Long Range Suppressive Fire In Lebanon

Scope zeroed for minute of moon:

(Source)

Deadly.  I wonder if he heads up a Sunni equivalent of Vigilant Spectre?

Hat tip: Eric, Chris

D Larsen August 12, 2012 at 12:09 am

My guess is the vigilant Spectre derps aren’t too fond of anyone who isn’t a white Protestant and there’s probably a lot if bin laden targets still in use

Jacob B August 12, 2012 at 12:33 am

niiiice…

M August 12, 2012 at 02:06 am

i will never understand the appeal of putting a telescopic site on an A1/A2. There is so much distance between the scope and the bore that it is useless except for the range that you target it at.

A buddy tried to put a 5×20 on his, gave up after not being able to transition between 50 and 100 yards. if it was sighted at 50 it would be way high at 100, and if sighted at 100 way low at 50.

BBJones August 13, 2012 at 01:21 pm

height over bore will not affect 0. You are experiencing ballistic drop or something is mechanically wrong. Also, could be parallax since it is very difficult to have a consistent shooting position with the scope that high (thus why this is a dumb setup).

Hard_Harry August 12, 2012 at 07:27 am

I don’t think he’s got enough clearance on that scope, I’m guessing he’s gonna need taller rings.

DoubleTap August 12, 2012 at 07:31 am

Operators gonna operate……

overkill556x45 August 12, 2012 at 09:05 am

This is what I imagine most newer “training” schools teach. Along with how to clear your house when you hear a noise at night, and how to use a knife as a primary weapon.

MikeyMike August 12, 2012 at 09:20 am

I think he is your average /k/ommando

Ted N August 12, 2012 at 02:35 pm

Well, at least he looks like he’s having fun. That’s what’s really important, right? Getting more new shooters shooting? Right?

dave w August 12, 2012 at 02:54 pm

if you follow the source link check out the guy on the left in photo 7

Andy B August 12, 2012 at 04:13 pm

He’s got so much stuff bolted on there I can’t even see the rifle.

willy wonka August 12, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Lol an AMD with a scope, laser, two flashlights?, and a grip-pod

Church August 12, 2012 at 05:00 pm

Oh my…. There’s not a whole lot of things right in this photo…

Enfieldem2 August 12, 2012 at 05:27 pm

Sadly from what I have read about these conflicts if vigilant specter showed up to help the locals would spend at least 5 minutes fawning over their gear.

Then appoint them as shooting instructors.

As sloppy and borderline suicidal as those assholes are at least they have some firearms experience, these guys barely know which end the bullets come out.

But I do wonder where this chap got his upper? Pistol upper purchased during a visit to the states? Or somehow he was able to scrounge up a commando model in the middle east where such things are relatively rare.

D Larsen August 12, 2012 at 05:52 pm

Haha I dont doubt that training militias is the VS derp goal in life.

Jim P. August 13, 2012 at 03:00 pm

You know what’s scary — I can see your VS scenario as real.

Mitch August 12, 2012 at 07:39 pm

small ass stock there… or is he just that big? in fact that gun just looks SMALL. like not right… almost comical. his entire hand fills up the front covers and the mag looks palm sized. is that an airsoft gun?

DaveP. August 13, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Nah, it’s real. First, he’s a beefy kinda guy; second, the AR he’s using has that teeny short barrel the Israelis like to use; both throw perspective off.

FarmerJoe August 12, 2012 at 09:22 pm

You’d understand the scope set up better if he were wearing his dress diaper on his head. Unfortunately, I think he’s just coming out of Wrigley after a Cubbies game.

AZRon August 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm

That’s just wrong. Bubba looks capable of carrying a .50BMG as a shoulder weapon, yet somebody decided that it was a good idea to equip him with a poodle shooter whose scope/bore axis must verge on 6 inches.

Were I a betting man, I’d put my money on a dedicated Hi-Point opponent.

cmblake6 August 12, 2012 at 11:17 pm

MUCH shorter scope rings would help.

Hard_Harry August 13, 2012 at 10:45 am

What is it with these people and their aversion to using the damn butt stock?!

Critter August 13, 2012 at 06:42 pm

it’s a technique known as “Beriut Off Hand”.

Enfieldem2 August 13, 2012 at 05:28 pm

Ah aversion to using the butt stock, that I can explain. Years of watching bad action movies has illustrated that if you are a real mambo you can fire hundreds of rounds from the hip and hit all of your targets, if sights are an unnessecary luxury how would such people feel about a stock?

During the Mumbai massacre some eyewitness said, “you could tell they were military trained, they were firing as fast as they could from the hip!”

Hard_Harry August 13, 2012 at 09:10 pm

Yeah I kind of forgot those folks have no clue what that annoying little notch just behind the wood is. Well other than maybe a rudimentary bottle opener.

DaveP. August 13, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Like ‘em that way. Lord preserve me from bad guys who know how to shoot.

Tom January 19, 2013 at 06:29 pm

Everybody is an expert in scope placement and small unit tactics. Lol god damn couch commandos. Shit.

As for the moron in this photo…little does he know that the 72 virgins he was promised in janna just saw what he looks like and ran off. Instead, he is now anxiously awaited by 72 well hung virgin bulls. Jokes on him.