Easy Access To Handgun In Vehicle

MrColionNoir heads out to the whip to take a look:

MIC – Apparently not only a racial slur targeted at Irish people. :P  Or maybe this holster was originally intended for the Irish… I don’t know.

I like the idea of that type of holster for easy access in a vehicle.  If you’re on the fence about it, for $19 it’s definitely worth a look.

There are other more “boutique” options such as the Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 which I have also looked at.  It’s more expensive at $35 though.

I’m waiting for a video where MrColionNoir revisits car holsters when he gets his BMW M6.

Notice the quick flash of the ENDO Selector Switch hat during the handgun cover part of the video?  If you want one, they are almost out of stock.

Thoughts?  How do you keep a handgun at arms reach easily accessible in your vehicle?

dave w October 24, 2012 at 12:30 am

pfftt, lightweight. If you dont have the guns installed in the vehicle itself (and smoke/oil/flame throwers) then i dont care.

Phoenix October 24, 2012 at 12:36 am

when i had my taurus 85 it fit extremely well with an uncle mikes holster in my top center console on my 99 accord. friend has an 03 accord coupe and his glock 33 or smith and wesson shield both fit in there with spare mags and are completely out of sight.

Phoenix October 24, 2012 at 12:36 am

i mean to say the 03 accord has a space under the radio that the G33 and SW Shield fit in.

we need an edit button, mike.

nikonmikon October 24, 2012 at 10:01 am

^this! lol

Punish3r October 24, 2012 at 02:28 am

I am wearing mine usually but i am interested in this one and will install one in each of my vehicles http://www.tactical-life.com/online/products/universal-vehicle-handgun-holster-mount/

Punish3r October 24, 2012 at 02:30 am
cc19 October 24, 2012 at 03:11 am

Neat idea I might have to copy that. I’ve never chambered for car carry specifically for the reasons he mentioned.

nikonmikon October 24, 2012 at 10:02 am

what reasons did he mention for not chambering? i could have sworn he said he chambers his gun…

RWC October 24, 2012 at 11:42 am

I think he meant he doesn’t carry with one chambered in case of an accident and the gun is flying around. This alleviates that concern.

nikonmikon October 24, 2012 at 11:43 am

ah i get it, to be honest i don’t carry a chambered gun without a holster or something resembling one around the trigger guard. it’s too terrifying.

cc19 October 24, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Yeah, that’s what I meant. The triggerguard thing he has there looks great in order to do so.

nikonmikon October 24, 2012 at 12:32 pm

it is pretty dang sweet

Aaronw October 24, 2012 at 05:21 am

Looks like he’s about to express dissatisfaction with the selection of stations on his Sirius/XM receiver.

nikonmikon October 24, 2012 at 09:58 am

I carry like this:

or this:

Mostly the 2nd pic because it’s easier but it depends on where I am.

Here in Louisiana we can open carry so it’s a non-issue in the vehicle but often times when I go to Houston I just shove it into the center console.

ENDO-Mike October 24, 2012 at 01:38 pm

Restricted Law Enforcement / Government Use Only shirt in the 2nd pic! I like the subtle product placement. :)

nikonmikon October 24, 2012 at 01:39 pm

haha yeah i was going to edit my post to mention that :P

jpcmt October 24, 2012 at 11:11 am

Went to buy one then declined out of principle because the seller uses paypal. Yep, I’m one of those anal boycotting people.

ENDO-Mike October 24, 2012 at 01:31 pm

haha yea I did the exact same thing.

Church October 24, 2012 at 01:27 pm

So it has to be pinched between 2 things? That wouldn’t work in my car. But a good review.

enfieldem2 October 24, 2012 at 05:09 pm

Neatest looking rig like this I have ever seen was from a movie, the expendables I think. Where you had essentially a safe in the center console. If one had the ammunition in a separate compartment it would be totally legal in all states and allow relatively fast access to your weapon. I told a machinist friend about this but nothing is probably going to come of it. I hope to get a car pistol lockbox sometime soon though.

tv_racin_fan November 14, 2012 at 12:10 am

One can always opt for the Crossbreed Ohai and a bit of velcro.

I purchased a couple of Kholsters with the intent to make an Ohai before I knew they had them available.

Just realised if I want to install it on a console I should have gotten left hand versions…