on the talk shows to say “guns are bad mmkay”.

Double July 28, 2012 at 04:32 pm

So at first I thought this was a basic case of internet trolling, and that these guys can’t be that bad. Being unable to view Youtube videos due to bandwidth issues right now I decided to look at their webpage.

I’m not even sure where to being… so I’ll just say this.

VigliantSpecter- Stop… please… just stop… That hole you’re digging WILL get deeper and you won’t end up in a “tacticool” wonderland.

dave w July 28, 2012 at 04:46 pm

There are 2 ways to make good revenue on youtube
1 – make something the people want to watch. kinda tricky to predict the formula for that
2 – make something people will be unable to not watch. best done with the 3rd party help of unknowing sucker forums and blogs.

as long as the ammo money keeps coming in expect to see more.

Rydak July 28, 2012 at 05:39 pm

If he is doing this for YouTube money while posting his face and appearing in the video….NOT worth the money. The damage to personal and professional reputation is something that no amount of money could possibly balance.

ENDO-Mike July 28, 2012 at 05:42 pm

At a grand total of under 500k views across all their videos, I can tell you already that they don’t make shit off their views every month.

dave w July 28, 2012 at 06:27 pm

yet, with the mike marketing machine running they will soon take over the world!!!!

BrowningBottoms July 28, 2012 at 06:04 pm

This would make a good “what not to do” video. If only they recognized this fact.

Church July 28, 2012 at 07:09 pm

I love this shit. Mike, I really, really hope a t-shirt design comes from this post!

John July 28, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Since they lost count on how many shots were fired on that last video, can we get them to drop the “Vigilant” part?

Rydak July 29, 2012 at 12:05 am

Na, they wont, looks like the entire outfit is one guy who uses the name of the outfit….or the other way around…whatever.

Personally , I think he should call the police again. When they show up, he should ask them what they think if his tactics.

“Officer, why are they insulting me? I just don’t get it”

BrowningBottoms July 29, 2012 at 12:29 am

I just wanna see them dive into a tractor tire full of water and call that an “over the beach test” again.

Rydak July 29, 2012 at 02:06 pm

I would bet a good sum that one of those wankers “modified” that Glock, you know….to make it better, cause some of the best engineers in the world at Glock could not figure it out themselves. As a Glock armor, one of the most common “modifications” I see is clipping of the spring. you know, to make it work better. :)

Cuban Pete July 29, 2012 at 12:52 am

I guess I’m one of the trolls that they refer too.

Rick July 29, 2012 at 05:31 pm

These Vigilant Spectre tools are amazing , the local surplus store or whatever mail order site they use must love them . All decked out in the latest gear and doodads , including some sweet brittish desert cammo gear and boonie caps .. These stupid fools lifted or done any PT in years , if ever … It will be a riot when they get tagged with some weapons violations and sent to club fed for a while …

Linoge July 30, 2012 at 06:10 am

I believe the phrase you are looking for is “Dunning-Kruger Effect“.

They meet all four checkpoints, though the last one may be suspect:

Kruger and Dunning proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:
– tend to overestimate their own level of skill;
– fail to recognize genuine skill in others;
– fail to recognize the extremity of their inadequacy;
– recognize and acknowledge their own previous lack of skill, if they are exposed to training for that skill

On the other side of this debate, this VigilantSpectre circle-jerk goes to prove that no amount of high-speed-low-drag tacticool gear will make up for being overweight, unskilled, incompetent grown men playing dress-up. I would write about this idiocy myself and give them another site to speciously malign out of their own ignorance, but damned if I can force myself to sit through that much concentrated stupidity in a single go…

cc19 July 30, 2012 at 11:29 am

“He does not grasp reality, is a poster child for the brady campaign, and as far as we are concerned is not to be paid attention.”

How ironic!

Double July 31, 2012 at 02:19 am

Saw this photo on The Chive and instantly thought of VS and his crew…