The Four Rules Of Gun Safety

Meet Shelley Rae; a sassy eligible attractive red headed bachelorette who can shoot circles around most guys:

Nothing new here but her approach is nice and personable. Plus I know most of you guys like seeing anything to do with girls and guns.

From creepin checking out her facebook page I see she named her cat “Molle”… epic.

This girl used to work at a shooting range, she is the editor for the Western Shooting Journal, she runs a blog called Guns Cars Booze, she owns a microbrewery, and she is a world class chef.  ( fine I made the last two up, but who knows they might be true… :) )

What do you guys think?  Looks too good to be true to me… might be a trap. haha

Poppy August 31, 2012 at 12:11 am

Man, I would do UNGODLY things to that woman. Like take her out on dates and then respect the SHIT out of her.

Will August 31, 2012 at 09:52 am

Blasphemer! We all know women are assigned to us for life by the church. Respect them? Why? Their mortal soul is bound to us until they die anyway, so why mess about with that? A womans place is barefoot in the kitchen, preferably pregnant! Your newfangled inventions “dates” and “respect” are an affront to all godfearing men!

Fortunately for me, I’m not the churchgoing type. I’d do the same ungodly things :D

Church August 31, 2012 at 03:55 pm

YES! Poppy you are awesome!

Poppy August 31, 2012 at 05:48 pm
Frank August 31, 2012 at 09:45 pm

@ poppy, would you also tell her you don’t own guns?

shockfish08 August 31, 2012 at 01:08 am

I have had the pleasure of chatting with this gal at our local range in Bellevue WA, first thing I said about that “snakeskin” pattern was that if she ever went to a club with fishnets it would blend in perfectly :P We all had a good laugh about that. Sadly she doesn’t dig the Glocks :(

USSMunkfish August 31, 2012 at 01:20 am

I use to live in Puyallup a few years back, I wonder if I could get a job with Planetary Resour– Who am I kidding, I’d never have a chance with her.

Jim P. August 31, 2012 at 02:28 am

The one I noticed after a while in was her D.A.R. t-shirt. They apparently are no longer made.

I can handle watching her for a while.

SouthpawByNW August 31, 2012 at 09:42 pm

DAR shirts are still made, but like all Chive shirts sell out about as fast as they are made available.

Jeep August 31, 2012 at 02:34 am

1″30 in the video and I’m already fed up. I’ll watch it through later, but it is just because she is hot.
I don’t care about her
First, the light is bad. Terribly bad. If she wants to continue in this youtube crap, she’d better not cut on the electricity bill and light the f***ing room up! Take Buck Yeager as an example (for lights I mean… ;-) ). All his videos have a decent light and we can see perfectly his magnificent goatee.
Then, she is talking way too much and not showing enough (I’m still talking about guns!). I mean, she pretends she’s gonna teach us everything we have to know about firearms and stuff, but she just insists that this is a magazine and not a clip, not saying why. Come on, it’d take you 3 seconds.

Enough of this redhead so far, I go back to work…

Jeep August 31, 2012 at 03:47 am

I forgot to finish my third sentence.
*I don’t care about her shooting skills, I guess she is definitively better than most people. Better than me for sure.*

Loser on disability August 31, 2012 at 06:10 am

She’s not as hot as she thinks she is. 6/10

Al T. August 31, 2012 at 07:27 am

She’s as hot as I think she is……….

Phil C August 31, 2012 at 02:12 pm

touche

xpo172 August 31, 2012 at 06:49 am

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a crush on Shelly.

Caleb August 31, 2012 at 09:34 am

Unless she forgot to mention something really important to me this morning, she’s not single. Sorry guys. ;-)

Will August 31, 2012 at 09:54 am

Partypooper :p

Then again, pretty redhead into guns, what appears to be a nice personality.. if she was single, all kinds of alarm bells would go off in my mind :D

Jeep August 31, 2012 at 10:40 am

What’s wrong with your lights at home then?
;-)

ENDO-Mike August 31, 2012 at 01:19 pm

I heard rumors online about you and her, I didn’t know if they were true though! Keep up the good work Caleb.

Caleb August 31, 2012 at 04:04 pm

For once the internet was correct about something!

elephantrider August 31, 2012 at 02:07 pm

Wow, 7 minutes on the 4 firearms rules. I’m not even gonna waste my time on that. I get that this is her first Youtube video and all, but most first time shooters don’t go to Youtube to learn safety before they go shoot for the first time. Usually it is up to friends, family, or a rangemaster to give the first time safety breif anyway. If you want to up the viewership, up the production value and the technical/training knowledge transfer.

Why do you guys all assume she is a better shooter than yourselves? It’s not like you can see her targets. She may be phenominal, but I wouldn’t know from this or any of the other videos I’ve seen her in because I’ve never seen any targets or scores (like a lot of people who post vids of themselves shooting).

Church August 31, 2012 at 03:57 pm

Videos like these are always boring to me, but she is hot and having knowledgable women talk about firearms is always good in my opion.

Adam August 31, 2012 at 05:19 pm

Thought she looked familiar… Still featured on the WCA contact page. I’m sure it’s not an oversight, she’s easy on the eyes.

theblackknight August 31, 2012 at 10:29 pm

She writes for those hacks at guntnuts, with the short guy and the newbs!

Steve September 1, 2012 at 09:39 am

This video is sophomoric and annoying. She adds in far too much vocal fry and she is not explaining the subject in a simple enough way. Furthermore, the video is more about her than the supposed subject matter. For example, who takes up the majority of pixels?

The best types of videos like this are bench close ups with the subject taking up 90% or more of the video frame. Try again.

TheRealDave September 4, 2012 at 02:35 pm

I am pretty sure that you remove the magazine from a firearm before checking the chamber if you are clearing it.

Then I stopped watching.

Tom January 18, 2013 at 06:10 pm

Hey at least it’s not that nutnfancy guy!