Cabela’s Blows Shit Up While Bumpin Dubstep

I was skeptical when I hit play… but soon after was impressed:

The video started off with some jello-effect (rolling shutter) digital SLR filming by someone that couldn’t keep the camera still on a pan to save their life…. then came the old bait and switch… but in a good way!

0:39 – Straight disrespected that hole which a coyote used to call home.

That .22LR brass ejection starting at 1:10… great shot.  I love seeing shock waves in the dust on the ground too.

Thoughts?  Anyone used this Star Targets brand of binary explosive?

dave w October 27, 2012 at 12:05 am

Pretty sure all binary targets are illegal up here in canuckistan

WOMBAT October 27, 2012 at 06:46 am

“Thoughts? Anyone used this Star Targets brand of binary explosive?”

I’ve used the centerfire version as well as Tannerite, they both work equally well.

45er October 27, 2012 at 08:49 am

Wombat, I’ve shot quite a few of them and they are pretty awesome. Be careful, they’re more destructive than you think. They will destroy anything within a 6 foot radius. They come in different sizes if you’re scared to go with a big boom in your neighborhood. I think they are 1/4, 1/2, and 1 pound. Lots of fun.

Crunkleross October 27, 2012 at 03:43 pm

Somehow exploding targets just don’t seem as cool if you can buy them at Cabelas, or maybe it’s that every freaking video made has to have exploding targets. Really nice video though.

Church October 27, 2012 at 05:00 pm

Um, best corporate promotional video I’ve seen for shooting in awhile. And… It came from… Cabela’s!?

Doyletoo October 27, 2012 at 07:35 pm

Yes, probably a very wise investment by them. I get Cabelas gift cards from work periodically and I think I know what my next GC will pay for…

Andy Wolf October 27, 2012 at 07:58 pm

WTF is dubstep? I just heard powertools.

BBJones October 29, 2012 at 11:53 am

its this annoying music that was played during this video. Funny bit from Key and Peele making fun of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kod1q39ddE

ENDO-Mike October 29, 2012 at 12:28 pm

hahah that’s awesome.

“Wait for the drop”

“the drop?”

M October 27, 2012 at 09:53 pm

pretty easy to make this shit yourself, just get some nitrogen fertilizer (33-0-0) and aluminum powder, both available very cheaply. Don’t mix it until you arrive at your shooting area, illegal to transport explosives.

I like the small canisters on stakes that they used, might have to pick some of those up. should be somewhere i can get them in bulk…

Crunkleross October 29, 2012 at 02:49 pm

You have a cheap source for al powder, online maybe?

matt October 29, 2012 at 09:53 pm

You can make it if you have a rock tumbler. Especially reloaders who have a Thumblers Tumbler. You use it as a ball mill if you insert 0.5″ steel ball bearings. Shred alumnim foil in a paper shredder and put it in, then add 10% charcoal, and then let it tumble for a long time.