TankVest – Tactical Molle Storage System For Your Motorcycle

This is hella tactical:

Easy to install with straps and buckles. Available for the Kawasaki KLR650, KTM950/990, and some Harley Davidson bikes.  Kind of hipster choices, not?  I would have expected them to go more mainstream with Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, and Kawasaki; cruiser, sport, and touring versions.  If that was the case every cowwadoody kid with a bike licence would be rocking one of these things with pouches filled with twinkies and cheetos.

You can purchase one and/or check out more info over at TankVest.com

If you have one of those bikes they currently make the vest for, after your purchase I recommend hitting up 5.11 and buying right and left handed pistol holsters, pouches to hold several backup mags for those pistols, more pouches to hold at least a dozen AR-15 magazines, and at least one trauma kit for when you try some stupid shooting-while-riding-tom-cruise-mission-impossible type shit that you’re not operator enough to pull off.

Hat tip: Dale

Poppy August 31, 2012 at 12:04 am

This has gone too far.

Rob G August 31, 2012 at 12:10 am

Ok, great. Now park your bike with all your tacticool stuff stuffed onto it and go into a building with no line of sight back to it.

Ain’t happening, is it? Of course not. That’s why we bikers have saddle bags. Carry it or stow it, but never leave it in plain sight.

dave w August 31, 2012 at 12:46 am

maybe those 2 choices are because those bikes are used by some military units somewhere? and they were already making this stuff for them? idk
i mean, when you wheelie out the back of a c130 over some butfuckistan, places to hook gear to would be nice.

dave w August 31, 2012 at 12:53 am

oooohhh, they make a diesel klr 650 for the marines, maybe i was right

junyo August 31, 2012 at 10:24 am

Yep, the Hayes Diversified Technologies M1030M1.

Saxon August 31, 2012 at 12:59 am

Do they have spaces for ballistic plates? gotta protect your tank while operatin!

Frank August 31, 2012 at 08:23 am

+1,

Jim P. August 31, 2012 at 02:07 am

I think this is what you store for after the meltdown. Then with the shotgun breaching attachment you can kick ass and take names.

Big Jake August 31, 2012 at 02:59 am

Not hipster bikes at all, the are both adventure bikes. The idea is to have a road bike you can take pretty much anywhere ya like within reason

stickfigure August 31, 2012 at 04:58 am

I planned on putting a rack on the handle bars of a Honda XR650R for an M107A1…so this is rather tame.

Loser on disability August 31, 2012 at 06:07 am

KLR and KTM are two of the only off road bikes which are also street legal.

newcastleadam August 31, 2012 at 08:54 am

Most manufacturers offer dual-sport bikes. Along with Kawasaki and KTM Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, Husky, Husqvarna, BMW, Beta, and Aprilia all have models. And I’m sure I left out some.

Mike at Tank Vest August 31, 2012 at 06:49 am

I’d like to make a correction to the blurb. The Tank Vest attaches by military grade buckles. We do not use magnets and the Tank Vest is quick detachable.

The Tank Vest is primarily designed for adventure riders, adventure touring, military, law enforcement and those with a need to have access to specific items while seated on the bike. There are many dual sport motorcycles that we will be patterning including the BMW line, Honda, Husqvarna, Yamaha, etc.

We have also made a version for some Harley Davidsons.

Thanks,

Mike

ENDO-Mike August 31, 2012 at 05:51 pm

Got it.. i’ll change the description to exclude the mention of magnets.

Mike at Tank Vest August 31, 2012 at 07:12 pm

Thanks! If you guys have any questions, let me know, I’m more than happy to answer.

I’ve been browsing your site here and I like it. Wish I’d known about it before now.

Mike

paul kimble August 31, 2012 at 07:04 am

gay tank cover but hipster bikes?

vespa, puch mopeds, honda dream, bsa, norton or any 70’s bike stripped naked or cafe racered out with an ever increading number of hipsters on ducatis. even some on that bmw r1200gs enduro abomination

KTM and Kawi no. do you feel the same about XR650r or a Husky
TE511?

shame on you endo sir.

GSX1000r master race here.

PJ August 31, 2012 at 07:40 am

This seems like another “tactical” item that would be really practical for a fairly small number of people, but that most of the potential market would just buy for looks.

stickfigure August 31, 2012 at 09:40 am

XR650L is street legal as well.

Bull August 31, 2012 at 09:53 am

seems like a good alternative to existing tankbags. and much more versatile :-)

junyo August 31, 2012 at 10:31 am

If you were an adventure tourer, I could see this as a viable alternative to a regular tank bag for quick access stuff. Needs a grab handle up top and a couple of strap loops so you can pull it off and carry or sling it.

Church August 31, 2012 at 03:46 pm

Some of you guys are hating on this, but I think it’s kinda sweet! And Mike, as always your description is awesome!

overkill556x45 August 31, 2012 at 07:16 pm

Seems like a pretty useful toy on an enduro or off-road bike. I would strap some dump pouches and canteen pouches to it. I used to herd cattle on a small Honda dirtbike as a kid. Would have been nice to be able to carry a couple quarts of cold water on those July and August days before there was such a thing as a Camelbak.

dave w August 31, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I bet you could sell these to aussies, i used to know guys that spent days on dirt bikes on those ranches.

Bucko August 31, 2012 at 10:52 pm

i would think these guys would have more than enough use for a item like that. http://youtu.be/qtcd1kSdlQY

Johnny Come Lately August 31, 2012 at 10:59 pm

That’s weird, the only guys I know who are excited about this idea are legit grunts who are avid riders and tend to eschew the vidja games, but I guess it wouldn’t be as much fun to present a new thing without dismissing it out of hand.

Krashdavit December 19, 2013 at 07:45 pm

I saw an ad on kijiji, a private sale of a former canadian military owned ktm exc 530. The poster told me that it was one of 4 units bought in the UAE Aand it was deployed in Afghanistan, where he rode it. He did not give me the details of his or the bike’s tasking, but something like this could be put to good use under those circumstances. Around the Western Hemisphere, well, you’re rolling the dice. Btw, a right side pistol holster would be kinda dumb…

blackmarketmotorcycles May 5, 2014 at 06:47 pm

Not sure about the tank but is there a molle seat cover and saddlebag combo out there for military harley riders?

scott wogan August 10, 2014 at 01:47 pm

I I have to say I am amazed at all the naysayers for this system. there are way more pouches available for molle these days then holsters and mag pouches. I put one on my KLR and now have 2 molle hydration pouches and a compact admin pouch with a fold-out map case. because the hydration bags have molle on the outside of them I can add smaller pouches for first aid and other items. this is a well thought out and very well made product that installs and comes off in about 30 seconds. Molly isn’t just for military posers anymore, it is for people who want a functional, versatile, and durable system 4 storing and transporting many necessities.

scott wogan August 10, 2014 at 01:50 pm

I have to say I am amazed at all the naysayers for this system. There are way more pouches available for molle these days than holsters and mag pouches. I put one on my KLR and now have 2 molle hydration pouches (6 liters total) and a compact admin pouch with a fold-out map case. because the hydration bags have molle on the outside of them I can add smaller pouches for first aid and other items. This is a well thought out and very well made product that installs and comes off in about 30 seconds. Civilian molle isn’t just for military posers anymore, it is for people who want a functional, versatile, and durable system fot storing and transporting many necessities.