Ammo Prices

MrColionNoir on the expensive food we need to buy for our guns:

This is exactly why I buy ammo bulk in advance, rather than a few boxes day of.  It hurts less on actual shooting days because you spent the money so long ago.

I guess I could buy a .22 and shoot with that. But lets not kid ourselves we all know that .22s are for arthritic grandmothers, kids, and people that don’t shoot that often.  I want to shoot with the caliber I carry, not the caliber that my mini-me carries.

hahah nice.  MrColionNoir is in the new black ENDO Apparel Run Guns t-shirt pictured left.  The shirt is guaranteed to get some dirty looks just because it says guns on it… happens to be me every time I wear it out.  I assume the RUN DMC homage is away over a lot of people’s heads and they simply assume the t-shirt supports weapons trafficking.

Poppy September 15, 2012 at 12:15 am

What the hell is “Run DMC?” Some sort of Devil May Cry reference?

lolinski September 15, 2012 at 01:53 am
Poppy September 15, 2012 at 06:49 pm

Are they as good as One Direction or Nickleback?

Nick September 15, 2012 at 02:32 am

You’re serious? You DON’T know who Run DMC is?

Get out. Go and Youtube Run DMC and learn some important culture.

Go. Go now.

Tommy P September 15, 2012 at 08:08 pm

@Nick you are a fucking moron and an absolute infant when it comes to Internet culture. @ Poppy, good troll my friend, good troll.

Poppy September 15, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Okay, but only if you do something for me as well.

Go on Google Images and search “Blue Waffle.”

That is all.

Dennis September 15, 2012 at 12:19 am

I feel your pain. I went shooting with a bunch of kids from my church recently, and they all wanted to shoot my guns. They were emptying magazines as fast as I could load them. I wanted to be friendly and share, but DANG, all I could see was hundreds of rounds of MY ammo disappearing.

Wolf September 15, 2012 at 08:32 am

I feel your pain. I get so pissed off at videos of guys bumpfiring hundreds of 5.56 rounds.. into nothing.

I keep a stock of 500 rounds in 7.62×39, and at least 50 in 9mm, but my .308 and 5.56 are running dry, (5.56 x 60, 308×10) It just costs so much.

dave w September 15, 2012 at 09:07 am

I always thought it was because Mike is a Micheal j fox / back to the future fan.
Delorean Motor Company.

Kyle September 15, 2012 at 10:58 am

aww come on. i enjoy shooting .22lr. (its even better when suppressed)

Gviken September 15, 2012 at 11:07 am

I am with Kyle .22s are fun as hell to shoot. Especially the pistols. I will shoot a few hundred rounds of .45 and then a brick of .22. Hours of fun good practice and no guilt.

Ski-Woo September 15, 2012 at 11:30 am

I’ve got to run with Kyle and Gviken. .22’s are great for recreation, and when I run low on my larger calibers I like to practice with a .22. Just because it isn’t what you carry everyday doesn’t mean it isn’t worth it’s weight in gold in training value. If I have a competition and I’m low on cash then I practice for a few hundred rounds with my .22 and then shoot a box or two of my .40 or .45 (whichever class I decide to shoot in) to make sure I still have the feel for it. But I agree on bulk buying, I do it as often as I can.

Brandon September 15, 2012 at 12:49 pm

If I miss a MrColionNoir video from my subscription box, I’m bound to find it here. Excellent and entertaining video as always.

Weer'd Beard September 15, 2012 at 03:36 pm

I love my S&W 617 as I can shoot a ton of .22 through it, and that double-action trigger really hones a lot of skills, and I can finish off with a few boxes of the expensive stuff.

Still I really need to do some HEAVY training with my FAL to polish how I run that rifle…but even bulk surplus 7.62×51 is EXPENSIVE! Reloading the stuff isn’t super cheap either!

Lots of dry fire!

Tekno September 15, 2012 at 04:49 pm

“Gunpowder crackheads” Hell ya!!! Finally, I can label myself!

USSMunkfish September 15, 2012 at 05:23 pm

“The cute girl next to you was checking you out because you were shooting a fancy HK MP7…”

Heh, yeah…

Church September 15, 2012 at 09:48 pm

“But lets not kid ourselves we all know that .22s are for arthritic grandmothers, kids, and people that don’t shoot that often.” Made my day! Thanks Mike!

Saxon September 15, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Blame the EPA and the gov in general. They put in and continue pushing for all sorts of regulations that drive prices up. Plus every damned federal department has their own SWAT team that needs 1,000,000 rounds of hollowpoint each. Maybe they hog the market just to piss us off?

Max September 16, 2012 at 12:13 pm

“It’s Range Day!” needs to be on a t-shirt.

CK September 17, 2012 at 10:41 am

Really? .22lr is for old ladies and people that don’t shoot much? Did he really say that? I didn’t watch because the guy is almost as long winded as Nut’n’fancy. I shoot as often as I can, it may not be as much as super cool Mr. Noir but I have more fun shooting .22 than anything else and, therefore shoot .22 more. I guess I’m just not willing to spend enough on ammo to be cool and elite like some others are. But, then again, I have 2 kids to take care of.

Jayson September 19, 2012 at 11:08 am

Whoah, WAY off on the assessment of .22. It is one of the finest calibers in existence for ROI, keeping those skills up, and for plinking. Please give the .22 the respect it deserves; you’ll find 99.9% of people that have been shooting for 10 years or more find the .22 to be near or at the top of their favorites list.