FPS Russia’s Cameraman Takes One For The Team

Shrapnel that is.  It was only a matter of time:

(Source)

Lucky that piece of shrapnel didn’t find its way to FPS’ designer sunglasses instead.  Although on the up side he would have transformed from a fake Russian to a real pirate in an instant.  I could see him embracing that…

Wear proper eye protection, and don’t stand too close to hard targets and exploding targets!

Hat tip: Tyson

Dan The Viking August 1, 2012 at 12:53 am

What a dick.

Frank August 1, 2012 at 02:47 am

FPS Asshole is more like it.

Bob Chair October 9, 2012 at 09:49 pm

the only asshole here is you man FPS Russia is awesome

bima August 1, 2012 at 02:54 am

Linoge August 1, 2012 at 06:40 am

And now I will have a very good response to Machinima’s request that I pimp for FPS…

ENDO-Mike August 1, 2012 at 01:48 pm

Ha you got that too? Apparently I had too many questions about how it would benefit me, because Cathy stopped responding to me 12 days ago.

Mark August 1, 2012 at 11:03 am

It was only a matter of time if you watched how the videos were made. It wasn’t totally terrible, but lacked a lot in the safety department.

Church August 2, 2012 at 05:26 pm

Absolutely!

2Wheels August 1, 2012 at 02:02 pm

All the naysayers who tell us “safety nazis” to STFU… What now? It really was only a matter of time, luckily that doesn’t look too bad.

Now, how much longer til someone REALLY gets hurt? Anyone wanna take bets?

Enfieldem2 August 1, 2012 at 03:44 pm

Well, that was bound to happen sooner or later, what do you want to bet they won’t tighten up safety procedures as a result?

J August 1, 2012 at 10:52 pm

He had it coming, this fool is irresponsible as hell. Although the guns he shoots are awesome, he isn’t the safest at times. I have no problem with it, because i’m not the one risking injury. I just get to watch from the safety of my home and laugh at him. I enjoy muting the videos until he fires the gun, can’t stand his voice but love the gunfire.

bima August 2, 2012 at 07:19 pm

i had a 14 year old calling me an ignorant faggot for pointing out safety issues in one of FPS video.
i think his video audience are stupid kids who play too much call of duty / battlefield.
and i heard he will be having his own line of firearm products or something (i wonder how that will turn out)

Ranger G (of the forest type) August 2, 2012 at 01:07 am

Thoughts? I think the inability to properly distinguish between “fragments” and “shrapnel” is as big a deal as the inability to properly distinguish between a “magazine” and a “clip.” So says the gun grammar grouch….

ENDO-Mike August 2, 2012 at 01:44 pm

I took it as he caught a ricochet. I don’t really care for debating semantics, but according to the dictionary definition “fragments from any type of shell” are classified as shrapnel.

Evan August 2, 2012 at 09:06 am

Evolution/natural selection working as intended.

DaveP. August 3, 2012 at 06:38 pm

Cheap lesson, considering how much it could have cost. Let’s hope it gets taken to heart before the price goes up.

Austin August 5, 2012 at 12:10 am

Can everyone please Shut The Fuck Up. Goddamn.

FPS RUSSIA RULES August 6, 2012 at 09:22 pm

fps russia rules!!!!!!!!!!!

joao August 11, 2012 at 02:31 am

seriously people stop an fps russia talking shit.. im no a fps russiafanboy but.. you alll can clearly see that he know how to shoot the guns and he is pretty damn fucking good with it. you see alot of people on the military who cant shoot better than him(on range that is,being effective on battle is another thing) and his videos are not really that dangerous and sometimes i cant imagine nothing bad happening.. but well yeah this one was pretty damn stupid.. to blow up a fucking refrigerator that close was a little bit too far and stupid.. but thats the first time he does something like this… or the second maybe lol

bima August 11, 2012 at 09:12 am

let’s blow up a fridge with us being in the blast radius.. YOLO !!

broseph January 15, 2013 at 11:41 am

Dude, he knows how to work weaponry but, definitely isn’t an explosives expert. The only lesson I see here is, “we need a bomb guy to safely do this.”
Get off the high horse.

Tom January 19, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I like his juvenile videos. They are pretty funny. I especially enjoyed how he pronounces Saiga incorrectly.lol I guess he’s just junior high level Russian.

All I gotta say is Rocky IV biotch!