HK MP7 vs Samsung Galaxy SIII

Richard Ryan (iPhone shooter) puts some work in on Apple’s competition:

Props to Richard for pronouncing HK “Heckler & Coke” as germanically intended.  That said, we all know that the MP7 is technology that no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on.  This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of.

I can appreciate many aspects of Apple’s phones, but I really feel android devices such as the one in the video are far superior for anyone that doesn’t fall under the category of housewife or little girl.  Your money though, do what you want with it…

Phoenix October 9, 2012 at 12:21 am

as a counterpoint…

if i owned a Galaxy S3, id also want to shoot it with a sub machine gun that id have to go out of my way to get.

kidding. different strokes for different folks.

dave w October 9, 2012 at 01:01 am

remember when people would buy apple because they thought microsoft was a big evil corporation and apple was cutsie niche. Now apple is twice as evil.

Scott October 9, 2012 at 07:13 am

Sorry to disagree but I bought an Android phone and in order for something to be “Far Superior” it kinda needs to, you know, work more often than the thing it’s superior to. After all of the lockups/crashes and hard resets I decided to stick with something that works. An iPhone. Sorry Android fanboys, but at least housewives and little girls will be able to make and receive calls and use the internet reliably.

PJ October 9, 2012 at 07:41 am

I couldn’t get past the build quality. I held all the Android phones. Then held an iPhone. The iPhone felt better built. I suspect that’s because Google lets anybody use the Droid software so it tends to be used by phone manufactures trying to cut costs. The software may be better, I just didn’t like any of the phones themselves.

Rob C. October 9, 2012 at 11:00 am

I’m with you PJ. Aluminum and Glass > Plastic. If I’m gonna drop $200 on a smartphone, it should feel like a quality item.

GViken October 9, 2012 at 08:24 am

Samsung phones are shit. I went through two in two years. Finally took my wifes used iphone I have beat the hell out of it and it has never had a single glitch.

J October 9, 2012 at 08:41 am

Incorrect. The pronounciation of Heckler & Koch is not reproducable in the Englisch language. The “ch” ist a rasping sound that comes out of your throat. Source: I am a German.

ENDO-Mike October 9, 2012 at 07:09 pm

*shrug* http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/faq.asp – “coke”

Thanks to Rodger Young below for the link.

crazyxgerman October 9, 2012 at 08:51 pm

Sorry, but Rodger has it wrong.

“Koch” is the German word for “cook”. It is also a very common last name. In German, the word is pronounced exactly as J described it.

To hear it, go to http://de.forvo.com/word/koch/ and click on the Play button.

The H&K FAQ state that the English pronunciation is “coke” solely because they know that English speaking people cannot make the common German “ch” sound.

And yes, I am an anal retentive German as well |:^}

Church October 9, 2012 at 09:22 am

That was way more badass than a .50 round going through something!!!

MrColionNoir October 9, 2012 at 09:51 am

I have a Samsung S2 and an Iphone 4s and I would take the Iphone if I had to choose between the two. Androids OS is not very efficient and starts to bog down on its self after time. The Android is superior on paper but in use the iphone experience is much more desirable.

Ricardo October 9, 2012 at 11:03 am

Lol that was awesome.

Rodger Young October 9, 2012 at 05:06 pm

it’s a name, it’s pronounced however the person wants it pronounced.

shockfish08 October 9, 2012 at 06:32 pm

Sending that google money!!! :D That bit was awsome!

Brandon October 9, 2012 at 07:36 pm

I have used, owned, and lived on both. The Android has always served me better in terms of actual utility and catering to my instinctive desire to customize; however, it is no match when standing up against the iPhone’s knack for senselessness, enjoyability, and pure, simple fun.

I think the iPhone will always win in the hearts of the majority simply due to the fact that we already have a computer to serve our boring, utilitarian needs. On the go, we want something quick, easy, and fun.

Skyler October 10, 2012 at 08:40 am

Whoa that MP7 clearly does not belong in the hands of a civilian. /sarcasm

ZBalentine October 10, 2012 at 09:05 am

Root your Android phones…It’s fairly easy to do and it makes for a completely different experience.

Android OS is essentially linux, so once you root it and remove all of the obligatory bloatware/crapware programs it’s free to set up any way you want. It’ll also run faster and smoother with all of the crapware/bloatware removed.