AK-47-AR-15-M4gery Assault Rifle With Target Grip And VFG

Editorial cartoon troll at its finest:

Looks like somebody watched Echelon Conspiracy.

The only thing I’m slightly impressed with is that they managed to capture the essence of the curvature the 7.62x39mm magazine has.  I’m sure that was on purpose *eye roll*.

At least with sights like that the shooter would just be hitting the ceiling.  Although since the rifle has a pistol grip, a high capacity assault magazine and a vertical fore grip (VFG) the damage is bound to be incomprehensible.

Hat tip: Kev

BrowningBottoms July 29, 2012 at 12:20 am

“Although since the rifle has a pistol grip, a high capacity assault magazine and a vertical fore grip (VFG) the damage is bound to be incomprehensible.”

Don’t forget the “shoulder thing that goes up.” ;)

This made me laugh a lot:

“At least with sights like that the shooter would just be hitting the ceiling.”

To think someone wasted who knows how long drawing that. Must’ve been on the toilet, watching “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” at the time.

Church July 29, 2012 at 12:25 am

Wow, wtf? Way to go…

ThatGuy July 29, 2012 at 12:43 am

I’m not sure how the cartoon is intended, but I read it as “gun control doesn’t work.”

klyph July 29, 2012 at 02:57 am

It’s a caricature of an “assault rifle” not a technical schematic and the text makes a good point.

James M&P July 29, 2012 at 03:02 am

I have one of those! lol

bg July 29, 2012 at 07:07 am

Total Failure. No sinister muzzle device.

Doug July 29, 2012 at 07:29 am

Mike, I think you’re being too hard on the drawing and not praising the message enough. I hope this cartoon was actually printed in newspapers because sheeple need to see this.

JRKey July 29, 2012 at 07:39 am

I think i’m missing the humor in this…probably because only someone in support of gun control would get it.

Komodo Saurian July 29, 2012 at 08:26 am

The humour is that a criminal is not going to ask for a permission to use a gun, you silly wackjob. Taking the guns away from civilians by law will effectively restrict gun use to public shootings and other related activities.

Komodo Saurian July 29, 2012 at 08:19 am

Lovely sarcasm, I like it.

hydepark July 29, 2012 at 11:54 am

Didn’t we all agree to start calling them standard capacity mags?

BrowningBottoms July 29, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I prefer to call them fuel cells. When you use the automotive analogy it makes more sense to the uninformed.

natas July 29, 2012 at 01:37 pm

Is it pointing out that these are the only places that restrict citizen carry? I cant tell if this is pro gun or anti gun????

Doug July 29, 2012 at 01:43 pm

It’s saying that gun control effectively makes gun free zones (movie theaters, malls etc) the only place that shootings will happen, because that’s where good people are disarmed.

Perhaps the wording could’ve been better on the cartoon considering so many people aren’t getting it.

PPGMD July 29, 2012 at 04:36 pm

That could just as easily be an AWB legal AR-15. No muzzle device, fix the stock, and it could be a 10 round magazine that simply looks like a 30 round magazines with a bullet button.

Most liberals don’t realize how pointless the AWB was. It was a looks ban.

ENDO-Mike July 29, 2012 at 05:57 pm

haha you and I obviously have different tolerance levels for artistic licences taken when it comes to firearms.

dave w July 29, 2012 at 08:40 pm

i like the very bat-wing-ed influence in the stock, pistol grip and sight/handle.

cc19 July 30, 2012 at 11:18 am
Tom January 19, 2013 at 11:45 pm

What the fuck bro…lol it’s like looking at a cartoon and saying the guys head is too big. He looks down and he’d execute a front flip. Really? Reeeeaaaaalllly!? I’m mean….reeeeealllly? That’s all you came up with? Those sights would hit the ceiling. Lol who the fuck are you? Lol…at least I got a good laugh. It’s a …CARTOON….dumbass!

Look up the term…

Cartoon = Noun
A simple drawing showing the features of its subjects in an EXAGGERATED way, esp. in a newspaper or magazine.

DUMBASS!